Mark Howard signs with Brondby

032Devil

Friday Jul 28, 2006

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -Manchester United defender Mark Howard signed a three-year contract with Danish club Brondby on Friday.
The suburban Copenhagen club did not disclose financial details of the deal with the 20-year-old defender.

"I am very glad that Mark has accepted our offer,'' club spokesman Anders Bjerregaard said. "I am certain it will strengthen us.''

On Thursday, the 10-time Danish champions advanced to the second round of the UEFA Cup after beating Valur of Iceland 3-1 on aggregate.

Is he a loss?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
032Devil said:
Friday Jul 28, 2006

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -Manchester United defender Mark Howard signed a three-year contract with Danish club Brondby on Friday.
The suburban Copenhagen club did not disclose financial details of the deal with the 20-year-old defender.

"I am very glad that Mark has accepted our offer,'' club spokesman Anders Bjerregaard said. "I am certain it will strengthen us.''

On Thursday, the 10-time Danish champions advanced to the second round of the UEFA Cup after beating Valur of Iceland 3-1 on aggregate.

Is he a loss?
It was announced earlier in the week at Carrington and no.....not a loss....Mark is a great lad...but with so many central defenders at the club he was never going to make the grade.....a cruciate injury in 2004/05 led to Fergie offering him a one-year contract to recover....but he was always going to be released......

032Devil

dcrompton said:
Do you think Meulensteen will go after any other reserve players? Could Brondby be a better loan destination than Antwerp?
...and why is Antwerp so highly regarded by United (as opposed to better partner-clubs)?

Tribec

I've heard from Bronby fans that the idea of loaning players to Bronby is being frowned upon by there GM. They are a selling club and can't make money on a loaned player. Thus I can't see them signing any sort of agreement with United, nor can I see a great deal of players going on loan to them. Perhaps 1 or 2 at the most each year.