Mario Mandžukić

Acole9

Outstanding
You mean a 33 year old that has struggled to get in to double figures in a league season for many years now.

There is a lot better out there.
Not disputing there's better out there but in case it escaped your attention we're shit so we can't be too picky.

Renegade

Stopgap. Just as Ibra was. We should be buying strategically for the next few years, not plugging holes with whoever we can get as a short term answer. We'll maybe get a season and a half out of him - bet he gets a 3+ year contract, though.
difference being Zlatan was coming off the back of a 50 goal season and MM has scored 40 in 5 years.

Pure panic buy. Decent back up, but back up isn’t what we need. We need a game changer like Arsenal did with Auba a couple January’s back.

thomas porter

difference being Zlatan was coming off the back of a 50 goal season and MM has scored 40 in 5 years.

Pure panic buy. Decent back up, but back up isn’t what we need. We need a game changer like Arsenal did with Auba a couple January’s back.
Ole clearly sees Martial as the 1st choice striker and I'd like to see him get his chance. This imo would be a great signing as he's solid backup and a different option off the bench.

Where we should really splash the cash in January is on a right winger and a Herrera replacement so we could play 433. If Rakitic is available at a decent price he'd be a very good addition but would definitely prefer Bruno Fernandes or Dani Olmo.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Mario would surely help alleviate the pressure on your forward youngsters, also allowing hoofball again to set up fast counters. He is out of rotation at Juve because he does not fit in the Sarriball and also because he always wants to play, no bench accepted... so be ready, in case...

Lee565

I find it odd that Solskjear is willing to spend a 9 million transfer fee on a 33 year old with a poor goal record but not interested in zlatan?

Tells me that Solskjear cant handle big personalities as it would dwarf his authority.

SAFMUTD

Some stats:
2015-2016 14 Goals
2016-2017 16 Goals
2017-2018 14 Goals
2018-2019. 10 Goals

He's never been much of a goalscorer, and is on a clear decline, 10 freaking goals last season in all competitions thats a pretty shitty record, dumb dumb recruiting if true.

Ban

I find it odd that Solskjear is willing to spend a 9 million transfer fee on a 33 year old with a poor goal record but not interested in zlatan?

Tells me that Solskjear cant handle big personalities as it would dwarf his authority.
Extraordinary concluding that.

Ban

Some stats:
2015-2016 14 Goals
2016-2017 16 Goals
2017-2018 14 Goals
2018-2019. 10 Goals

He's never been much of a goalscorer, and is on a clear decline, 10 freaking goals last season in all competitions thats a pretty shitty record, dumb dumb recruiting if true.
He was injured for a good part of last season. It's true he isnt a profilic scorer but offers a lot more as a striker besides goal.

Halal Jalal

If we're looking at Juventus players, Emre Can (best realistic CM purchase) and Demiral (next Vidic) should be our priorities. Maybe even Matuidi, he's declining but still a well-performing first team player.

Mandzukic on the other hand is finished, he was supposed to move to Qatar for f*ck's sake! There's a reason why Juve froze him out completely, and they sure love their veteran players.

Ban

Would Mario be a good January signing mate? You know better than anyone.
I think he'd be a good January signing. He'd offer goals, pressing, good build up play and lots of off the ball play which often goes unnoticed. Always leaves his hart on the pitch and he'd be an instant fan favorite.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He will be a short term deal until we get Mousa Dembele in the Summer. Rakitic could be another.
Why do we need a short term deal? To get top 4 this season? And why would he accept such a short term deal?

Also people don't even seen to rare Dembele as highly as Lacazette so seems pointless to saddle the squad with a bunch of not so great cFs.

SteveW

Zlatan is an old man.

Sterling Archer

Year and half not bad.
It's a fecking travesty if true. In fact, if this is in fact the transfer Ole's pushing for now then sack the man right away.

It's all so whacky. Why not go for that Norwegian heavyweight, Erling!? Or anyone else that's not at the tail end of their career having never played in this feckin league. Youth Courage Success right. What the actual feck

SAFMUTD

He was injured for a good part of last season. It's true he isnt a profilic scorer but offers a lot more as a striker besides goal.
Is he really a striker we should be looking at? We need a top quality striker or at least a promising one. We all now what Mandzukic can offer and I don’t think he's good enough for what we should aspire.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We're struggling to score. I don't think this signing is the answer, as we don't need another player with "great movement" or "hardworking" as his main attribute.

Ban

Is he really a striker we should be looking at? We need a top quality striker or at least a promising one. We all now what Mandzukic can offer and I don’t think he's good enough for what we should aspire.
Situation is so dire that we should get what we can in January and Mario is a lot more than that, he should help us a lot till the summer. In the summer we can think about what should we aspire to.

Bestietom

It's a fecking travesty if true. In fact, if this is in fact the transfer Ole's pushing for now then sack the man right away.

It's all so whacky. Why not go for that Norwegian heavyweight, Erling!? Or anyone else that's not at the tail end of their career having never played in this feckin league. Youth Courage Success right. What the actual feck
Not many will move in January, so Mandzukic for 9million might be our saviour. A lot ranted about Zlatan also but he scored 27 goals.

SAFMUTD

Situation is so dire that we should get what we can in January and Mario is a lot more than that, he should help us a lot till the summer. In the summer we can think about what should we aspire to.
We would end up with another deadwood player that we’ll struggle to get rid of. We should invest only on players that are/can be good enough, we already have a lot of past it players.

Ban

We would end up with another deadwood player that we’ll struggle to get rid of. We should invest only on players that are/can be good enough, we already have a lot of past it players.
I'm sure they will be a plenty to choose from in January.
Not.
If he'll be on decent wage we won't have trouble passing him on later.

MisterLupus

Zlatan is an old man.
I met Zlatan a couple of months back. I asked him "Can you still do it?" He just smirked then grabbed me by the belt and collar - lifted me above his head before doing twenty squats. I then sat down in a meditative pose on top his shoulders while he did fifty pushups - before ending it all with such force it projected us all the way up beyond Earth's orbit and finally crashed us into the dark side of the moon. "Oops" he proclaimed - "Indeed" I concured. "Might have overdone it there" he elaborated - "Seems so" I agreed - before adding that "Also it's fecking weird that I can hear you we're in the Universe now". He looked at me in disbelief - as if I was a moron - as if this was common knowledge - before explaining that "Even in space - Zlatan cannot be silenced". Suddenly a division of Nazis surrounded us - twelve thousand strong and oddly enough Jamaican. "No Hitler no Heil" one of them said in an utterly indifferent manner - puffing smoke into his helmet and pointing his sub-machinegun towards us - "Sod off!" Zlatan replied before stomping the ground so hard it not only skyrocketed us back to earth but also sent all the rastanazis floating towards the Asteroid Belt.

Well back back to earth he looked at me in disguist. "Lupus - you're getting fat" he said upon re-entry - while we were falling towards the Atlantic. "Shut your dirty face you ugly Swede" I answered - "That's beef not belly and you know it". Ibrahimovic laughed defiantly - bemused by my outburst. "No" he obejcted - "it's belly - and a hint of manboobs. Also your chin is less defined than it used to be - and your hairline slowly receding".

Right before crashing into the ocean I woke up - not scared from the imminent impact - but sad and sobbing knowing he was right. Knowing that Zlatan - is always right.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He has played a whopping zero minutes this season, according to WhoScored. He doesn’t appear to be injured, either. Worrying signs?

He’s also a player we’ve been linked to for about 18 months now. Have to start querying our scouting system, we seem to recycle targets too frequently.

Ban

He has played a whopping zero minutes this season, according to WhoScored. He doesn’t appear to be injured, either. Worrying signs?

He’s also a player we’ve been linked to for about 18 months now. Have to start querying our scouting system, we seem to recycle targets too frequently.
You're aware why he hasn't played?

arthurka

Mandzukic is a poor mans Ibra.

Dembele wouldn't be even an upgrade on Lukaku.

Piatek, Lewandowski or Kane. Most realistic being Piatek at Milan as they're as bad as us at 12th in Serie A.

Throw 50m at Milan and we have a world class striker who is going to get even better.

Please that makes far to much sense.

Adcuth

He has played on the left side before too if we want martial up top. Rashford should be tried on the right to see if he can perform there. Or drop him and play James there

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You're aware why he hasn't played?
Juventus need to get rid of his wages, and he's the easiest of their forwards to sell

Would be good business from United imho. He's kinda in part what Mourinho hoped Lukaku would be. Martial and Rashford could gain a lot playing off of him

Plus he's a terrifying big game player. Sign him and guaranteed he'll score the goals that feck up liverpool's title bid

Irwin99

Could be a good stop gap signing. We've had some good experiences signing older strikers like Larson, Zlatan, and Sheringham over the years and it will take the heat off some of the younger players. He's not a prolific striker but he has a lot to give.

Should have been signed in the summer but for the utterly inept planning of either the board and/or Ole.

Crashoutcassius

Would be smart business. Martial will continue as main striker, that has been going well no need to panic. MM is there as a bench option, can play in 2 up top if needed. Nothing to say Martial can't learn from him, not ever an elite striker but has done it in big teams

Ban

Juventus need to get rid of his wages, and he's the easiest of their forwards to sell

Would be good business from United imho. He's kinda in part what Mourinho hoped Lukaku would be. Martial and Rashford could gain a lot playing off of him

Plus he's a terrifying big game player. Sign him and guaranteed he'll score the goals that feck up liverpool's title bid
Completely agree. Can imagine him scoring at Anfield in front of the Kop. He's an opposing defender nightmare.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Our entire front line (all three of them) are fairly inexperienced. Extremely so in Greenwood's case. If we're going to add somebody it makes perfect sense for it to be somebody older and more experienced, preferably with a history of success who might be able to pass some of that knowledge onto the three of them. I have no idea if Mandzukic is the right guy and maybe it is a year or two too late for him, but it does make sense for somebody of his profile to be bought in (as long as it's on a sensible contract, both wage-wise and length).

Sterling Archer

Our entire front line (all three of them) are fairly inexperienced. Extremely so in Greenwood's case. If we're going to add somebody it makes perfect sense for it to be somebody older and more experienced, preferably with a history of success who might be able to pass some of that knowledge onto the three of them. I have no idea if Mandzukic is the right guy and maybe it is a year or two too late for him, but it does make sense for somebody of his profile to be bought in (as long as it's on a sensible contract, both wage-wise and length).
I'm less concerned about Mandzukic's pedigree and more focused on the clubs strategy. The message at the end of last season is different from what came at the beginning of the transfer window then the end and now with our results in tatters. It's frightening. I've major distrust of Woodward but now also with Ole quickly back peddling from his original outlook.

Mandzukic is not only short term, it stinks of not knowing what theyre doing.