5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DenisIrwin

He really hasn't had a good season so far - and it's almost over. According to whoscored he's been our 15th best player overall. Not good enough. A hell of a lot better than that wimp Carrick though.

Sylar

He's here, he's being selected and he's playing well when in form. Nothing more to be said really.
What does "when in form" mean? He played well against West Ham, and was poor yesterday. Form would dictate he follows on from his WH game and does well yesterday. But he didnt. Hes just that type of player.

Its no coincidence weve done better when hes not in the team compared to when he is.
Even our football has been better when he hasnt been in the team compared to when he has.

Sometimes its not his fault given our players laziness of just hitting hopeless balls to him, but sometimes it is cos of his lack of ability.

Mike09

Ok, if it makes you both feel any better. He had a decent game against West Ham. My original point still stands.

The reason i spoke of him and not the other 70% of our squad as you rightly say aren't good enough for the club, is because this is the Fellaini thread.
So? The point is your comment was snidey. Why don't you say the same thing to Rashford, Rooney, Smalling, Blind and De Gea "decent performance against Championship side". Why do you need to mention championship side to give a praise on player?
What about WHU game? WHU isn't a championship side and you didn't give him a proper credit but you changed the topic to him being not good enough and the fact is not only him that is not good enough for United in our current squad. Even now your comment is still snidey. " if it makes you both feel any better".

M Bison

Supports
York City
So? The point is your comment was snidey. Why don't you say the same thing to Rashford, Rooney, Smalling, Blind and De Gea "decent performance against Championship side". Why do you need to mention championship side to give a praise on player?
What about WHU game? WHU isn't a championship side and you didn't give him a proper credit but you changed the topic to him being not good enough and the fact is not only him that is not good enough for United in our current squad. Even now your comment is still snidey. " if it makes you both feel any better".
My comment isn't "snidey", he did have a good game against a championship level side and in my view that's his level hence why I used that point in my original post.

You're hammering the point about him also playing well against WHU which I have agreed with you on.

I maintain he isn't good enough to play for us, I can't work out or whether you're disagreeing with me on this or not.

You're reading too much into my comment and splitting hairs.

Mike09

My comment isn't "snidey", he did have a good game against a championship level side and in my view that's his level hence why I used that point in my original post.

You're hammering the point about him also playing well against WHU which I have agreed with you on.

I maintain he isn't good enough to play for us, I can't work out or whether you're disagreeing with me on this or not.

You're reading too much into my comment and splitting hairs.
First you called it decent and now it's good. You need to make up your mind mate!!
Like I said before do you need to add " Championship" to praise someone? Why didn't you do the same thing to other players as well in their thread?

Nope, I'm just saying you are changing the topic right away when @Walters_19_MuFc mentioned the WHU game. You didn't give him a proper credit when he talked about his performance vs WHU and instead you changed the topic to being not good enough.
Yeah true I am reading too much snidey comments of yours.

M Bison

Supports
York City
First you called it decent and now it's good. You need to make up your mind mate!!
Like I said before do you need to add " Championship" to praise someone? Why didn't you do the same thing to other players as well in their thread?

Nope, I'm just saying you are changing the topic right away when @Walters_19_MuFc mentioned the WHU game. You didn't give him a proper credit when he talked about his performance vs WHU and instead you changed the topic to being not good enough.
Yeah true I am reading too much snidey comments of yours.
Let's just leave it at that. This discussion is dull and you're just repeating the same thing whilst splitting more and more hairs in the process.

Mike09

Let's just leave it at that. This discussion is dull and you're just repeating the same thing whilst splitting more and more hairs in the process.
I am repeating them because you just don't get with the fact how snidey your comments are.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
There is no correlation to one single player and the league position of the club, stature of the club, general fictional target benchmark of the club. It was an empty and pointless claim and you're trying to continue to peddle it. It means absolutely nothing what sides he could or might play for in the future.

He's here, he's being selected and he's playing well when in form. Nothing more to be said really.
Are you having trouble reading my posts?

Fellaini isn't the reason for our decline, but the fact that he's anywhere close to a United XI is simply quite symptomatic to our current position. It's not hard to comprehend what I'm writing, is it? Because you're arguing against no-one.

And Fellaini's been largely shit, bar a decent spell in Van Gaal's second season. It's not his fault, but he should really not be anywhere near a side of our ambitions (winning titles regularly).

DenisIrwin

Fellaini isn't the reason for our decline, but the fact that he's anywhere close to a United XI is simply quite symptomatic to our current position. It's not hard to comprehend what I'm writing, is it? Because you're arguing against no-one.

And Fellaini's been largely shit, bar a decent spell in Van Gaal's second season. It's not his fault, but he should really not be anywhere near a side of our ambitions (winning titles regularly).
I think Belgium (ranked 2nd team in the world) want him in their team don't they? I think you're being silly.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I think Belgium (ranked 2nd team in the world) want him in their team don't they? I think you're being silly.
Answer me this: Will a side playing Marouane Fellaini in midfield consistently ever get close to winning a league title in a big league?

We both know the answer to that.

iKeano

For all his deficiencies at least he has a pair of bollocks unlike the vast majority of the spineless feckers.
I disagree... He has a "pair of bollocks" when its cynical and snide. He'll snekily elbow a player off guard, but when the chips are down and other players need back up in a fracas - which has happened a few times this season - he's nowhere to be seen... Just like the rest of the senior players.

Perrick Dubois

I am having trouble comprehending since you seem to be all over the place and you've not really got a clue what you're arguing about anymore. We get it, you don't think he's good enough but there isn't much moaning relentlessly is going to do come match-day. If the gaff picks the team and Fellaini is in it for whatever reason then there is not much you can do to stop that.

Continually coming up with half baked theories to do with players stature and worth to the team and trying to relate that to overall league position and hypothetical benchmarks for a league winning season is a pointless exercise. As is continuing to waste your breath talking about it as though it is some sage wisdom that you need to inform everyone of.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's been fantastic. Always looks better when further forward and not in a midfield of two but today there isn't any of his usual sloppiness on the ball.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Definitely think he's a more useful player than Schneiderlin in a midfield three with another attacking midfielder (Rooney/Herrera).

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Has been excellent on the ball so far. Far better than Rooney. Nothing much said about that though.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Haven't always been his biggest fan, but gotta give credit where it's due. Great performance from Fellaini today. No doubt about it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Absolutely immense today. Should have had two goals. Incredible block to stop Lukaku. Well played Fellaini. Well fecking played.

Status
Not open for further replies.