Markets

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Any word from the Reich House?

MTF

As I said before, don't read that much into it. Thankfully the market doesn't have arranged intentions (too many actors). People were right to be worried given the performance in 2017 and just last moth.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
As I said before, don't read that much into it. Thankfully the market doesn't have arranged intentions (too many actors). People were right to be worried given the performance in 2017 and just last moth.
What impact will this have on the dollar?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Much depends on the close today. If the market closes below the 50EMA then the pressure to the downside may continue throughout the week.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
IT just closed - down 1175 today.

Its the 12 biggest losing day ever in terms of percentage lost
Sounds like the sort of boast that will appear on a deleted Trump tweet.

Rory 7

Pretty savage decline by any measure. The Whitehouse saying 'the funadmentals of the economy are sound' will only fuel further decline tomorrow IMO.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I expected a crash in 2016/17, then revised that to late 2018/19 - it was coming just didn’t expect it this early on in the year :nervous:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Whats is the after market trading like. I know Amazon is up 4% since the close. Where do you think it will go tomorrow Raoul?
Amazon is actually down further in after hours (-2.8% for the day). I wouldn't touch stocks for the next few days until there's a clear signal the selling is over.

MTF

Why oh why, does anyone still care about the Dow? 1890s index methodology applied in 2018... Of course, conclusions about the S&P 500 are the same. I just want people to stop looking at the Dow!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why oh why, does anyone still care about the Dow? 1890s index methodology applied in 2018... Of course, conclusions about the S&P 500 are the same. I just want people to stop looking at the Dow!
For some reason its always been like that. Whenever people quote numbers its usually the Dow. Like the bottom of the great recession was famously 666.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I’ve got shares in Iberdrola that I’m looking to sell to free up some money. Does anyone know if the price will be affected by this? It’s gone down but it’s been a trend for the last few months. As you can tell I know bugger all.

SteveJ

Scout
Bloody hell, it's the Pigeon of Wall Street! :D

SteveJ

Scout
Gawd, I wouldn't have a clue about that stuff, mate; I'm truly childlike when it comes to figures n' things. Alas, I'm the Twat of Twit Street.

What impact will this have on the dollar?
If it's a real correction and not just a short term blip, dollar strength. I suspect it's a bit of both. The market is overbought but there is no real trigger for a correction yet.

Fridge chutney

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t get a teeny bit of enjoyment out of this after a friend who runs a hedge fund in NY spent the last couple of weeks taking the piss out of my dabbling in cryptocurrency...
Strange thing to take the piss out of you for given that you presumably made a decent profit (if that thread is anything to go by).