Mario Mandžukić

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
We should be all over this.

With Lukaku gone we won’t have a CF to rely on. Dybala will player SS or False 9, and I have no trust in relying on Rashford and Martial as our main CF, they will be lucky to get double digits in the league. Lot of pressure on them and risky to rely on them to get the goals we need.

Chairman Steve

I like him a lot. He would add an experienced head in attack. Totally support the purchase of him.

Infra-red

As explained above, he's not a big, slow, Andy Carroll-style lump. He's all about hard running, pressing, winning all the duels and generally making CBs lives a misery.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Crazy that juve wants to let him go despte him seemingly happy there to be a backup

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Perfect player to go long. We are actually becoming a Jose team now . With some brilliant set piece takers and who will attack it nicely.

Hercules

I'm of the opinion that even if we don't get Dybala, we should sign him. If he comes in with a fresh mind (and that's a big if), he will certainly perform. His desire and willingness are up there with the very best.

LJJT

Bit surprised at this given he’s 33? 5 years ago maybe but surely we wouldn’t offer him more than a 1 year deal? Would he go for that?

WensleyMU

Big fan of Mario. Will be a shrewd bit of business if we get him and Dybala.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Once Lukaku leaves, we have no physical presence up front. Martial, Rashford, Dybala (if we signed him), James, Greenwood, Mata, Lingard or even Sanchez are all technical players, and none of them is an aerial threat. Mandzukic provides us exactly what all of them can't. A perfect plan B for us especially when some Burnley team is parking the bus and won't move their 11 players away from their penalty box. He is also extremely hardworking on the field and has a very high defensive work rate which suits our tactics.
Sensible, accurate post

Tony247

That man sneaks goals when matters the most. We need that kind of leopard hovering around the box.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We have young players that need to play.
And play they will. Europa League, League Cup. And potentially FA Cup.

Mandzo will be coming on when we’re winning and seeing a game out or trying to get something in in the last 10 mins. He’s not going to hinder Greenwood’s progress imo. On the contrary, he can learn to be a bit of a shitehouse! :)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Greenwood and Chong.
Neither of which will be playing striker this season. Chong is an out and out winger.

Greenwood will be playing wide right for a season or 2. Doesn't impact them a jot.

Patrick08

Once Lukaku leaves, we have no physical presence up front. Martial, Rashford, Dybala (if we signed him), James, Greenwood, Mata, Lingard or even Sanchez are all technical players, and none of them is an aerial threat. Mandzukic provides us exactly what all of them can't. A perfect plan B for us especially when some Burnley team is parking the bus and won't move their 11 players away from their penalty box. He is also extremely hardworking on the field and has a very high defensive work rate which suits our tactics.
Yep, good Point. Certainly a very good option. Though it's unbelievable that we will be bringing in so many players.

Crimson King

I have a feeling we'll end up with Mandzukic instead of Dybala.

I don't think we'll sign both.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We're also lacking experienced heads on and off the pitch, so Mandzukic would be a very good move in that regard too.

Lavanda

Hope this is true. I always was a big fan of his because of his warrior mentality and for the effort he puts on the field. Also, considering the amount of youngsters that we have around right now (Greenwood, Gomes, Chong), I think that a player with his attitude would set a great example to follow.
Beside that, he is a great plan B when things aren't going our way. He adds physicality upfront and he makes a great target man, when we have to get fast in the opposition box.