Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Can't remember the last time our fanbase was so united against signing someone. Even the likes of Ighalo had a mixed support if I remember correctly, nowhere near as negative as this one.
For good reason. Those of us who opposed the Ighalo signing did so because he was a shit player, despite being a wonderful human being.

Arnautovic, on the other hand, is a shit player and a horrible person.

Castia

Why are some people neglecting the possibility that Ten Hagg wants Arnautovic? We’ve been following this transfer targets all summer - don’t see why that would change now.
Discussions have obviously taken place with the manager, it's no coincidence that we're suddenly bidding for players after yesterday

It's probably the managers choice but under what circumstances? we haven't waited 3 months to bid for Arny and Rabiot there must suddenly be a reason.

It's common knowledge that he wanted Antony and FDJ but he's ending up with these 2.

JSArsenal

All I remember about this guy is him very deliberately pushing Debuchy into the advertising boards causing the latter to be injured for months.

Now I hear he's a racist too? Lovely chap.

Dr. StrangeHate

Why are some people neglecting the possibility that Ten Hagg wants Arnautovic? We’ve been following this transfer targets all summer - don’t see why that would change now.
Because we are hoping it is untrue that ETH values a player with the character and abilities of Arnautovic. ETH has it rough with our shocking squad as it is, we don't want it to get worse by signing further dross.

Shark

@NotShark
Has this nightmare not stopped yet? Club surely can't go ahead with it if there's enough backlash.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why are some people neglecting the possibility that Ten Hagg wants Arnautovic?
I don't know - you have to ask those people.

To me it's obvious that he does want him if we are actually pursuing him.

Murtough may be an utter idiot (we all hope he's not) but there is literally zero reason why anyone other than ETH would be positively keen on Arnautovic.

(Well - Shteve, I suppose. But he doesn't outrank ETH.)

Last edited:

marktan

Why not timo werner? Is he too costly?
He can't finish his breakfast but I think he'd be a good signing for us, makes very good runs in behind and has good all round play. Certainly a more useful signing than Arnautovic.

MrSingh2002

Bold of you to assume we are looking at signing someone for next season already.
Not assuming it but I'm saying that could be the only logical reason for why the club would make such a disgracefully wrong move this window.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I would rather lose every game until the window shuts, but progress better-informed signings of hungry driven players with good work ethics, than rush through has-beens like this fella

Yagami

Good post resistant
Him and Rabiot...

Just end the season now. Absolute shite.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I vaguely remember reading something about that - they had a poll of some kind, didn't they? For or against a logo change.

The logo is remarkably ugly - I mean, it looks like shit even if you don't factor in the obvious.
You mean this I guess

"colonial becomes neutral" :lol:

saik

Three years in China and then Man United.. feck off. Dont sign this cnut.
After his stint in China he ended up at fecking Bologna a midtable club in Serie A and now here we are with Manchester United trying to sign him. Dude probably can't believe his own luck. Ofcourse he would push for a move. Why wouldn't he when by all means he would be atleast doubling his wages on a lucrative 3 year contract.

Godfather

He can't finish his breakfast but I think he'd be a good signing for us, makes very good runs in behind and has good all round play. Certainly a more useful signing than Arnautovic.
Some are going overboard now. He's actually a good footballer still. All round play is very good and he is strong as an ox. It's just way too late but let's not pretend he was never decent. Been Austria's best player for 10 years and yes I'm counting Alaba in.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So what have all the recent changes to Scouting and Recruitment been about? Because in reality nothing has changed.
I keep reading that our previous managers ignored recommendations made by scouting department and went on to buy their own targets.
However same has happened again. Torres was on the list but ETH went for Martinez (not saying who is better or a better fit, just that the process hasn’t actually changed).

Then we still don’t have good or decent back up options and instead again rather useless potential panic buys.
What’s the point in announcing and „creating“ all those fancy job titles if nothing has actually improved?

saik

Not assuming it but I'm saying that could be the only logical reason for why the club would make such a disgracefully wrong move this window.
Initial reports mentioned that was supposed to be Sesko, whereby we sign him and loan him back but looks like he's going to Leipzig so I don't think we have any future plan now.

The Hilton

No it doesn't. I've been really positive about about transfer market from the beginning of Erik's appointment, but having 2 months to buy a striker, and then ending up with Arnautovic, means this club has no clue what is doing. Why can't we have a long term striker, but we always end up with 30+ year old finished striker? What can he offer? Goals? 15 combined goals and assists last season in all games. This transfer alone gives me depression.
Who's the long term striker we should sign, given our lack of budget remaining?

I'm not saying Arnoutovic is the best move, but as a stop gap until we have the budget for a proper striker I can see why were in for him (again, from a purely footballing perspective, as a person I think we should stay clear).

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
This just confirms our morhphing into the liverpool team under hodgeson!

Castia

If we was going to go for a cheap option in attack why didn't we go for Memphis, Dybala or Belotti

Arnautovic is so fecking random.

hmchan

This thread just reminds me how good Arnautovic was when he was at Stoke. Shame that he chose to play in CSL.

DavelinaJolie

How much did West Ham pay for Scamacca?

And how much did Villa pay for Kamara?

fecking mental the business that could have been done, and instead looking at this clown.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If we was going to go for a cheap option in attack why didn't we go for Memphis, Dybala or Belotti

Arnautovic is so fecking random.
Because we're a shithouse of a club who have no fecking clue

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I mean Ryan Giggs is still considered a United legend.....
Is he? He was my favourite player and I considered him a legend BEFORE any of the allegations came to light. Now he's nothing.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We were all laughing at liverpools supposed 'donkey' - little did we know we'd have our very own donkey.

Karma eh.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You mean this I guess

"colonial becomes neutral" :lol:
Jaysus - and that is what they voted over?

Er...and they ended up going with "colonial" style?

Their logo is still the old one - yes?

I can sort of understand it, actually. If you're going to have a shite, completely anachronistic and offensive logo - why not go all the way?

What should we do:

A) Keep the original (anachronistic, ugly as feck, clearly offensive) logo?

or

B) Tone down the most obviously offensive parts - but still keep an anachronistic (and just plain silly) silhouette of a "Moorish" person as the central part of the logo?

Yeah - I might be tempted to vote for just keeping the original abomination.

marktan

Some are going overboard now. He's actually a good footballer still. All round play is very good and he is strong as an ox. It's just way too late but let's not pretend he was never decent. Been Austria's best player for 10 years and yes I'm counting Alaba in.
I like him, I've always rated him when he was younger but he's 33 now. With signings you need to think for the future and build for the future. E.g. Cavani, what was the point of signing him? Teams like City and Liverpool don't sign such old players. We need more than a stop gap.