Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

justboy68

Exactly. Peoples standards have dropped significantly.

We went from being one of the top sides in Europe, with some of the best players, to regularly playing Ashley Young, Fellaini, Smalling, Blind etc.

People are ok with this as well. Completely mind boggling. If we were to play Barca or Bayern in the CL next year, they'd take 6 off of us.
Yep people are far too happy with mediocrity at the moment. The over the top praise of Ashley Young in recent weeks demonstrates that. There's no reason for us to be so far off the pace of the powerhouses of Europe, even allowing for transition and rebuilding. Not denying Ashley Young has done a pretty good job turning things around, but try and imagine him as a starter in that Barca team tonight, linking up with Messi and Suarez and Neymar and it's hard to keep a straight face. Same goes for a few others, not just to be picking on Ashley.

Sam

Exactly. Peoples standards have dropped significantly.

We went from being one of the top sides in Europe, with some of the best players, to regularly playing Ashley Young, Fellaini, Smalling, Blind etc.

People are ok with this as well. Completely mind boggling. If we were to play Barca or Bayern in the CL next year, they'd take 6 off of us.
Our transfer record, post Ronaldo, is absolutely horrendous.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He wouldn't. But then again, not many of our players would.

Far too much mediocrity at the club.
This. All four are currently better teams than us. It's not just Fellaini who won't be in the team if we get back to that level.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Come off it man. Look at the Juve v Madrid, and Bayern v Barca games.

He'd be so out of place it's unreal. We used to be a top 4/6 side in Europe under Ferguson, and now we are so far behind its unreal. That's the level we should be aiming to be at.
Ironically enough, I think Bayern could have done with a good outball like Fellaini tonight. Barca's high press pinned them back and they were forced to punt the ball upfield time and time again, instantly forfeiting possession.
You can talk about Bayern but they lost 3-0 and it should have been more, given how many chances Barca fluffed in the opening 15 minutes.

As I said, Fellaini is very much a big game player, and not every single player can be a Lionel Messi. Even the mighty Barcelona have seen the need to invest in a little bit of physicality with the likes of Rakitic and Suarez, and they are one of the greatest club sides of all time with one of the best individual players of all time. We can aim at that level all we like, but you and others need to face the fact that it simply may not happen - we had the class of '92, Barca had the class of.... '05 or whenever it was. Would I like for the footballing gods to bless us with another team like that? Sure, but in the meantime it is a ridiculous attitude to think we can simply buy that level of success over the course of a muppet summer or two.

As others have stated, very few of our players would make the Barca first eleven, and personally I think that sort of side is primarily the product of years of careful development - which our current team has not had - than simply trying to fill the team with superstars (see Di Maria and Falcao).

Pep may not want to have a Fellaini in his team, but I bet Mourinho would.

shabz

Had a great season and has got us into the top 4 contention with his performances, can still be a very useful squad player but for what we paid for him that isn't good enough. He has been sussed out in the last couple of games and LVG needs to realise this.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He wouldn't. But then again, not many of our players would.

Far too much mediocrity at the club.
I agree. If you look at Fellaini's stats, he has 6 goals and only 2 assists. That's just not good enough for an attacking player and he wouldnt get into any other top team in Europe

Loublaze

ATLien
Won't be sad to see him leave. I can't see him getting much game time next season after our transfer business is concluded, but then I said this last season. He's had a good season, but I still don't think he's what we need going forward.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
He had a mare today, a tap in shouldn't deflect from that.

matt23

Much better in the second half today. I still can't think of many top teams that carry a lump with zero technical ability, just to beat full backs to headers now and again though. Needs to be on the bench next season for me.

Bojan11

Yeah. Not his best game, but a vital goal.

Was annoyed he didn't put Young through at the end.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
just like Ashley Young, he's despised by many on here, but he's been a big asset for us.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Not a good game, but scored the winning goal which has to count for something, and as usual was a big asset on defending/attacking set pieces.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
The clear weak link among our forwards in this kind of game, or at least when we are not using him as an out ball, but my word he has come up with some crucial goals for us this season.

DevilRed

Thought he worked hard and was the physical precense we needed to pull out the win. Good to see him get the match winner too. With our strikers looking absolutely useless he got us the goal that puts us one foot back into Europe.

Glanville95

He's had decent enough games, just like Young. But it doesn't change the fact, he isn't good enough to be a first teamer next season. He has his purposes and a role in the side, but someone so technically limited and route one shouldn't be a key player for us.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I maintain that until our 'creative' players (ie Herrera, Mata and Di Maria) can actually start producing the goods on a regular basis, it is silly to complain about Fellaini's various limitations, as for me he is doing more than the aforementioned players.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
should be our forth striker or target man. We lack a lot of pace in the midfield, but there's goals in him. His goals have helped the club big time this season with various players struggling.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
should be our forth striker or target man. We lack a lot of pace in the midfield, but there's goals in him. His goals have helped the club big time this season with various players struggling.
He had good performances in midfield earlier this season, but at the moment I would agree - to be honest I think Fellaini offers more up front than any of our other strikers, on current form.

Kag

He got the winner but that was a terrible performance. Just as bad as anything he did last season.

justboy68

Deserves credit for getting a crucial winner but if we really want to advance as a team he needs to be a plan b option off the bench rather than a starter. His overall play for the most part is below what a United first choice midfielder should bring to the table. If he was a bench option he could still play an important role when we are chasing a goal and more balls are being floated in towards the end of games, rather than that being our go to tactic from the first minute.

hp88

Might have got a us a winner but I think we should be using him as plan b and bringing him on if were losing.

Devil may care

Might have got a us a winner but I think we should be using him as plan b and bringing him on if were losing.
I agree, vital goal but overall he was poor and our midfield is crying out for an athlete in his role.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Got the goal and fair play to the lad. Wasn't at his best today and in truth, ever since Jose derailed him he's not been as effective. H ewas probably the one most likely to get dropped from the midfield lineup and hopefully that goal will get him back into beast mode just in time over Arsenal's fragility.

m1y2

his goals saved him from being slated here, he was terrble today and is worse every game, he needs functional team around him and we are currently very low on confidence all of a sudden. It's weird.. Hopefully we are lining up POgba or someone who will solve our confidence isssues..

ThanksBoss26

Big goal that today. I think he will be more of a squad player next season but very useful to have around in that capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.