Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Castia

Probably because we don't have enough money left after signing FDJ.

Just the harsh reality of it. We won't have another 80m to spunk on Antony. Sesko isn't moving.
Fair enough but Marko Arnoutovich???

Jesus Christ

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We've known Cavani and Greenwood wouldn't be options this season since last January. And we've known Martial would be our starting CF for several weeks now, meaning we were going into the season with the worst starting CF of any of the prospective top six sides.

If we end up having to sign Arnautovic (a player who wasn't good enough for Manchester United at his peak, let alone now) for "depth" rather than having addressed the obvious issue in our starting eleven (with increased depth then being a by-product of players who aren't good enough rightly being pushed to the bench) then it's a pretty abysmal failure on the club's part.

I'm reminded of Rangnick's reported advice on our issues to Murtough, in which he said signings like Cavani should be avoided as they are short term sticking plasters with no future. Ighalo, Ronaldo and now Arnautovic similarly. Except at least this season we had hoped lessons would be learned from the failings of the past.

It would be an impressive achievement to secure an addition that makes our transfer window look worse, but in the context of the rest of our business this would manage it. I would say it's the sort of signing a side looking to finish sixth would make but then I remember that side like West Ham successfully targetted a player of Scamacca's profile.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We are certainly going HAM in the transfer market...

OrcaFat

Arnautovic is 33 and played his last 3 years in China and Bologna. How much tune can you get out of him at this point in his career. ETH is not a god, he just goes for players he knows. He would go for Balotelli if he managed him at some point in his career. Laughable
I’m starting to think this is the reality. I feel like crying.

jasT1981

So, going for a player who will be 34 by the end of the season as a short term fix to make up for lack of transfer ambition.

I thought this was a new era? Same old, same old.

Leg-End

What a joke of a signing this would be, are we basically recruiting for banter?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I guess this is the big support the club is giving ETH. Mediocrity at this club from top to bottom.

Red_toad

Could do with him today, he can hold the ball up and bring others into play. We’ve seen zero of that.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
If there was no story about this in the express and some one posted a thread saying we should get Arnautovic there would be a page or two of mocking the OP and the thread would be closed

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This is what happens when you stop doing what you're supposed to do and let the manager decide targets. Murtough and Arnold, hats off.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel now.

Matt851

Beginning to get worried that ETH thinks everything that worked in the Dutch league will work here

mav_9me

We've known Cavani and Greenwood wouldn't be options this season since last January. And we've known Martial would be our starting CF for several weeks now, meaning we were going into the season with the worst starting CF of any of the prospective top six sides.

If we end up having to sign Arnautovic (a player who wasn't good enough for Manchester United at his peak, let alone now) for "depth" rather than having addressed the obvious issue in our starting eleven (with increased depth then being a by-product of players who aren't good enough rightly being pushed to the bench) then it's a pretty abysmal failure on the club's part.

I'm reminded of Rangnick's reported advice on our issues to Murtough, in which he said signings like Cavani should be avoided as they are short term sticking plasters with no future. Ighalo, Ronaldo and now Arnautovic similarly. Except at least this season we had hoped lessons would be learned from the failings of the past.

It would be an impressive achievement to secure an addition that makes our transfer window look worse, but in the context of the rest of our business this would manage it. I would say it's the sort of signing a side looking to finish sixth would make but then I remember that side like West Ham successfully targetted a player of Scamacca's profile.
Absolutely

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
There's the obligatory late summer veteran ST panic signing. Every year, without fail.

mav_9me

This signing tells you everything you need to know about the state of the club. Bigger issues than what's happening on the pitch.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
So the Sesko rumours are pie in the sky. We're definitely broke. Even Bologna are rejecting our bids. :lol: