Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Happy to sign him but not pleased we have had to pay more than his release clause.

We still need another midfielder but at least this is a start to solving our midfield problems.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He'll prove a lot of people wrong on here, IMO. Criminally underrated.
Aye certainly will, he'll be a great signing once he's settled in.

Should have had him here earlier though, could have used him against Pool

Phil

Whatever Pete eventually says in this thread, it's correct.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Because the fact that we didn't just pay out his buyout clause mean a) he's not our first choice and b) he didn't get to have a pre-season.
a) who cares if he wasn't first choice apart from him, and seeing as he handed in a transfer request it doesn't seem to have bothered him.

b) He's played in all of Evertons games so far this season.

Siorac

If we manage to get McCarthy deal sorted then we have played this superbly.

In terms of Fellaini i'll take a keen interest in his career at United. I'm one of the few who think he will be a success at the club, and after what he has given us he deserves it. Good luck to him.
Congratulations, Everton have done superbly in this window. You've totally fleeced us for a player worth about half what we paid for him.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
a) who cares if he wasn't first choice apart from him, and seeing as he handed in a transfer request it doesn't seem to have bothered him.

b) He's played in all of Evertons games so far this season.
And he's missed our matches vs Chelsea and Liverpool at the start of season while at the same time having less time to fit into the team as well as costing more.

Shambolic transfer dealing by us. Making the club look like amateurs. What's really sad is he isn't even anything like what we need in CM. Good player, but not top 4 quality. Peterstorey's got the right of this all the way.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Underwhelmed and Herrera only a few million more. Our 4th most expensive signing ever!

Could have gotten him cheaper and a number of weeks ago. feck knows what happened.

Time will tell, hope he proves me wrong

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Feels weird being one of the few non angry united fans right now. I'm just relieved more than anything, even if we did overpay.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is there any chance this didn't go through in time? No official confirmation has given me hope....

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
:houllier:
Well done for the club for not only paying £4.5m more than we had to but also putting a massive pressure on Fellaini thanks to an exaggerated price tag and not even giving him the time to bed in and have some pre-season with us. Letting him know that he was like 4th choice in the meantime was a good job too.

I hope he does well, he's a good player and all.
:houllier::houllier::houllier:

Siorac

If we've paid £27m for Fellaini Woodward should simply be sacked.
Yes. Right now.

At this price we can't even claim that he's an emergency signing to keep us above water until we can secure top class CMs. No, this plodder will probably be in our midfield for years so the crisis continues there.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
We've paid £4.5m more than we needed to, which could have been spent on Herrera. It's a feckup of mind boggling proportions.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Personally, I am happy to welcome him. Much rather have him, than have £27m in the bank.

I like the big guy.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The silver lining is we have at least signed a midfielder, a central midfielder, who will play in our team.

Everything else is just shite.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think Moyes had a gentleman's agreement in place when he left Everton that he would not exploit any contract loopholes. Manchester United would respect such an agreement given the long standing good relationship with Everton.

There was a quote from Everton when we made our first 'derisory' bid that accused Moyes of not abiding by 'an understanding' he had with Kenwright.

That can be the only reason why we did not exploit Fellaini's release clause. Else it makes no sense to pay more and leave the deal til the final hours of the transfer window

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I think he's had a bad rep on here but i feel he can be a useful player. Could be the kind of big bastard we need in the centre of the park to act as an enforcer type and i think his ability to pass and generally play a bit is underrated. Sure, it's been a bit of a cock up of a summer but this signing isn't nailed on to be a bag of wank. Let's see him in action before we stick the nails in his coffin.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
glad to have him - he was the one I wanted all summer

but it better not be £27m upfront or we really have fecked up - if it is over a few years then it might just be about acceptable

forevrared

If we manage to get McCarthy deal sorted then we have played this superbly.

In terms of Fellaini i'll take a keen interest in his career at United. I'm one of the few who think he will be a success at the club, and after what he has given us he deserves it. Good luck to him.

Everton were fecking brilliant tonight.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Personally, I am happy to welcome him. Much rather have him, than have £27m in the bank.

I like the big guy.
Same, he's a good signing despite what a few on here are saying.

The issue isn't signing Fellaini but the way we went about it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Care to elaborate?

Obviously people will expect more from him now and they shouldn't, he isn't a £27.5m player and will never be. He's a solid player though and if we didn't have to overpay for him he'd probably be a good signing, he gives us options and could act as a partner or cover for Carrick. It's a good signing because of player's qualities that will improve us, but a massive feck-up by Woodward and co.

Devil may care

fecking awful signing made even worse by the fee and not getting Herrara, I feel sick.

Revan

Assumptionman
Woody is a genius. There is a player who everybody here and in all other forums I visit said that we'll sign. That player had a release clause of 23.5m. What our geniuses do? Wait until the clause expires, and then sign him 5 minutes after the midnight for 28m. Fantastic.

I don't see the need of changing my feelings about this signing. A decent player who has done well in Everton but I am afraid that is his level. He'll improve us a bit this season, he'll score some of headers too. Will look a bit clueless in other games but our other midfielders (bar Carrick) look clueless all the time. An improvement on Cleverley but I think we'll go next summer in the search for a midfielder again. Pete will take the piss a lot, and in fact I think he'll be right for most of the time. I would have preferred Herrera above him every day, but that's the life.

Welcome here, I guess. Hopefully he'll do better than I think he'll do.

DFreshKing

Does he sleep in his Everton tracksuit? - It looks like we have kidnapped him straight out of bed.

Sent from my sheer desperation and horror.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Moyes is our manager. Fellani is our player. For fecks sake.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yup it's confirmed on their website.

Meanwhile it seems Ed Woodward is running our own useless website, which would explain why he's taken forever and managed to add four and a half million to a deal for Fellaini.

Seriously, I even feel a bit sorry for Fellaini. The backlash from the fans will be terrible. He's not even a poor player, but he's not what we need and the underwhelming nature of this whole transfer window will see him take the stick. Hopeless situation for him, hope he does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.