Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That's what I'm hoping - I was worried after the Liverpool and Chelsea matches that Moyes is going to favour the more defensively sound attackers which would hinder our attack. If it allows us to field something like;

Rvp​
Kagawa Rooney Nani​
Fellaini Carrick​
then I'm all for it.
If we do that then I'm fine. That is strong defensively and very good offensively. I just think there's no chance in that. Replace Nani and Kagawa with two of Valencia/Young/Welbeck/Giggs and you have our more likely options on the wings most of the time. Let's hope Moyes likes the look of Nani and actually starts fecking playing Kagawa because they are way ahead of anything else we have to offer.

sajeev

the club has doomed his signing from the very start. He is not good enough for a top club and at 27 million anyone with sense wouldn't have gone for him. Another Berbatov/Young in the making, hopefully more of the earlier rather than the later

bosnian_red

Sensible, shame some people appear to have made up their minds.

I think the reaction isn't all relative to the player himself but the other factors surrounding such a poor summer.
I'm going to be honest. I've never liked him as a player or an individual. He's always been a dirty cnut and he always bothered me. I never really rated him too highly as a midfielder either. On the other hand, I would have been okay if we got him for 20 mil or so, as cover for Carrick. One of the few positive things from this transfer is the team is not completely fecked if Carrick gets injured because now we won't have to resort to a midfield 2 of Cleverley and Anderson. 27.5 million for him though is just way too much. A midfield 2 of Carrick and Fellaini lacks creativity even more then before, and it just seems like Moyes is still stuck in his Everton ways. That is probably the most disappointing part.

sajeev

I think the reaction isn't all relative to the player himself but the other factors surrounding such a poor summer.
people have seen enough of him, so it isn't right to say that they are just forming their opinion on the is of the summer. he is not good enough and at 27 mn is doomed from the start unless he makes a dramatic turnaround

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Paid slightly over the odds but at least we've signed a midfielder.

We now actually have a viable midfield pairing for the big matches.

I think he'll end the season as a fan favourite.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
A good signing in and of itself, the context though is baffling.

Will improve the side, and that's what I'm choosing to concentrate on right now.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This forum annoys the shit out of me sometimes. Why can't all United fans be as sensible as they are in person? fecking give the guy a chance.

Heaven forbid what'll happen if we drop out of the top 3. Would be swell to see the chancers switching teams then.

Thrilled with the signing. Head and shoulders and Afro better than our other midfielders bar Carrick. Will give us true steel in the middle. Plus a goal threat from the midfield - something we've lacked for a while.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He will add some steel in our spine. He will certainly help.

But it was clear that we needed to add some guile into our team. We all assumed that Moyes had recognised this after a few matches.

The Neviller

I'll be honest and say, much like Moyes, I didn't want him here. But here he is, so we get behind him, support him and hope he proves the doubters (myself included) wrong. Nothing would please me more than being wrong, because that will mean he is a success here, and as a United supporter that's what I want.

walsh

I'll be honest and say, much like Moyes, I didn't want him here. But here he is, so we get behind him, support him and hope he proves the doubters (myself included) wrong. Nothing would please me more than being wrong, because that will mean he is a success here, and as a United supporter that's what I want.
Boooo, get your hair cut you big cnut.
:lol:

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
This forum annoys the shit out of me sometimes. Why can't all United fans be as sensible as they are in person? fecking give the guy a chance.

Heaven forbid what'll happen if we drop out of the top 3. Would be swell to see the chancers switching teams then.

Thrilled with the signing. Head and shoulders and Afro better than our other midfielders bar Carrick. Will give us true steel in the middle. Plus a goal threat from the midfield - something we've lacked for a while.
This. Pity we made ourselves look totally moronic doing it.

sajeev

he is a good signing if you are willing to adopt an inferior way of playing. he isn't good enough for a top club at 27mn is a stupid decision, which has been delayed for no good reason. people have every reason to be upset. her
i would rather we give players from the academy a chance than overpay for mediocre players, that way we are atleast following the ethos of the club

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini from Everton for an undisclosed fee.
Why are they trying to fool? Everyone knows what we paid.

Anyway, I wonder what his squad number will? 7 and 9 are free.

Baxter

Not exactly much though is it? And for the price we payed for is it much of a surprise people aren't over the moon that this is the only senior player we could get in over a whole summer transfer window?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Welcome Fellaini.

Forgetting all the shit that's gone on before, he is our player now. Hopefully he proves some of the doubters (including myself) wrong.

JmRssll555

After completing his transfer from Everton, new signing Marouane Fellaini spoke exclusively to MUTV. Here's what the Belgian had to say...
How do you feel now you’re a Manchester United player?
I’m very, very happy. It’s a big moment for me. I waited for a long time, I’ve worked hard for this and I’m very happy to join this big club, this great club. I hope to do everything for this club.

When you knew Manchester United wanted you, did you always want to come here?Of course. It’s the biggest club in the world so of course I wanted to join this club. I tried everything to join the club.

What’s today been like? It went right for the deadline…
It’s been difficult, a very long day. I waited to the end… I know the situation, but this day has been very long.

You’ve played and scored at Old Trafford, but what will it mean to run out with a red shirt on?
It’s a big stadium, a big club. I hope I can score a lot of goals for Manchester United.

What do you hope you can achieve as a Manchester United player?When I was young it was a dream to play for Manchester United. Now I’m here so I’ll try to give my best to the club. I want to win trophies. That’s the most important thing.
EDIT: Why is this formatted horribly?

roseguy64

Shambles to get him. Hopefully someone will shed some light on that this week.

Anyway, welcome to the club. He'll improve the team, gives us extra depth and some different attributes to what we have. Would have been fine with the fee being 24m and it being done earlier but what's done is done. Let's all back him and wish for him to do well for us.

bosnian_red

I genuinely don't think he'll get #7 because the club will hold some hope of Ronaldo returning in the next couple of years.
I think we were saving 7 for Herrera. Hope we still save it until January when we will hopefully go back in for him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Fellaini: This is my dream

After completing his transfer from Everton, new signing Marouane Fellaini spoke exclusively to MUTV. Here's what the Belgian had to say...
How do you feel now you’re a Manchester United player?
I’m very, very happy. It’s a big moment for me. I waited for a long time, I’ve worked hard for this and I’m very happy to join this big club, this great club. I hope to do everything for this club.

When you knew Manchester United wanted you, did you always want to come here?Of course. It’s the biggest club in the world so of course I wanted to join this club. I tried everything to join the club.
What’s today been like? It went right for the deadline…
It’s been difficult, a very long day. I waited to the end… I know the situation, but this day has been very long.
You’ve played and scored at Old Trafford, but what will it mean to run out with a red shirt on?It’s a big stadium, a big club. I hope I can score a lot of goals for Manchester United.

What do you hope you can achieve as a Manchester United player?When I was young it was a dream to play for Manchester United. Now I’m here so I’ll try to give my best to the club. I want to win trophies. That’s the most important thing.

Annahnomoss

he is a good signing if you are willing to adopt an inferior way of playing. he isn't good enough for a top club at 27mn is a stupid decision, which has been delayed for no good reason. people have every reason to be upset. her
i would rather we give players from the academy a chance than overpay for mediocre players, that way we are atleast following the ethos of the club

He is certainly overpriced but we have not played against a top-club with our most offensive line-ups for a long time(since Ronaldo left us?)

Usually we play Young/Valencia/Giggs as wingers because we prioritized defense/counter over actually dominating the game. Fellaini will be a massive improvement in these defensive line-ups compared to Cleverley and we might even be able to play Nani/Zaha in the big matches now.

The problem for us for an eternity has been that Carrick/Cleverley has been dominated by pretty much every other world-class team around. That meant we had to play defensive wingers which of course meant Rooney/RVP were lonely on top and we had little creative play.

For the easier games where we are expected to dominate I can't see Fellaini add too much to our game, but last years that isn't where we have been in need of a new player.

Status
Not open for further replies.