Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Right, off to make a 'Marouane Fellaini - 2014/15 performances' thread. :lol:

Seriously, though. Granted he was only on for about 15 minutes, I thought he looked pretty good when he come on, and I'm delighted he got a goal. Not sure what his future holds, but that goal will certainly give him a lot more confidence.

acnumber9

Pathetic from the fans, he's not a dickhead player.. just abit rubbish, no need to boo like that especially when it was a decent performance.
What is a dickhead player? He's a bit of a thug lets not forget.

saivet

I actually thought Fellaini had some good games last season. The main issue is that they came against mediocre teams and he struggled in the big games. I'd still sell him mind but he can be useful in CM against weak opposition.

Boycott

Delighted for him. Must have been painful knowing the ironic jeers. No one will take that moment away from him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If van Gaal can turn Ashley Young into a player...

JohnnyLaw

Did well, perhaps there's yet hope for old mop-head! Unless we actually manage to sign someone else for midfield would it be wise to discard him?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I don't see how he can be sold unless we more midfielders in. We are still so short of players. Cleverly can't seem to progress at all.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Great comeback for Marouane. :lol:

Anyway as much as I criticize Fellaini as a footballer that was a poor showing by some sections of the support. Discuss certain players on the outside, rant about them on the internet and with your mates but come gameday we have to get behind the team. Feel bad for him, no-one deserves that..

Anduin

Played well, if he can replicate that form in the Premier League there is no point in moving him out. He's miles better than other deadwood we have. LVG can make Ashley fecking Young look good again, so Fellaini won't be a big deal for him, right? :smirk:

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I was hoping that he wasn't getting it sarcastically, that's not on. Poor twat. Good on him though, had a really good 10 mins.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm just not so sure he can contribute much to the season... However, I feel the same regarding Cleverley and Fletcher.

Christ, our midfield remains an absolute mess.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The problem about Fellaini is that I'm sure we'd all be more than happy for him to play a squad role... but Ed went out and splashed £27m on him and I know for a fact he wouldn't be happy being way down the pecking order.
He's not the worst at all. We could just do a lot better.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
What is a dickhead player? He's a bit of a thug lets not forget.
Treated the club with disrespect, not tried at all.. walked round like he owns the place. I think he's just been out of his depth, it is a shame to boo players like that.. if they're just shit, they'll soon be out.. he's is a thug but he's never disgraced the club. Just an average player.

gregwar

Stop being a bunch of fannies. You all slagged him off to shit last season and now a pre-season crowd had a bit of pantomime fun (culminating in a huge celebration when he scored) and you're claiming to be "embarrassed" and "ashamed" by a match going crowd ...have a Horlix and a biccy and settle down.

The only people truly surprised are those naive enough to think we have "special fans" to begin with. Football crowds have all sorts and will always do stuff like that

The whole situation was hilarious, especially the goal.
spot on.

some brilliant arse seeing on here - "i'm turning my stream off in embarrassment."

:D

Kazi

Starting to believe he's actually a better option off the bench than Hernandez these days when we need a goal. More of a direct route.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He played well when he came on. Some really good touches in tight areas, and his passing was mostly spot on. His goal was a bonus. I can't say I'm a big fan of his, but I also think he deserves a proper chance under a manager who is fit to coach at this level.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The righteous indignation is almost as hilarious as his goal.

Almost.
I've always backed him up last season, I suppose that I'm right to call the crowd that jeered him bunch of fecking wankers then ?

Great. They are. And there's nothing 'hilarious' in jeering and booing your player, no matter if it's fecking Fellaini, Nani, Cleverley or Bebe.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I never jumped on the bandwagon of Fellaini hate after last season. However I also don't see his future at United long term. I've been of the opinion that he's worth keeping around for at least another season, if not for any other reason than his value can do nothing but go up from what must be at, or around, rock bottom atm.

I can't see him playing in a midfield 2 unless perhaps against as a more defensive of the 2. This would only be needed against better opposition though imo, where I wouldn't really trust him anyway after some of his shite DM performances last season. As a no.10 the only way he'll get game time is as a hoof it up to the big man in a last gasp attempt to grab a late goal. Can't see how he has a long term future here in either role, but I'd keep him here for another season to at least to boost his value.

IrishRick

Stop being a bunch of fannies. You all slagged him off to shit last season and now a pre-season crowd had a bit of pantomime fun (culminating in a huge celebration when he scored) and you're claiming to be "embarrassed" and "ashamed" by a match going crowd ...have a Horlix and a biccy and settle down.

The only people truly surprised are those naive enough to think we have "special fans" to begin with. Football crowds have all sorts and will always do stuff like that

The whole situation was hilarious, especially the goal.
I would never make fun of OUR own player at a match. It is disgraceful. What was gained out of that fun? We as fans looked spoilt because a player was signed by someone else for more money than he should have been. Thats not his fault. He tries and tonight he was actually excellent. Did all he could really. And all the while his own fans treated him with disdain. How can you not be ashamed of our fans making fun of a player in such a fashion. Criticism in a discussion is one thing to embarrass the player that way was awful

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I've always backed him up last season, I suppose that I'm right to call the crowd that jeered him bunch of fecking wankers then ?

Great. They are. And there's nothing 'hilarious' in jeering and booing your player, no matter if it's fecking Fellaini, Nani, Cleverley or Bebe.
They're just being deliberately obtuse. I don't get the point in booing or sarcastically cheering your player. Support the team. But then again I'm an OOTer so what do I know eh

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
How can you not be ashamed of our fans making fun of a player in such a fashion. Criticism in a discussion is one thing to embarrass the player that way was awful
Because I'm a fan who goes to games and knows that fans aren't a homogeonous body of upstanding representatives. Some do silly things, some take things ridiculously seriously. They're a large crowd of different people with a shared interest, who all find different things funny or appropriate. From my POV it's a meaningless pre-season game and the whole thing was rather amusing, particularly the goal. Running around like the righteous embodyment of the ultimate fan, claiming to be embarassed or ashamed by others is drama queen behaviour. Get over yourself girlfriend.

This thread is a massive drama llama ding dong.

IrishRick

Because I'm a fan who goes to games and knows that fans aren't a homogeonous body of upstanding representatives. Some do silly things, some takes things ridiculously seriously. They're a large crowd of different people with a shared interest, who all find different things funny or appropriate. From my POV it's a meaningless pre-season game and the whole thing was rather amusing, particularly the goal. Running around like the righteous embodyment of the ultimate fan, claiming to be embarassed or ashamed by others is drama queen behaviour. Get over yourself girlfriend.

This thread is a massive drama llama ding dong.
How can you not see the fault in what they did? How does that support benefit the team or the player? Or do I misunderstand the meaning of the word support. By the way I am a regular match goer too but that is neither here nor there. When I go I support the team, sing the songs and I do mock players. Those players however play for the opposition. United fans are often accused of being glory supporters and spoiled. I think those actions added fuel to that argument tonight. Its a bigger pity because our support last season was the best I have seen. It was disappointing to witness that from our fans tonight. I'm not being dramatic I am just being honest

itso 7

No way Van Gaal is getting rid of Fellaini right away before observing how he will respond to his methods. I thought he looked good in his cameo, assured and he steadied things when we were losing our heads .

Mockney

How can you not see the fault in what they did? How does that support benefit the team or the player? Or do I misunderstand the meaning of the word support. By the way I am a regular match goer too but that is neither here nor there. When I go I support the team, sing the songs and I do mock players. Those players however play for the opposition. United fans are often accused of being glory supporters and spoiled. I think those actions added fuel to that argument tonight. Its a bigger pity because our support last season was the best I have seen. It was disappointing to witness that from our fans tonight. I'm not being dramatic I am just being honest
I can see the fault, I just don't think being a drama queen about it is a proportional response.

If you honestly are actually "ashamed" or "disgusted" by the light hearted treatment of a football player in a friendly, I'd suggest you need to get out more. Perhaps buy a nerf gun or pirate hat. Live a little.

Red Phoenix Rising

Because I'm a fan who goes to games and knows that fans aren't a homogeonous body of upstanding representatives. Some do silly things, some take things ridiculously seriously. They're a large crowd of different people with a shared interest, who all find different things funny or appropriate. From my POV it's a meaningless pre-season game and the whole thing was rather amusing, particularly the goal. Running around like the righteous embodyment of the ultimate fan, claiming to be embarassed or ashamed by others is drama queen behaviour. Get over yourself girlfriend.
I agree at face value, footballers also need to take the fans at face value. Sticking the ball in the back of the net off the back of a bunch of classless cretins whinging their tits off in the stands and in the pubs is the perfect medicine.

However, being empathetic to a players plight it is somewhat disgraceful. But if you see it on the level of the fans then I can understand your mentality.

IrishRick

I can see the fault, I just don't think being a drama queen about it is a proportional response.

If you honestly are actually "ashamed" or "disgusted" by the light hearted treatment of a football player in a friendly, I'd suggest you need to get out more. Perhaps buy a nerf gun or pirate hat. Live a little.
Haha you're hilarious. If I can't feel ashamed or disgusted then I also can't feel elated when we score an important goal. I love some witty chants thats part and parcel of the game. And abusing opposition players is great fun. But I can't help feel sorry for a guy who does his best even if his best is average. We gave Anderson chance after chance and never treated him this way. Friendly or not. What exactly did Fellaini do to deserve that over Ando? Ando has more talent yet throws it away by being fat and unfit. Yet we picked on Fellaini tonight. Cleverely was brutal yet got away scot free. It's confusing. I bolded that part in my 587th post. I'm sure you will understand why if you reply with your 32,590th post. I'm funny too :-)

Mockney

I agree at face value, footballers also need to take the fans at face value. Sticking the ball in the back of the net off the back of a bunch of classless cretins whinging their tits off in the stands and in the pubs is the perfect medicine.

However, being empathetic to a players plight it is somewhat disgraceful. But if you see it on the level of the fans then I can understand your mentality.
I see it from both sides. I empathise a lot with players when certain fans whinge on endlessly about player loyalty, and treat those who leave or ask for more money like traitors or cheating lovers. That's just as ridiculous.

It's about perspective. I personally don't think a bit of ironic cheering is equatable to racism or genuine offence. And if it really does have a huge impact on Felliani, then he isn't very well suited to being a professional football player, and all the huge rewards minor inconveniences like these reap.

But this isn't actually about the player. At all in fact. It's about fans being outraged other fans don't share their view of acceptable fandom. And how that negatively affects them, and their ideas of it.

If I can't feel ashamed or disgusted then I also can't feel elated when we score an important goal.
Eh?

yamo123x

Gotta feel for Fellaini tonight that must have been hard for him . .

He was poor last year in some games and was overpriced but it was a big move and it takes time for players to adapt.
When a player puts on a utd shirt he should have our support. I was embarrassed tonight

He deserves a chance and I for one hope he gets it now

mufcwarm92

It's pathetic and embarrassing. Jeering your own player goes a little beyond 'light hearted treatment'. It has nothing to do with needing to 'get out more', it's about pointing out when a bunch of cnuts are behaving like petulent, spoilt morons.

FromTheBench

I don't think he will be sold till we bring another midfielder in.

Did well in his cameo today and changed the course of the game in midfield largely. Used his strength and size in the right way as well.

Mockney

It's pathetic and embarrassing. Jeering your own player goes a little beyond 'light hearted treatment'. It has nothing to do with needing to 'get out more', it's about pointing out when a bunch of cnuts are behaving like petulent, spoilt morons.
Gosh darn it you're right, your completely proportional, fun loving and laisez fair attutide has convinced me.

Status
Not open for further replies.