Mark Sampson: Charged by FA with using racist language at Stevenage

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50489424

An ex-coach at Stevenage apparently reported him for using racist language back in September. The FA have now completed the first stage of their enquiry and:
Former Bristol Academy boss Sampson has been charged with an "aggravated breach" of FA rule E3 and has until 6 December to respond.

According to PA Media, it is alleged the remark was aimed at a player during a conversation about transfer targets.
Sampson's previous claim to fame was getting first of all sanctioned then sacked as the England women's team manager. Eni Aluko and Drew Spence backed by a couple of others from the women's team accused him of making racist remarks - which led to an apology from Sampson for: ""ill-judged attempts at humour."

He then got sacked from England women for inappropriate behaviour towards a couple of players from his previous management job (with a women's club team) - though the FA ended up giving him a settlement payment when he complained of wrongful dismissal (I think he said that information was already known the FA before they appointed him as England manager.)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The amount vitriol Aluko had to endure for being brave enough to take a stand against this bloke was scandalous.

Her England teammates made a point of celebrating a goal huddled with Sampson on the sidelines, while Aluko case was ongoing, which I guess made it clear where they stood on the matter.

Brophs

The One and Only
It’s always the ones you most expect part 3481

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The amount vitriol Aluko had to endure for being brave enough to take a stand against this bloke was scandalous.

Her England teammates made a point of celebrating a goal huddled with Sampson on the sidelines, while Aluko case was ongoing, which I guess made it clear where they stood on the matter.
Yes. I can understand the idea that the England players wanted to give him, "the benefit of the doubt," but that celebration felt like them publicly picking his side.

Some of the younger ones, who'd only recently joined the team and knew Sampson but not Eni Aluko - like Nikita Parris - maybe thought only in terms of the occasion and the team. But, from what I've seen, the only England players who've subsequently said they regretted that celebration are Karen Carney and Fran Kirby who Aluko played with at Chelsea. Which is a depressing thought.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
What did we do to Sampson?
More context to this would be interesting I think.
There are a lot of examples of Nigerians lying about their ages and also a lot of them dramatically drop off a cliff after 28/30. Obviously it isn’t fair to tar them all with the same brush due to this.

I’ve no doubt he is scum given the allegations in the past, but would be curious to see how the discussion went.