Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
How on earth did they get a hold of his email address? :lol: Fans are far more resourcefull than the board.

I had to send my complaint using one of their generic contact us email and here are fans with the real deal.
People will always find a way. Except our transfer team of course, who can’t find a way to do shit.

Red00012

I’m a bit worried if ETH picked this guy out As a target in the 1st place

hobbers

Bottling it is almost embarrassing as the decision to go for him in the first place.

Still a club dictated to by social media.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The Whitwell article says United were caught by surprise by the backlash - did they honestly think people would be happy with this. Glad they eventually did the right thing though.

I bet the Bologna chairman is kicking himself for not accepting the initial bid.
The club is led by morons.

ETH doesn't care about this kind of stuff. He even played a murder suspect at Ajax.

I'm glad the cnut isn't coming.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pulling out isn't a contraception method.

It's off topic but the title gives me the opportunity to send that message to the inexperienced.

micmac

Unlike so many i like Arnautovic fiery personality, and football, technique when he is focused.

He is younger and he would actually love to play for us unlike the diva.

Martial is unreliable so we need a creative CF.
what do you think about his racist personality? No matter how good he might be that alone should deter us from him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Fitting in Liverpool's shit 3 decades into one decade won't speed things up for you. Of all your crazy transfers stories this one jumped the shark. Even I'm relieved this didn't go through. There's a limit even for us Liverpool fans. :houllier:

saivet

Is this the most embarassing transfer saga we've had? The timing of it all, the player himself, the history he has and now the withdrawal.

mav_9me

Fitting in Liverpool's shit 3 decades into one decade won't speed things up for you. Of all your crazy transfers stories this one jumped the shark. Even I'm relieved this didn't go through. There's a limit even for us Liverpool fans. :houllier:
Haha. Even Liverpool fans are pitying us.

mav_9me

Is this the most embarassing transfer saga we've had? The timing of it all, the player himself, the history he has and now the withdrawal.
It has to be between this and signing Fellaini after his release clause expired.

peridigm

Pulling out isn't a contraception method.

It's off topic but the title gives me the opportunity to send that message to the inexperienced.
I was going to comment that maybe his father should have...

Loony BoB

I wonder how many people realise that this mass emailing Arnold isn't going to do much aside from give his PA a giant headache and marginally slow down the speed at which our work is carried out?

I mean, I suppose it will annoy him, too, if that helps. I'm not saying he's doing a bang up job or anything but if you're going to protest, do it on Twitter with some trending hashtag or something so he can at least have less of a chance at screwing up other signings (unless, of course, they are signings of racists).

Azhar88

I get what you are trying to say but the key difference is "intent". Cavani was saying "thanks..." and used an anachronistic term as the second word. This word does have a different usage in some parts of the world and Cavani can claim some degree of ignorance about how a Direct translation of that term could be misinterpreted. He also felt he had been treated as harshly as those who had used such terms in a much more negative context.

As a older white male if I said "thanks blood" to a black man passing me my drink in a crowd it would be naff, uncomfortable, maybe a bit stereotyping but not outright offensive. However if I had been listing to a lot of rap music and said "Thanks my N....." then I would be totally in the wrong and would apologise. I could use the "cultural excuse" that I had been listening to rap music and used the term in an inappropriate way etc, but it still wouldn't excuse using the term.

Arnautovic used the N word on a number of occasions against opposition players to intimidate and belittle them. There are also cases of him hassling the women's players at West Ham and disrupting their training. Disrupting another teams training is definitely unprofessional and potentially threatening or predatory behaviour.

Will a future Ukraine vs Russia football game in a few years be a spicy affair with a lot of anger, taunts and tackles flying in...probably. But that is a different from intimidating and threatening players with racial taunts, It is racial hatred and should play no part in the modern game.

I'm relieved we seem to have pulled back from this moment of madness, but my god the club shouldn't be like a 4 year old at a bowling alley, needing the fans to act as some sort of moral conscience to keep them on the straight and narrow!
I read your post with interest and it makes total sense. But it begs the question: why didn't Manchester United stand by their man? Was a 3 match ban and enrolment on an 'education' course not a bit extreme? and assuming everything you have said to be correct, surely the club's legal team could have said the same, in his defence?

Before anybody says, oh its a small matter: three game ban, 2 hours in a classroom, big deal. However, it was obviously a big deal to the man himself (he did feel it was unfair) and then some months later we not only recruit Ronaldo, but give him Cavani's No. 7 shirt too. So a triple whammy of crap. The S. American basically downed tools and we end last season in 6th & although that was wrong too, you can see from his point of view that he'd been well and truly shafted, all starting with the club not sticking up for him when it was quite obviously a mis-translation and not racist.

marcus agrippa

But I don't understand all the racist arguments I'm reading on here, I really think that 'R' word is too often used these days and it is such an explosive one. For instance, if an Austrain abuses a North Macedonian (so basically two white men) is it racist? If I make a joke about a Scottish person, am I guilty of a racist joke? I don't think so.
This isn't intended to be a personal attack.

I'll address this particular bit to correct something. Please realize that 'race' is an invention (which isn't to say it doesn't have a real impact on people's lives). It is something constructed to serve a social purpose, typically to separate people based on superficial differences, and exert power. You reference 'two white men'. Well, for a long time in the United States, the Irish, the Italians, the Greeks, and certain others, now considered white, weren't considered so.

There's a great deal of literature out there tracing the origins of 'race' in human thought (a very recent origin, too), and the reasons why it came to be, and is maintained. And when something is so nebulous, so ill-defined, it is best to pause and think about what you're really saying when talking about it.

I won't derail the thread further, but it felt worthwhile addressing this.

Speako

How we can possibly have any confidence in the club whatsoever, if they were ‘taken by surprise by the fans reaction’ to this?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I wonder how many people realise that this mass emailing Arnold isn't going to do much aside from give his PA a giant headache and marginally slow down the speed at which our work is carried out?

I mean, I suppose it will annoy him, too, if that helps. I'm not saying he's doing a bang up job or anything but if you're going to protest, do it on Twitter with some trending hashtag or something so he can at least have less of a chance at screwing up other signings (unless, of course, they are signings of racists).
It will get to him a lot quicker than a hashtag will.

TOKUGAWA-X

what do you think about his racist personality? No matter how good he might be that alone should deter us from him.

I have looked into it and all i found was that he shouted: "im your f albanian mother"

Even UEFA banned him only for insulting another player.

"The UEFA Appeals Body has decided to suspend Austrian Football Association player, Marko Arnautovic, for the next (1) UEFA representative team competition match for which he would be otherwise eligible, for insulting another player," the statement reads.

I havent found the racist insult. Insults now count as racism ?

Arnautovic denied any racist allegations, i am starting to see why he did it unless i missed the racist insult that ocurred in another moment.

Albania vs macedonia this a case of regional battles, history, issues.

People who want to link markos insult to macedonians to racism just want to be offended.

Calm down.