Marko Arnautovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I know it would be for cover but he's nowhere near the level of player we should be signing.

izec

He is unpredictable, on and off the pitch. At least they know each other a bit from their Inter time, but i doubt this will go through.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Castles is one of the most reliable sources out there (for some reason he gets hate on here?) so I am not too disappointed about this. I think these are the kind of signings we need t strengthen the squad overall rather than only big names

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Fantastic player, can destroy a defense alone. Would deserve to play for a top team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Didn’t Jose dislike him at Inter? Calling him a child or something along those lines.

Anyway, please no. I’d take Mandzukic for depth though.

Chairman Steve

I wouldn’t mind. He can play right wing and centrally. He’s an aerial presence at 6ft 4. He’s got good feet. He’s kinda like a middle-class mans Zlatan.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Wouldn't be a bad signing if we'd gotten him straight from Stoke for £20m.

For the £70m West Ham would ask for him however...

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Wouldn’t be against this as a squad option. He’s much better than Rashford. Some will say that’s harsh and Rashford is 20 and so on, but the fact is we need a stronger squad and we need players to step in and do a job or come off the bench etc better than what we’ve had in the last few years.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn’t Jose dislike him at Inter? Calling him a child or something along those lines.

Anyway, please no. I’d take Mandzukic for depth though.
He also didn’t want Lukaku at Chelsea. People need to get off this, Jose is an adult not a child, and I doubt he had a personal hatred of Arnautovic. Both have grown since then.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Sigh. This is going to be a long transfer window.

If Jose wanted this cnut, why not sign him before West Ham got him?

haram

If you can get Arnautovic focussed he can be a real weapon. The first half of the season shows how bad he can be when he cant be bothered though.

Bojan11

Wow he’s 29. Thought he was like 25 or 26.

Definitely Mandzukic for me. Played for top teams and has bags of experience. Would cost less and doesn’t rely on pace.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I know it would be for cover but he's nowhere near the level of player we should be signing.
Forget "cover" - I'm pretty confident that Arnie would force himself into the starting line up, probably on the right of the front three.

Trizy

Be a fantastic option off the bench. He's a baller.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
If you can get Arnautovic focussed he can be a real weapon. The first half of the season shows how bad he can be when he cant be bothered though.
He's a weapon full-time.

Bratt

Yes please.
There’s something a little Cantona/Zlatan-esque about him imo.
Rated him since the first time I noticed him at Stoke.
He has his attitude problems on (and off?) the pitch, but every team needs a rebel.

Rajma

He's got a point. Carrick and Fellaini probably both out the door and Fred in so far.
We have more than enough presence for a top club Lukaku, Matic, CBs, Pogba...What other top club is obsessed with it? What do we do with Arnautovic if Jose leaves next season?

redpatron

One game where he runs all over mediocre Chris Smalling and Jose thinks he good enough for Manchester United. We badly need a DOF.

ti vu

Didn't he move to WHU for like 30mil? 30mil for a back up player is steep since WHU unlikely to sell him for loss

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
His surname is practically 'our cnut'.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We have more than enough presence for a top club Lukaku, Matic, CBs, Pogba...What other top club is obsessed with it? What do we do with Arnautovic if Jose leaves next season?
You have a point but specifically upfront when Lukaku is injured I guess there's no presence. Rashford can't be relied on to lead the line yet and Jose has a style which always relies on a tall physical striker. He needs that and won't take a risk on just Lukaku staying fit.

Morpheus 7

He's a lower table lump, average and inconsistent player. He's nowhere near the level we need to get back to the top.

ArjenIsM3

He's a bit of a wildcard isn't he? Hasn't really played in a dominant side yet so hard to say if that will suit him. I'd take him as a back-up to Lukaku if he's cheap. If not I'd rather we get Talisca to give us the presence Jose desires. He's also a bit of a wildcard but younger and more potential IMHO.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Wow he’s 29. Thought he was like 25 or 26.

Definitely Mandzukic for me. Played for top teams and has bags of experience. Would cost less and doesn’t rely on pace.
This.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Forget "cover" - I'm pretty confident that Arnie would force himself into the starting line up, probably on the right of the front three.
You rate him that highly? I'm not convinced. Would much rather we went for someone like Jamie Vardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.