Marko Arnautovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Who next? Crouch? Vokes? At 50m we are better off with players like them.

Patchbeard

I've been massively impressed with him over the last six months, after thinking he was definitely the flop of the season before Moyes switched him to centre forward in December. He's actually been bloody good as a lone striker since then, he may have 'only' scored 11 goals over the season but he hadn't scored til December he was so bad on the wing, so he must have almost a 1 in 2 record since going upfront. Didn't really rate him as a winger at Stoke either before that, but he's turned into a dangerous battering ram with technique up top, it's probably the only good thing Moyes has done since he left Everton.

Still, I don't think we should sign him as we already have Lukaku, so 50m for a backup doesn't make sense. But he's not half as bad as some people are making out (as a forward, he is undoubtedly bang average on the wing).

C'est Moi Cantona

If he was free I could perhaps see it, but West Ham will shaft us big time if this is actually true, which I still doubt.

donkeyfish

Poorly formatted post
WHAT, WHAT????? This is not the kind of player I will be happy with after the transfer window is closed! I can't fecking believe we're throwing away 5fecking0 million euro on this kind of GARBAGE!!!:eek: Woody and Mourinho - wake the feck up!! City and Pool are out there signing players as we speak while you two are waisting valuable time doing business with pub players. Did Woody read the wrong email or something because this looks like a Moyes kind of signing. Meltdown is not the correct word here. I'm actually lost for words. We were discussing players in the calibre of Bale after the second place, not this kind of Sunderland kind of signing!!!!! I'm reaching some kind of boiling point here and I'm not easily stressed out. Get off the fecking phone, get on a plane and sign some serious names ffs!!!!!!!

Ban

WHAT, WHAT????? This is not the kind of player I will be happy with after the transfer window is closed! I can't fecking believe we're throwing away 5fecking0 million euro on this kind of GARBAGE!!!:eek: Woody and Mourinho - wake the feck up!! City and Pool are out there signing players as we speak while you two are waisting valuable time doing business with pub players. Did Woody read the wrong email or something because this looks like a Moyes kind of signing. Meltdown is not the correct word here. I'm actually lost for words. We were discussing players in the calibre of Bale after the second place, not this kind of Sunderland kind of signing!!!!! I'm reaching some kind of boiling point here and I'm not easily stressed out. Get off the fecking phone, get on a plane and sign some serious names ffs!!!!!!!
You're reaching the boiling point or you're already there? (!!!!!!????)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
wowza

Roberto420

No wonder we are miles off Europe's elite potential signing like these are part of the reason, yeah hes a decent player but really is he Utd quality I really don't think so especially given he'll cost a fortune.

Surely the money should be used for more pressing issues like cm and full backs.

I'm just hoping he's a smokescreen for someone else that another top team are in for and we are trying to keep it quite, who that could be I haven't a clue heck I'd rather Mandzukic to be honest at least he's a proper jose Cf and would be a good plan b.

Cliche Guevara

Calm the feck down

IrishRedDevil

It’s £50 million pounds (proper money) not Euros. Hope that helps.

David Haberger

As someone who watches almost every game from united and arnautovic and many games from baugartlinger I can say the following.

I really believe, that arnautovic would be one of the top 5 players in the current United squad and I also believe, that he could play at almost every club as the main striker. His strength, technic and often overseen his vision are all outstanding. He would be an amazing signing for united even for 50mil. He destroyed one opponent after the other, day in day out last season. His goal scoring ability isn't even his best traid. I still hope he stays at west ham just for NT reasons(playing time) and the fact, that I thing we have enough players already who can do the job as a back up striker.

Baumgartlinger is far from wc or even amazing. You could compare him to an older cheaper kante. He is pretty much useless in the final third but he is running his soul out every game, has great presens on the pitch(captain for the Austrian NT) and is perfect to protect the defensive line. He is quite agile and very fit, more like 27 years than 31. Depending on The system mourniho is aming for he might be an OK option. Surly not the kind of player who gets us to the city level but not a bad signing. Clearly better than fallaini for around 5-7million he would be a really great signing. He also has great tactical understanding and is overall pretty intelligent.

gaucho_10

If you're paying 50 mil pounds for this guy (who is a year older then Bale), then 200 mil pounds is the minimum we can expect for our Welsh dragon.

Transfer market in England is a travesty. We'll keep laughing at you.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If you're paying 50 mil pounds for this guy (who is a year older then Bale), then 200 mil pounds is the minimum we can expect for our Welsh dragon.

Transfer market in England is a travesty. We'll keep laughing at you.
Yeah it's a travesty every top flight club in England has money. If only we had a system whereby we financially shit on every team outside the top 2!

gaucho_10

Yeah it's a travesty every top flight club in England has money. If only we had a system whereby we financially shit on every team outside the top 2!
That's the funny part actually. Every club in the league has money so you end up playing double for the same players. Nothing changes in the end.

ivaldo

That's the funny part actually. Every club in the league has money so you end up playing double for the same players. Nothing changes in the end.
If you think the likes of Stoke don't have more buying power than someone like Las Palmas, you're delusional. That's what you get when you have a league that's managed properly. Everyone benefits.

gaucho_10

If you think the likes of Stoke don't have more buying power than someone like Las Palmas, you're delusional. That's what you get when you have a league that's managed properly. Everyone benefits.
I think my post was clear enough so I really don't get the Stoke vs Las Palmas reference.

But now that you've mentioned it, Stoke probably has more money to spend then Atletico, but again, it doesn't help because every club in the league has money so the same EPL players that used to go for 25 mil now cost 50 mil or more.

I wouldn't be making this comment in the first place if I didn't read posts saying Bale is 60 mil £ player max, but at the same time there's Marko Arnautovic costing 50 mil £. Mind-boggling stuff really.

Situation in Spain sucks, we all know that. Luckily for us English clubs are swimming in money for last few years but looking at the bigger picture nothing has changed. The only ones making a difference are few managers who are implementing different football phylosophies. Money alone is never enough.

ivaldo

I think my post was clear enough so I really don't get the Stoke vs Las Palmas reference.

But now that you've mentioned it, Stoke probably has more money to spend then Atletico, but again, it doesn't help because every club in the league has money so the same EPL players that used to go for 25 mil now cost 50 mil or more.

I wouldn't be making this comment in the first place if I didn't read posts saying Bale is 60 mil £ player max, but at the same time there's Marko Arnautovic costing 50 mil £. Mind-boggling stuff really.

You can spin it any way you want but it's been few years now that all English clubs are swimming in money and looking at the bigger picture nothing has changed. The only ones making a difference are few managers who are implementing different football phylosophies. Money alone is never enough.
And how you've made that into something to laugh at is mind boggling.

Who has spent £50mil on Arnautovic? Must've missed that press announcement. Care to link for me?

Is it as hilarious as Barca spending 125mil on a player only for the selling club to replace them eith a better player for a third of the price?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The only reason he's 'costing' that much is because his club desperately don't want to sell, so are putting a stupid price tag on him. It's very unlikely anybody will actually pay that.

Bale will obviously cost more than 60m, but equally obviously he won't reach the stupidly high prices that some are saying. His injuries, his huge wages, and the fact that if he leaves Real it's likely that the new manager has decided that Bale is the one to make way to start a rebuild - that'll all keep that price down.

Red Devil Rising

If Mourinho signs this guy then he can leave his resignation letter at reception on the way out.

No wonder we've sunk so far since Fergie left if this is a Manchester United player.

James Peril

He'd be a great signing for 30m.
He would be a ridiculously bad signing. We need great players that brings us up to the level of Barca and Real, not a West Ham-forward that struggles with consistency and goals.

gaucho_10

The only reason he's 'costing' that much is because his club desperately don't want to sell, so are putting a stupid price tag on him. It's very unlikely anybody will actually pay that.
Fair enough. Makes sense.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Decent player but not a very Mourinho-type player! I guess if you’re looking for someone to unlock stubborn sides he’d be a good option- can’t see him being a regular though.

James Peril

I just read that Balotelli is on a free transfer, if Jose wants a mental forward he used to work with that seems to have calmed down a bit.
No thanks, although he’d score more goals than Lukaku did this season

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Don't think there's any truth in it, certainly not at £50m anyway, but when i've seen him play all strut and attitude he looks as though he thinks he's Cantona, maybe he's just like Eric, and after years as a journeyman he's looking for his stage, and they don't come much bigger than Old Trafford.

As unlikely as a move is, he's more likely to set the place alight, then fall on his ass

Could do a lot worse, and for the fee quoted not much better, unless buying an unproven whizkid

hobbers

For the right money he actually would be a very good signing.

Fellaini is technically quite a useless lump but he is/was definitely worth his place in the squad. And technically Arnautovic is anything but a useless lump.

Status
Not open for further replies.