Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Brainlessly got banned when for one of the first times ever in his United career we could have done with him starting.

It's quite incredibe how dumb we are as a team. I can imagine collectively we have one of the lowest IQs in the league.

The United

West Ham wouldn't cause Barcelona any threat whatsoever. They wouldn't get corners and free kicks in daft positions we gave them.

Fellaini would of been sent off in a game like tonight's.
Well they can dive and still will get some free kicks. It is not like Barca never gives any free kicks.

Ludens the Red

Brainlessly got banned when for one of the first times ever in his United career we could have done with him starting.

It's quite incredibe how dumb we are as a team
. I can imagine collectively we have one of the lowest IQs in the league.
It really is, like the giving away free kicks tonight, Herrera and Valencia the main culprits. You know Mike Dean is going to be ready to blow for fouls, stay on your feet and don't dive in, yet they proceeded to do that every single time.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just want to put it out there that Fellaini isn't just in the team because of defending set pieces. Yes, that's one of his attributes, but his aggression, ability to get from box to box, taking up of positions to help us beat the press are all attributes that are underrated, and we see the difference when he doesn't play.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Just want to put it out there that Fellaini isn't just in the team because of defending set pieces. Yes, that's one of his attributes, but his aggression, ability to get from box to box, taking up of positions to help us beat the press are all attributes that are underrated, and we see the difference when he doesn't play.
I agree, but the only reason I bumped this thread (given he didnt play tonight) was to highlight that - not for the first time this season - we have looked incredibly vulnerable on set pieces and aerial balls into our box without Fellaini there.

Walters_19_MuFc

I agree, but the only reason I bumped this thread (given he didnt play tonight) was to highlight that - not for the first time this season - we have looked incredibly vulnerable on set pieces and aerial balls into our box without Fellaini there.
Oh yeah, I agree. Post wasn't for you, it was just to point out to people that there's more to him than just his aerial presence. Of course that is a major attribute, though, and had he played tonight, I have no doubt he would have cut out a lot of those crosses. I just feel some people under-appreciate his other attributes, which has been key to us playing so well in recent weeks, in my opinion.

ZDwyr

Oh yeah, I agree. Post wasn't for you, it was just to point out to people that there's more to him than just his aerial presence. Of course that is a major attribute, though, and had he played tonight, I have no doubt he would have cut out a lot of those crosses. I just feel some people under-appreciate his other attributes, which has been key to us playing so well in recent weeks, in my opinion.
They drastically underrate them. For all the shit he cops he consistently delivers the same, if not better, performances than Herrera and Schneiderlin. Also, a lot of talk about the character of the players after the performance and the video on the bus, well Fellaini is one of the few members of the squad who actually has some character.

Walters_19_MuFc

They drastically underrate them. For all the shit he cops he consistently delivers the same, if not better, performances than Herrera and Schneiderlin. Also, a lot of talk about the character of the players after the performance and the video on the bus, well Fellaini is one of the few members of the squad who actually has some character.
Yep. Noble was out there all fecking game going in hard on our players, and we just watched.

Sylar

He certainly wouldnt have cowered away from the aggressive side especially with WH going into us really early. He was banned from this game cos of his own doing though.

Steven Seagull

Yep. Noble was out there all fecking game going in hard on our players, and we just watched.
No we didn't. We kept kicking them back in stupid areas. It's where 2 goals and a host of other near misses came from.

This happened earlier in the season in a game Fellaini missed and we conceded from a set piece. And people said we need Fellaini so much for these set pieces, despite him conceding the most fouls in the squad and causing these set pieces. It's like a merry go round of total shitness with this team

Walters_19_MuFc

No we didn't. We kept kicking them back in stupid areas. It's where 2 goals and a host of other near misses came from.

This happened earlier in the season in a game Fellaini missed and we conceded from a set piece. And people said we need Fellaini so much for these set pieces, despite him conceding the most fouls in the squad and causing these set pieces. It's like a merry go round of total shitness with this team
Noble's tackles were hard and fair. Ours were soft and pointless.

Lowkey

He most likely would have got sent off in that game yesterday but atleast he would have shown some heart and fight in that midfield battle yesterday.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Is his ban carried over into the FA Cup final now? If the Bournemouth game isn't rearranged before then?

El Zoido

You'd imagine we could get dispensation for him to play in the final if the rearranged match isn't scheduled until after. I'd be incredibly harsh for him to miss a cup final because of this. That said, I'm certain the game will be replayed this week anyway.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't want to see him in the final but I take solace in the fact that it will probably be his last game for United. Let the good times roll!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And suddenly the many knock on factors come into play!

Yes he'd be out if w don't get this game arranged. He'll be fretting. I think there'd be an outrage amongst other fans if he was "let off" and suspended for the other game. It's 3 matches in a row. If anything like today happens, that's hard luck surely is the rule.

Walters_19_MuFc

Am I the only one who doesnt give a toss if he plays in the final or not?
You won't be the only one, no, but considering he was arguably our best player in the quarter and semi final, then I fail to see your reasoning behind not giving 'a toss' if he doesn't play.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Am I the only one who doesnt give a toss if he plays in the final or not?
No. Especially after the idiot got himself banned for the West Ham game, a rare game where we actually needed him! Now I hope he never plays for us again.

dichinero

You won't be the only one, no, but considering he was arguably our best player in the quarter and semi final, then I fail to see your reasoning behind not giving 'a toss' if he doesn't play.
He was arguably not the best player. Stop it!

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not a United player for me but has more heart in him than some of the so called darlings in our team! Won't be gutted to see him on our bench next year rather than sold. There a few before him needing replaced first.

izec

How some dont want him in the final is beyond me. I am not a Fellaini fan, far from it, but he is the only midfielder to put in a real shift and is useful in various roles. Good that the plays, the performances the last few weeks of some of our players were shameful.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How some dont want him in the final is beyond me. I am not a Fellaini fan, far from it, but he is the only midfielder to put in a real shift and is useful in various roles. Good that the plays, the performances the last few weeks of some of our players were shameful.
Exactly, for now he does a job no one else in the team can.

Imagine the difference he could have made at West Ham when every single ball into the box caused us huge issues

worldinmotion66

I'm pleased he's available for the final, I think he deserves to play given how he has quietened a lot of the moaners recently. Good on him!

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Now confirmed that the game will now be played on 17th May.
Good, I'm pleased he can play. And I never thought I would say that as I am not a huge Fellaini fan but the form of pretty much all of our other midfielders means we need him fit.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good, I'm pleased he can play. And I never thought I would say that as I am not a huge Fellaini fan but the form of pretty much all of our other midfielders means we need him fit.
Our midfielders aren't in great form, but even if they were, Fellaini brings something completely different to all of them.

Man Utd 2:1 Crystal Palace

Lowkey

Was very good today. Surprised no one has mentioned him yet. Finished the season very well apart from the ban. We would have had champions league football if we had him available against West Ham. Well done Fellaini

Ace of Spades

Was very good today. Surprised no one has mentioned him yet. Finished the season very well apart from the ban. We would have had champions league football if we had him available against West Ham. Well done Fellaini
He was not, missed easy chances and did not have much of an impact overall. He was average. His performance in the semi was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.