Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue always red

I can't believe people are claiming he has the passing range of Fletch and Clev!?!? I'm all for keeping him, but I will be incredibly surprised if he gets picked ahead of Fletch/Clev to partner Herrera.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
missed the match, did he play well other than scoring? where did he play for us tonight? CM?
Did okay, absolutely nothing special. Some appear to get a bit carried away with his better performances as his typical showing has been so poor for us.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Did okay, absolutely nothing special. Some appear to get a bit carried away with his better performances as his typical showing has been so poor for us.
and some wont give any credit regardless of how well he plays :wenger:

LoiusVanGaal

still, encouraging that he wasn't as crap as he has been then! if LVG can get him & Young performing he is truly a god lol

KiD MoYeS

still, encouraging that he wasn't as crap as he has been then! if LVG can get him & Young performing he is truly a god lol
Fellaini can do a job, the same way Cleverley can.

I'm of the opinion he has the wrong skill set to become anything more than a squad player here.

LoiusVanGaal

Fellaini can do a job, the same way Cleverley can.

I'm of the opinion he has the wrong skill set to become anything more than a squad player here.
well, if we end up not signing a CM he's not the worst player to have, rotation of him & Clev when Fletch/Herrera aren't both available is passable if he is on better form

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He did okay, I said that. He was hardly great.
Well 44% of people on here so far have voted him MOTM and he received the highest rating of any of our players tonight - it was only 15mins but okay is an understatement to say the least.

KiD MoYeS

Well 44% of people on here so far have voted him MOTM and he received the highest rating of any of our players tonight - it was only 15mins but okay is an understatement to say the least.
Like I said, again, people are overestimating his performance tonight due to the fact a typical Fellaini appearance has been horrific. Also many felt sympathetic because of his unfair treatment from some of the fans in Old Trafford, did you read the match thread? A lot of posters gave him a ten! :lol:

KiD MoYeS

well, if we end up not signing a CM he's not the worst player to have, rotation of him & Clev when Fletch/Herrera aren't both available is passable if he is on better form
I'd agree with passable, definitely. But that depresses me a little.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its fecking amazing that the OT crowd would make ironic cheers/boos (with every possession of the ball) at our own players!

How deeply fecking embarrassing. I felt for him despite what I think of him as a player.

Loublaze

ATLien
He did nothing but take advantage of a GK error. He didn't lose the ball. Hooray! Nothing special. Blackett was MOTM

Loublaze

ATLien
Like I said, again, people are overestimating his performance tonight due to the fact a typical Fellaini appearance has been horrific. Also many felt sympathetic because of his unfair treatment from some of the fans in Old Trafford, did you read the match thread? A lot of posters gave him a ten! :lol:
Overzealous as the fans who booed him. That's just ridic

ZDwyr

I didn't watch the game but it is IMPOSSIBLE to judge how well he actually played without watching it for yourself. The people who despise him will underrate his performance and others are probably too sympathetic because of the crowd response to him. Anyway, I hope he stays. I'm not surprised he was decent in the cameo. He isn't that bad a player. Certainly better than Anderson and Cleverley. Probably better than Fletcher at this point too.

ZDwyr

Nice to see Adnan get to him quickly too. They've become quite good friends it seems.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Not sure when it became the done thing to boo/jeer one of our own. I certainly don't want any part of that as a United fan.

First rule I learned when attending matches was we never boo our own. I've seen a couple of people learn that lesson the hard way in the ground with a smack in the face.

ottosec

Anybody noticed Rooney slapping his head in the celebration? :lol:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
interesting, you reckon he will get a chance with us under LVG?
To be honest I have no idea. I get the feeling that LVG is pretty fair and gives players a chance but then also doesnt mess around and will be up front with the players if they dont make the grade.

MaNNe-

I'm in the camp that is willing to give him one more year. He was horrible last year yes, but then again so was almost everyone else apart from DDG and Adnan. He will never be the new Paul Scholes, but if he shows what he did at Everton I think he could be a serviceable squad player. He will never live up to his price tag though, but I think most everyone knew that at the moment of his purchase. He had a good cameo yesterday and showed what he is capable of.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Honestly he didn't impressed me that much. His passing was poor. He came at a time when everyone was getting tired so he could find space and the goal was one piece of luck.

I dont agree that he gets booed. That would act as fire power for interested clubs to lower their bid

devilish

Not sure when it became the done thing to boo/jeer one of our own. I certainly don't want any part of that as a United fan.

First rule I learned when attending matches was we never boo our own. I've seen a couple of people learn that lesson the hard way in the ground with a smack in the face.
acting violently is stupid.

JackXX

He did well when he came on and won the game with a trademark chest control. I was against us ever signing him but he's here now. I hope he can improve and become a good squad player for us. I didn't like the jeers from the crowd it was so cringe. Probably the same idiots who were wearing Fellaini wigs last season singing come on David Moyes.

devilish

He did well when he came on and won the game with a trademark chest control. I was against us ever signing him but he's here now. I hope he can improve and become a good squad player for us. I didn't like the jeers from the crowd it was so cringe. Probably the same idiots who were wearing Fellaini wigs last season singing come on David Moyes.
He had all time in the world to score. FFS the defender knocked the goalkeeper out.

He's probably squad player standard however

a) we've got too many of those in CM
b) no one keeps a 27m rated midfielder (with probably a huge salary) as a reserve

ManUArfa

Herera was fantastic today but I think all of our midfielders are benefiting from the safety net of three CBs. There's much more mobility and they are able to contribute more to the attacks.

Would love to be seeing Fellaini coming on and wreaking some havoc when the tika takas fail to break teams down. He offers a potent weapon and should not be sold IMO.

badkins

Chuffed for him, well deserved goal.
It's nor fair he gets so much critisizm just because he's an icon of David fecking Moyes era.

People would be more comprehensible if Moyes paid 15m for him - well, he didn't, not his fault we got a clueless manager back then.
Then he was injured for quite a bit and our whole team was struggling, so it was very hard for Fellaini to get into it.
Basically everyone (bar DDG & Januzaj) underperformed, but somehow it was Fellaini who became our new scapegoat.

He's not a bad player and would do some decent job for many Premier League teams.
I still think he's not RIGHT player for us, as he offer many different qualities, but maybe Van Gaal can squeeze something out of him.

Last edited:

Nogbadthebad

Not convinced hes what we really need, but he is nowhere near as bad a player as some make him out to be, and he did alright when he came on last night. More bite than Cleverley for one.

He also didnt choose the pricetag.

I'd rather see him as a squad player this season, because we are likely to get a packet of crisps and an empty packet of Toffos for him after last season anyway, nothing to lose by giving him a go.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Much as I am not a fan, he came on and spread the ball around nicely and got himself a goal. Can't ask for much more.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
there is a fine line between criticizing a player/ team/ manger and supporting them during the game.
These two should never be mixed.
I'd say the lines are pretty obvious. The key rule is don't go to the match and take the p*ss out of a player from your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.