Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
While at this stage, this club would be damned either way, the people at this club need to show some backbone. Panic signing after not having plan? Sure. But it's better having someone here rather than nobody, especially with Ronaldo pushing for a move. Martial injury record in recent years is worrisome. We don't have a productive midfielder, wide forwards for false no 9 tactic.

And I am talking from the perspective of someone who are very skeptical all about Arnautovic
Erm no, he's a racist mate.

Droid_Repairs

Let Edinson Cavani, one of the best and most respected forwards of his generation leave on a free.

Then attempt to sign an ex Stoke City player who was already shite 10 years ago.

Brilliant.

KGBhoy

Let Edinson Cavani, one of the best and most respected forwards of his generation leave on a free.

Then attempt to sign an ex Stoke City player who was already shite 10 years ago.

Brilliant.
This. I was literally thinking this today.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Would be an incredible signing for the Old Trafford security crew, would look very intimidating in a yellow jacket.

I can't believe this link is real. This might be a low point.

Abraxas

Brilliant.
Cavani - 15 league appearances
Arnautovic - 33 league appearances

Not sure it's as ridiculous as you're painting it. If you're a backup striker you have to be fit. Otherwise we need a backup for the backup as well.

Newtonius

Theres backing the man and then theres backing the man, someones needs to be telling ETH this is not the guy we are not playing in the Eredevisie.

I mean lets be honest theres a reason the club was "happy to wait for the right players" yet are now panicking, clearly thought they could get something out of that squad yesterday and they were diabolically shit.

Godfather

Brilliant.
Arnautovic however is not quite as past it as Cavani. He also wouldn't go AWOL half the season. Not that I'm in favour of signing him but the reactions on here are a bit over the top from posters that have probably never seen him play

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Theres backing the man and then theres backing the man, someones needs to be telling ETH this is not the guy we are not playing in the Eredevisie.

I mean lets be honest theres a reason the club was "happy to wait for the right players" yet are now panicking, clearly thought they could get something out of that squad yesterday and they were diabolically shit.
Do you really believe that Rabiot and thos guy were ETH's first choice signings?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I came around to the idea why in a footballing sense, it might not be the most insane thing the club has ever done.

If there wasn't the fact he's a fecking racist.

Newtonius

Do you really believe that Rabiot and thos guy were ETH's first choice signings?
Its a problem they are even on his list at all... especially Arnaotovic that's disgusting... nevermind after pissing about for 12 weeks

What's even the logic? Because he played with him 14 years ago? He wasn't even good enough 3 years ago...

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Its a problem they are even on his list at all... especially Arnaotovic that's disgusting... nevermind after pissing about for 12 weeks

What's even the logic? Because he played with him 14 years ago? He wasn't even good enough 3 years ago...
Tbf we would have taken him when he was at West Ham. The difference is he’s 33

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Arnautovic however is not quite as past it as Cavani. He also wouldn't go AWOL half the season. Not that I'm in favour of signing him but the reactions on here are a bit over the top from posters that have probably never seen him play
He spent 6 years playing in England... I assume most here will have seen him play.

Mainoldo

He spent 6 years playing in England... I assume most here will have seen him play.
By some of the comments I doubt it. But I’m sure if you brought up his old thread the comments would look a lot different.

I think the main problem here is we don’t know what we want. But we know what we don’t want.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So Bologna are happy to let him come but don’t think he’ll go for it? :lol:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
From a sporting perspective, I guess it's the equivalent of Spurs having Fernando Llorente few years back.

An experienced plan B type to come in when required.

Llorente was really handy and influential for Spurs in crunch games.

But the thing is Arnautovic is not as good a target man as a Llorente or a Fellaini. Arnautovic is a big guy but he's pretty technical and well rounded forward but is hardly a monster in the air like those guys.

If you want to go for route 1 hoofball I doubt he's as effective as your Fellainis or Llorentes. This means Arnautovic can start some games too because of how well rounded and technical he is.

If United want their own Llorente for that purpose, might as well get Kaladjzic who can fit that particular mould more.

Red Rash

Honestly the more I think about it the less I understand this transfer. If we sign him this will leave us with Ronaldo (38), Arnautotovic (33) and Martial as our striker options.

The first two are too old to be anything more than a stop gap for a season while Martial we know is inconsistent and there are question marks over his mentality.

What is the long term thinking here? Do we have a primary target lined up for next season and we are just waiting for them to become available? If there is no long term planning then the club is a bigger mess than we originally thought.

If we were targeting a 20-25 year old up and coming striker who is maybe under the radar I can understand but this transfer makes no sense from a long term planning perspective

captaincantona

We need options across the front 3 that fit ETHs system. When Rashford/Martial/Sancho play there is chemistry and movement and they press well together. ETH has noted this. As soon as Martial got injured, the back up plans did not work.

we need players that can fill the roles of that front three. Martial has been playing as somewhat of a target man, good hold up and getting turned quickly. Ronaldo doesn’t do this as he can’t hold the ball up but he is better than a false 9. Like it or not, Arnautavic knows this role very well, is PL proven and will still bully centre halves. He will slot in to ETHs way of playing better than what we have when Martial is out.

still doesn’t solve the issue of what happens if Sancho gets injured and who can replace Rashford who is still not up to it.

Chairman Woodie

No chance you get Oismehn cheap, he is going to cost an arm and a leg
No quality player is cheap in the transfer market these days. I would prefer United to pay good money for a top young striker than signing thirty something year olds almost every season.

kaiser00

Gonna spin a positive here. He holds the ball up better than any of our other forwards. With him and Rabiot a lot more grit in the team, wont crap themselves. We need characters just ask keano!

IRN-BRUno

" Ex-England boss McClaren managed Arnautovic at FC Twente and tells colleagues the 24-year-old is completely mad. "
:lol:

At least BBC are letting United know what a PR disaster the past 24 hours have been if they didn't already get the message:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62471576
Some strange quotes on there.
Micah Richards - "Say they tried to get [Moises] Caicedo, or another young player, because of the size of the club, fans would say, 'who's this? why are we not going for the top players?'"
Pretty much everyone on here wanted him before he went to Brighton! In general I think the fanbase is quite understanding of our situation and realises we need to sign younger players and aren't in a position to bring in those at a top level.

"If you look at Cucurella, Chelsea are paying a 'risk premium'," said journalist Rory Smith. "Brighton take the risk that he might not adapt or settle, then Chelsea say 'he's proven, we'll now pay his true worth'.

"United can't do that, they can't buy a £15m relatively low-profile left-back from Getafe.
But we can sign a £15m relatively low-profile left-back from Feyenoord?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I tell you how I think its working at United. The new manager comes with a list confident that he'll get his players. Then our so called football people would spend ages 'trying to sign up' the players he want only to fail in every target. When the time start ticking they would ask for his second choice and then his third choice up until we reach a point were he either agrees to buy this crap player they found on Wish or nothing.

I mean do you really believe that SAF was really happy with the squad when he said so? Was he happy having Ronaldo being replaced with Valencia or having to rely with Scholes and Giggs despite them being at the wrong end of their 30s?

If I was ETH I would say no to these signings and then I would handle my resignation once the transfer window closes while stating that he was lied to by the club.

Mr.Plow

Brilliant.
Almost as bad as selling Lukaku, not replacing him, then desperately bringing in Ighalo on loan.

Bondi77

So our business so far has been two players fron the 7th ranked league in Europe, one player on a free and we are linked to a 33yo striker from Bologna and a prima donna French midfielder that is even slow for Serie A......what a fecking joke!

Jacob

Just watched a highlight video of his from Bologna. Serie A defending is terrible :lol:

Herman Toothrot

If he wants him, then get him. You were all pretty fecking adamant that Mauricio Pochettino wasn't good enough for Manchester United, so suck it up and give your man a chance.