Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooneyLegend

looked really good when he came o, basically our best player on the pitch. proper ball winning stuff in midfield, kept the ball well and even managed to sneak in a goal. he should probably get another chance, everyone looked rubbish under moyes and it would be unfair to him to move him on because of his form last season.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm pretty sure he can deal with it to be honest. It's not like the whole stadium was booing him. He responded in the best possible way to his criticism by scoring a goal, fair play to him.

mufcwarm92

Gosh darn it you're right, your completely proportional, fun loving and laisez fair attutide has convinced me.
You say you can see the fault in it, then play it down as 'light hearted treatment' a few posts later and seem to think the whole ordeal is a good laugh.

Are you still sure you see the fault in it?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You say you can see the fault in it, then play it down as 'light hearted treatment' a few posts later and seem to think the whole ordeal is a good laugh.

Are you still sure you see the fault in it?
Yes. Because I don't live in the same black and wide world some seem to. Just because something isn't good doesn't mean it has to be a storm in a teacup.

I'm sorry but i had to.
Understandable.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Great comeback for Marouane. :lol:

Anyway as much as I criticize Fellaini as a footballer that was a poor showing by some sections of the support. Discuss certain players on the outside, rant about them on the internet and with your mates but come gameday we have to get behind the team. Feel bad for him, no-one deserves that..
Exactly my feeling and what I have been advocating on here a couple of days ago and got almost burned alive on here for doing so. The amount of shit people have been throwing at him is disproportantional and the way he has been treated by a big portion of our fans is simply disgusting. I mean, I totally get people are frustrated with him and didn't like his signing and all else that followed but the reaction he has got on here by some is way out of proportion, you'd think the guy was the worst footballer on the planet from the way some were talking about him, but it is even worse than that, nothing to do with football, but driven by pure hate. I don't think I'am using too strong words here, but some people just really hate Fellaini, can't stand his guts at all. It showcased tonight, I mean did you ever see a player of ours get such sarcastic jeers and booing ? And for what ? He was like our standout player for those 15 minutes he was allowed on the pitch and actually looked like a player that could still be of use to us. I mean if I compare that to Cleverley I'd know which one of two I'd want out first and it ain't Fellaini. And that wasn't just this match, that is a feeling I have had last season aswell, but does Cleverley receive such blind hatred from our fans, has Cleverley ever been booed or sarcastically jeered at on the pitch ? No no he hasn't because we don't do that to player we respect on here, has Anderson ever received such treatment, no he hasn't because people don't hate those players, they don't rate them and don't want them in the team, but aslong as they are there they still deserve respect and support right ? But Fellaini, hell no, people on here can't stand him, they hate him, they'd give him away for free or would even pay for him to get transferred out of the club, they hate him as much as they hated Moyes last year, and how some of them were mocking him today, reminds me of that stupid aircraft banner we saw at OT last year but maybay even worse because more people were in on it, felt like majority of the stadium was mocking him.

Loublaze

ATLien
looked really good when he came o, basically our best player on the pitch. proper ball winning stuff in midfield, kept the ball well and even managed to sneak in a goal. he should probably get another chance, everyone looked rubbish under moyes and it would be unfair to him to move him on because of his form last season.
:lol: Geez. All he did was not lose the ball. Blackett was the best player by a stretch. Flawless game. He even made the assist to Fellaini. Credit where its due and what not.

Loublaze

ATLien
I cant believe all the praise he's getting for a 15 minute cameo when he was the most fresh player on the pitch alonside Januzaj. He did ok. He's still not good enough for United and LVG will soon find out.

RooneyLegend

:lol: Geez. All he did was not lose the ball. Blackett was the best player by a stretch. Flawless game. He even made the assist to Fellaini. Credit where its due and what not.
sou you didn't see him win the ball back a number of times?

Rob Bowman

Ashley Young...

As other have said last year under Moyes there was a definitive lack of guidance. I was not sold on Fellaini, he looked out of his depth and I felt bad for him. In hindsight I think it only fair to see what LVG can do here. I mean if you would have told me Ashley Young would be a proper wing back 2 months ago I would have laughed at you.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

He did well but lets not gloss over that little cameo. The way he won the ball was basically barging into the opposition, preventing them from going further and hope they don't dribble the ball away from him. They are more like blocks than tackles. I'm not taking credit away from him for trying, but it seems like most people would rather back away when he bumps into them to avoid getting hurt in a friendly. I was very surprised he didn't have to foul anyone this time, but in a more competitive match, it could be different. Still it's always nice to see players perform well and who knows, maybe he will actually thrive in Van gaal's system.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
He actually looked like he had a role yesterday instead of meandering aimlessly around the pitch. He was breaking up their play and starting off ours, I enjoyed his cameo.

It was definitely midfield and not No. 10 too, he was up for the goal but didn't do the thing he often did last season of passing it and then running straight to the box, he stayed back generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.