Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Think it'd be silly to get rid of such a unique player, who often causes the opposition a lot of problems. Not saying we should always start him next season, but I think he'll be an important player to have in the squad.
Exactly. As a "Plan B" he's great option. One of the very best. Not sure I want him starting games as part of "Plan A" but I'd be loathe to move him on, providing he's willing to muck in as a squad player (and doesn't seem like a prima donna type)

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Pretty much part of the main group of players who made it possible for us to qualify for the cl this year. Can't believe so many keep dissing him and want him out at the first opportunity given.
Same goes for Young as well. Most would probably want Fellaini and Young to be squad players only next season, despite being two of our best performers in the 2nd half of the season.

Moonred

Same goes for Young as well. Most would probably want Fellaini and Young to be squad players only next season, despite being two of our best performers in the 2nd half of the season.
I am fine with people wanting them as squad players who can be used when required provided we have better performing players available. We need depth with a variety of options. What's idiotic is plain hatred and desperation to let go of players who made significant contribution in the recent past. Young has won me over as well to a large extent in the past season and i have no problems with him staying. Fellaini on the other hand have been extremely effective in key matches throughout the season.

Sam

Because most want us to be serious title and CL challengers again in the coming years. And as well as both players did last season, we wont get close to being amongst Europe's best again with Young and Fellaini and first XI regulars. Same goes for the likes of Valencia, Jones and Blind. It might sound harsh, but its true.

Both players have earned their place in the squad, and in Young's case, a new contract. But neither are good enough to be regular starters for a team that will win the league/CL.

MDFC Manager

Can he play full time as a target striker? He's got the strength and holdup play, good short passing and good finishing with either foot. He also sticks to his tactical orders. With fast, technical and skillful players playing around him, it could work?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can he play full time as a target striker? He's got the strength and holdup play, good short passing and good finishing with either foot. He also sticks to his tactical orders. With fast, technical and skillful players playing around him, it could work?
Like in a one-off game?

Mali_Zeus

He had a great game but for some its too hard to just say it. They either joke with him or write the inevitable 'we wont be a title and CL contender with him in a side' posts.

Ridiculous.

Smores

He had a great game but for some its too hard to just say it. They either joke with him or write the inevitable 'we wont be a title and CL contender with him in a side' posts.

Ridiculous.
It's been common for quite a long time to almost excuse his efforts.

At this stage no one should be wanting to move this guy on, bringing others in to replace hin in the first 11 fine.

On a personal level though it's brilliant a player who was throughly demoralised to have a good season for club and country.

Still makes me sick all those fans who openly humiliated him at old Trafford jeering and booing

Mark_GrumpyLion

It's been common for quite a long time to almost excuse his efforts.

At this stage no one should be wanting to move this guy on, bringing others in to replace hin in the first 11 fine.

On a personal level though it's brilliant a player who was throughly demoralised to have a good season for club and country.

Still makes me sick all those fans who openly humiliated him at old Trafford jeering and booing
That is the biggest one for me. I am so impressed by how he turned himself around in one season and won us important points. I hope we won't sell him, but to say he should be the first name on the teamsheet, nah. Depends on the opposition, fitness ect.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
If he hadn't had scored that header we would not have limped into fourth the way we did. We owe him!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Is it fair to say that he's Belgium's most important player these days? I'm just looking at his international stats over the past few months and they've been really impressive to say the least.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is it fair to say that he's Belgium's most important player these days? I'm just looking at his international stats over the past few months and they've been really impressive to say the least.
I was thinking the same myself. Obviously Hazard is vastly more talented but he scores consistently for them and his presence seems to win more games.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yup, watched Belgium's last two matches, they look so much weaker without him, not to mention that they started leaking goals against France in their friendly once he went off (not solely down to him naturally as Fekir and that other winger were good substitutions but still). Yesterday they've had good delivery from de Bruyne but nobody at the end of it really, Benteke was useless.

Think he's their top scorer in qualifiers as well at the moment.

ricky-romeo

Obviously we all want to have shneirdelin and gundogan in our midfield and benzema and firminho attack but fellaini is going to be a brilliant option to have as well.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Those calling for him to play permanently, where would you place him in your lineup considering we wphave bought Memphis and will probably buy another CM and CF...

I think if we were to play to his strengths, players like Memphis will help him big time, but in our setup, with 3 midfielder, two inside forwards and a target man/ lone striker, the only choice is for him to play the #9 and that's dropping Rooney and ignoring any signing we make.. If we are to play with 4-3-3, the middle of the midfield 3 will be Carrick's position with Di Maria and Herrera flanking him, Fellaini wouldn't provide enough defensive cover, make the runs etc to play any of these positions, nor will he play out wide due to lack of pace, meaning he has to compete with at least Rooney, Wilson and possibly a new #9

The only way he'd be near the first XI is if we play a lot lower physical opponents or if we change to 2 up front and use him how England used Heskey, he'd be a nice foil for someone like Firmino

izec

If we want to use Fellaini to his strengths, we have to use him often (head, chest, crosses, long balls) or bring him on to change the game and then use this tactics. Otherwise, i dont see the use of Fellaini if we want technical, fast football. No hate, but it is like that. I know he brings balance and physical presence, but someone like Schneiderlin would do the same. I like him, but there is a massive conflict between the football style people want and Fellaini playing.

Oneunited26

I am fine with people wanting them as squad players who can be used when required provided we have better performing players available. We need depth with a variety of options. What's idiotic is plain hatred and desperation to let go of players who made significant contribution in the recent past. Young has won me over as well to a large extent in the past season and i have no problems with him staying. Fellaini on the other hand have been extremely effective in key matches throughout the season.
He is great to keep in the squad, its just when he is a starting 11 player every week, it is a problem

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Those calling for him to play permanently, where would you place him in your lineup considering we wphave bought Memphis and will probably buy another CM and CF...

I think if we were to play to his strengths, players like Memphis will help him big time, but in our setup, with 3 midfielder, two inside forwards and a target man/ lone striker, the only choice is for him to play the #9 and that's dropping Rooney and ignoring any signing we make.. If we are to play with 4-3-3, the middle of the midfield 3 will be Carrick's position with Di Maria and Herrera flanking him, Fellaini wouldn't provide enough defensive cover, make the runs etc to play any of these positions, nor will he play out wide due to lack of pace, meaning he has to compete with at least Rooney, Wilson and possibly a new #9

The only way he'd be near the first XI is if we play a lot lower physical opponents or if we change to 2 up front and use him how England used Heskey, he'd be a nice foil for someone like Firmino
he will contend for the exact same position he played and did well in this season, as one of the 2 midfielders in front of Carrick.

Bwuk

What do we make of his place in the squad now then, assuming Morgan Schneiderlin & Bastian Schweinsteiger are confirmed tomorrow?

I'd imagine the majority of games it'll be 3 from 4 of Bastian, Carrick, Morgan and Herrera. Blind will cover left back and the #6 position imo, with Fellaini being the 6th choice in midfield.

Any chance he moves up to playing as a forward?

Raptori

Special needs
What do we make of his place in the squad now then, assuming Morgan Schneiderlin & Bastian Schweinsteiger are confirmed tomorrow?

I'd imagine the majority of games it'll be 3 from 4 of Bastian, Carrick, Morgan and Herrera. Blind will cover left back and the #6 position imo, with Fellaini being the 6th choice in midfield.

Please no. We want more muppet signings instead! :D

C'est Moi Cantona

More chance he'll be on his way, although he could be handy still from the bench if he's happy with that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sooooooooo where is this lad going to play.... I think he may be sold, good option off the bench if he is happy with that

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Our lack of strikers may save him, but as a midfielder he's well down the pecking order on paper.

All of Herrera, Carrick and Schweinerlin are infinitely superior footballers.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just saw something that Stoke are interested and he's open to a move. They would pay £15M but of course, it could be some weapon spreading rumours. Dunno for sure...

Kostur

海尔的老板
We'd be incredibly stupid to get rid of him if we can afford to have him on bench and he's alright with such role. He was giving headache to all sort of teams last season, this won't change in the upcoming season.

Bwuk

Just saw something that Stoke are interested and he's open to a move. They would pay £15M but of course, it could be some weapon spreading rumours. Dunno for sure...
I'd take it and run.

Zero point keeping him as a 6th choice when Mata, AdM or Pereira could play there if needs be.

Status
Not open for further replies.