Marko Arnautovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You sure, seen him get terrorised by attackers a fair few times?
That's pretty unfair, Smalling has his faults but he rarely gets paced/out muscled by anybody.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
That's pretty unfair, Smalling has his faults but he rarely gets paced/out muscled by anybody.
tbf he's been ok this season but it is common knowledge if you press him he can panic or resort to pulling the opponents shirt.

settembrini

Arnautovic has been impressive this season as a centre forward.

However I don't want us to buy him because we have so many other positions that need strengthening and I still believe Rashford can come good.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I honestly don't see this.
If anything, i don't think we use Lukakus aerial ability enough.
We are too slow through midfield and we focus our attack on working Young and Valencia into attacking positions which they squander time and time again. If we did play long balls we wouldn't see Sanchez lose the ball time and time again when he drops a little too deep etc.
Why do posters automatically equate long ball to defensive football? It's clearly not the case yet we have fans point it out time and time again.
I honestly don't see how you don't see it .There are have so many games where you'd see Lukaku being used to knock down headers unto the path of his teammates. How many times have we bemoaned him not winning headers in matchday threads ?

The thing with Arnautovic is that some think he is a good backup striker. For the fee we would have to pay, you would expect him to start. He isnt good enough for a top 4 team to be a starter. And he is too expensive to be a backup. I wouldnt mind him for 10m if he was in his last year of contract, but thats not the case. He will cost a nice chunk of our transfer budget and wouldnt improve our starting eleven. He wouldnt come here to sit on the bench anyway
Besides, would he ever wanna come to play as a backup anyway ? Hasn't he played his best football up top, being the main man for West Ham ? Like you said, for the money involved, he will wanna have a bigger role that maybe the club is ready give him.

James Peril

Stop using words like great and excellent to describe this inconsistent, average and sometimes flashy player. He is NOT Manchester United-material whatsoever, not now, not ever.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Good God. You know how almost every prestige player in Europe uses us to get a better contract by flirting, leaking to the press and the re-signing? This is that right?

Right?

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Good God. You know how almost every prestige player in Europe uses us to get a better contract by flirting, leaking to the press and the re-signing? This is that right?

Right?
Well. It's one thing to be taken advantage of by a player for Real Madrid, but west ham? Not that I believe in any of this but if we sign him it has to go down as the most random signing ever!

ravi2

Just don't complain in the future why Man Utd can't unearth a Salah, Firmino, Mane or Robertson. These players all played for mid table clubs before they joined Liverpool, and not Utd quality.
I wont complain about not getting Arnautovic, believe that

Mainoldo

Hopefully plan A fails then is its Mandzukic, Arnautovic can at least get away from a defender.

ti vu

A straight swap with Martial would suit everyone involved.
No really. And we're not here to suit other's benefit. It's not like we have to sell Martial. I meant if he's unhappy he needs to force his way out and the buying clubs needs to be at our mercy. Here if we want offload Martial to foreign league, then WHU can feck off.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Arnautovic has been impressive this season as a centre forward.

However I don't want us to buy him because we have so many other positions that need strengthening and I still believe Rashford can come good.
What about loans, Rashford to play striker for them for a year while we get Arnautovic for a year?

Tarrou

He'd be a nice back-up option, but how is it even possible to bring him in as a back-up? West Ham spunked 25 on him and he's done great since then, so he'd cost more than back-up money.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I have always been a fan of Arnautovic. He is very under rated but with the right players around him I think he can be a very good buy. If this deal does happen I won't be surprised to see him push Lukaku and challenge for the starting role on the team. His play reminds me a lot of a certain Swede who used to play here...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
TBF according to the Prophet Di Marzio Arnautovic is plan B to Mandzukic

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/man...khtar-red-devils-also-interested-in-mandzukic
I'd take Arnautovic all day over Mandzukic. This is the kind of signing I've always liked. Cherry picking players from EPL teams and let them build their name here. Just because one plays for Juve and the other plays for West Ham it doesn't mean the Juve player is better. I think Arnautovic will surprise a lot of people if this move does happen...

ROFLUTION

A bit sceptic about him - Don't think he's a player who can be really good without continuously playing.

Talented, but not sure he's stable enough when we need to rely on him when Lukaku's out.

He's no Chicharito / Solskjær, but usually needs a streak of games before hitting form. Has some dry-spells on him too.

dogwithabone

He’s a maverick but having seen what a certain Eric Cantona, another maverick, did here I’d never again write off this sort of signing. I think there’s value in a player like Arnautovic and anything c£35-40m is probably worth it. You know he can handle the PL and that’s at least a starting point.

Sb_16

I guess Barton was a Cantona too then. So were every half decent player with a high opinion of himself.
Opinions on him here before this was less than favourable. The manager says we lack a presence of top so he's now good for us. Jose is the Vince McMahon of football.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
A bit sceptic about him - Don't think he's a player who can be really good without continuously playing.

Talented, but not sure he's stable enough when we need to rely on him when Lukaku's out.

He's no Chicharito / Solskjær, but usually needs a streak of games before hitting form. Has some dry-spells on him too.
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both in the line up? If SAF was still here we would be playing a 4-4-2 and only go to one striker for the big away matches...

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Take a look at that list, the league's 25 top scorers. We have two players in it, Lukaku and Sanchez. Only one actually as Sanchez's goals at Arsenal are counted. Scoff at Arnautovic but he's there with 11 goals and 6 assists. Ahead of Sanchez and won't cost massive amounts of money. Also doesn't hinder youth long term as he's 29. The Perisic of this window.
We have signed another 29 year old not long ago, and the result is one of our best young players wants to leave, another best one is benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.