Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Pretty much nail on the head there mate.

We are far from an attractive proposition, however while you mention Eriksen who's character has never been in question and then spin to this guy who has a ton of red flags these are not the same thing.

We need to just ignore this player there is surely another veteran forward we can get who has good quality with none of the issues this guy represents if we are to guide the young players.

or we need to just go with the young players and endure until we can build back up better.

I do fear the longer the malaise goes on with players and the media we become even less attractive to the right players, i dont think we are quite at the bottom of this cycle yet and in the coming weeks, months and potentially years could get very very ugly
The longer United avoid a long term correction as I stated above the worse it will get.

United at the moment are in no man’s land. Not good enough to compete for any major trophies but not bad enough to where they will be fully avoiding Europe all together.

Also by going for a full rebuild as I stated above the fans Will get behind the club and the young guys because the expectations will be lower.

United are in a serious possibility of going on a 30 year drought ala Liverpool and the owners and even some fans are too stubborn to realize that and think United are still competing with the elite clubs of the world.

As I’ve always said, it all starts from the top and it does not matter who you bring in, it will stay the same.

Everyone laughs but what Mourinho said years ago bears truer and truer every single day.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Just one more thing to add, I watched him a bit in the Nations league and he seemed not very fit. Not as explosive and strong as he was at times, so I think his decline is in full force.

Hughie77

no chance greenwood comes back.. not after the voice recordings and pictures.
If that's it then UTD just sack him now, instead of paying his wages . They cannot do anything until he's convicted of anything so far he's still on bail no court hearings issued no trial etc as far as I'm aware , can you see UTD just leave him go for nothing!

dedek_mraz

conspiracy theory time: I could see a scenario in which our board was fully aware of Arnautovic's racism but still went in for him because he was mentioned by ETH, so if by december the results are really poor, they have the option to start feeding the press bad rep about ETH in order to distance themselves from him in the eventuality of his sacking. Something like: "he insisted on his own targets, didnt care about scout recomendations" (this line was actually trotted out as early as this week!) or something like "the board confronted ETH about the controversy regarding Arnautovic but ETH insisted on singning the racist striker" ... like they did with Rangnick about his alleged forgetfullness and him being out of depth and not well liked etc.

Loony BoB

conspiracy theory time: I could see a scenario in which our board was fully aware of Arnautovic's racism but still went in for him because he was mentioned by ETH, so if by december the results are really poor, they have the option to start feeding the press bad rep about ETH to prepare for his sacking "he insisted on his own targets, didnt care about scout recomendations" (this line was actually trotted out as early as this week!) or something like "the board confronted ETH about the controversy regarding Arnautovic but ETH insisted on singning the racist striker" ... like they did with Rangnick about his alleged forgetfullness and him being out of depth and not well liked etc.
If they confronted him about it and let it happen, they are just as invested as ETH is. There is a line that can be drawn while still giving ETH the lead on who we sign.

Newtonius

"ETH is convinced Marko can be ready for premier league level"

...Arnoutovic the number 9 for Manchester United in 2022...Remember all the whining about FDJ? No, THIS is embarassing. Shows a COMPLETE lack of planning, and fecking Bologna turned down the bid my god.

Loony BoB

and fecking Bologna turned it down the bid my god.
Not 100% sure on this, but I feel like Bologna has no reason to sell at a discount - he's already at the club and if the fans are accepting him there, then he's got no reason to rush to sell unless he feels he can get someone better with the cash.

We, on the other hand, have not yet sullied our hands with him so we shouldn't be asking the question.

careca07

Are we still in for him? I've not seen much since we apparently bid and there was a lot of blowback from supporters.
if the club are sensible (and they evidently are not) they would back quietly away from this and leak it to the press that “any rumours of interest in Arnautovic were unfounded”

Abraxas

Why are people incredulous that Bologna reject a bid? Whats the difference between them rejecting a bid, and Brighton or Aston Villa rejecting a bid? No difference whatsoever, we made a small bid for their main striker and they rejected it. Simple. Not sure they're supposed to bend over just because a bid comes in.

Newtonius

Why are people incredulous that Bologna reject a bid? Whats the difference between them rejecting a bid, and Brighton or Aston Villa rejecting a bid? No difference whatsoever, we made a small bid for their main striker and they rejected it. Simple. Not sure they're supposed to bend over just because a bid comes in.
Hes 33 and hes shit they are taking the piss they think they have struck gold because United we panicking and ETH wants him.

buchansleftleg

This for me is a resignation matter. I'm not saying EtH should resign, because he can ask the club for whoever he thinks could do a job for the club. However senior executives have to do the "due dilligence" on any potential signing looking into stuff like anyone with access to google can find out about the player. It's one thing to have "enquired" about the player to at least get an idea of his cost, but this should never have reached the stage of making an actual bid.

To then continue to make a second bid in the face of public outcry is just an appalling degree of mismanagement. Releasing briefings to the press that the club is effectively "helpless" and that they have to do what EtH has asked them too is just duplicitous ass covering.

If you're going to take the big salary and job title you have to actually stand up for something. You didn't....you failed...gave pathetic excuses....then failed again.

If the club make another offer for this guy I will spend the last of my time following United to bombarding social media about it. We are acting as abysmally as Raith rovers did and will deserve all the online hate that will follow if we are stupid enough to sign the guy up. If they do... I won't follow United at all.

BlueHaze

It’s a sad reality but I think the fans need to realize that United at the moment is not a attractive prospect for high level players. Their are the couple that will come of course but United is not the first choice option for a lot of guys.

This current state of United reminds me of when Liverpool were signing Joe Allen, Stewart Downing, Jose Enrique and such while having Ngog at striker.

Arnautović for what United current level is, all things considered is an ok signing. You don’t have the ability to attract elite players right now and Arnautović could probably still put in some better performances and a better shift then the likes of Anthony Martial.

United have a long way to go to come back and personably if I was United I would attach the marker and season one a different manner.

- Promote the biggest talents in the club and give them a run on the bench and the very best ones at first team I.E Garnacho, Garner etc

- Sign talented Young players who might be interested to join a big name and a club with less pressure to win (atm)

- Buy some veteran players that can guide the youth, guys like Christian Erickson fit that role perfectly

- keep some veteran or core pieces that can be of value on the squad, I.E David De Gea.

Rebuild the club the correct way!
Hard to disagree with anything here. Still don't want this guy though.