Cina

With the Schneidermidfield brought in for dough
LVG must now be the know
that from the first eleven we must let him go
Or when we hear he's benching them for the big Fro
We'll need to cut our ears off like van Gogh
that's the worst thing ever written.

Bwuk

I missed the game as I was sleeping (had work and not going to get up in the middle of the night for a friendly), did he feature?

Drifter

American
No. Commentator seemed to suggest that there as been a problem between him and Van Gaal.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Which would be stupid to imply. Van Gaal has already said e won't be using Felllaini on tour because he'll miss the first few games of the season and he needs to focus on the player he'll be using in those games.
Yeah, although it would seem odd if Fellaini doesnt feature at all on the tour - effectively missing preseason - when Van Gaal is so big on players getting their "match rhythm"

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Which would be stupid to imply. Van Gaal has already said e won't be using Felllaini on tour because he'll miss the first few games of the season and he needs to focus on the player he'll be using in those games.
But Fellaini is eligible for the CL qualification matches, so that's a bit strange.

worldinmotion66

We've almost got too many players out on tour, De Gea, Goss and Fellaini are yet to feature and we've used 24 players already

I think Fellaini will get some preseason game time, but only from the bench. I'm expecting Van Gaal to use him in this capacity next season anyway so he doesn't need full match fitness really. Can't help but feel he'll be sold if anyone shows any interest in him.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Ah. Good point. His complete omission so far is a little strange then.
Perhaps, pass and move not being his strong point, he's going to be shown the door?

We're certainly packed in CM:

Schmidfield
Carrick
Herrera
Blind

And AM:

Mata
Di Maria
Januzaj
Pereira
Rooney

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Perhaps, pass and move not being his strong point, he's going to be shown the door?

We're certainly packed in CM:

Schmidfield
Carrick
Herrera
Blind

And AM:

Mata
Di Maria
Januzaj
Pereira
Rooney
The thing is, he offers something a bit different to all of them. As a squad player I think he would be really useful to hold onto. Not many players in the league can have such a big impact coming off the bench. Depends on whether or not his salary/expectations make that an option though.

Glanville95

Have to wonder what system van Gaal will deploy this season, as it could have huge ramifications on Fellaini's game time. If we play the 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 like we have in pre-season so far, he'll leave feature as part of the midfield duo and his limitations as a #10 are exacerbated in that system also. I didn't watch the game yesterday, but it sounds like Pereira made that position his own and it wouldn't surprised me if he moved ahead of Fellaini in the pecking order.

If it's the most advanced midfielder as part of a three I think Fellaini's chances improve though. He's done himself no favours with that red card against Hull though. Missing the first three PL games, and most likely the Champions League qualifiers due his lack of match rhythm. I think he'll really have to hide his time to get an extended run in the side or even pick up his first start of the season, injuries permitting.

Roboc7

Right decision not to play him, he isn't part of the starting eleven and is banned for the first three games so game time should go to other players. He will still get games next season but that stupid tackle at hull could mean him missing a lot of games if other players start well.

Walters_19_MuFc

Van Gaal does make some strange decisions, at times. Yes, he may not be able to play the first three league games, but like others have mentioned, we will have CL games in between that, where Fellaini could possibly be used. I personally hope its all to do with that reason and nothing else, because he offers something completely different to any of our current players.

Robbie Boy

Slightly odd if he gets no minutes whatsoever. He will still be here next season and has a role to play.

ZDwyr

He will probably come off the bench in one of the next few matches. I expect him to play for the U/21s to get his fitness base built up when the season starts though. That red card could really cost him, a good pre-season probbaly would have kept him his spot in the XI.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
My man big Fellaini! New he'd come good since the day we signed him. Think this season will be even better for him. The pressure is of him and he can just do what he does best: come on when we need some physical play.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
My man big Fellaini! New he'd come good since the day we signed him. Think this season will be even better for him. The pressure is of him and he can just do what he does best: come on when we need some physical play.
Hope you posted this from your phone. :angel:

Walters_19_MuFc

He will probably come off the bench in one of the next few matches. I expect him to play for the U/21s to get his fitness base built up when the season starts though. That red card could really cost him, a good pre-season probbaly would have kept him his spot in the XI.
Ye a bit pissed that he got that red card now. Apart from that, he had a really good end to the season, and it would have been hard for Van Gaal not to include in the first XI.

Still a strange decision not to play him at all so far, though, especially with him being available for CL games. Can really see him bossing it in the CL.

Walters_19_MuFc

Considering this is his first bit of pre season action, I thought he did well when he come on today. Looked calm on the ball, kept the ball and got stuck in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Considering this is his first bit of pre season action, I thought he did well when he come on today. Looked calm on the ball, kept the ball and got stuck in.
Yep. Great to have an option like him as a squad player as he's quite versatile in terms of playing in attacking positions. People on here are very quick to just jump to selling players if they aren't starting players, but there is a spot for someone like fellaini as a squad player. It's a long season so he'll get his chances.

ZDwyr

He was pretty solid for his first match. Definitely can contribute this season as hard as that is for people to accept.

fallengt

Feel like we're gonna end up hoof ball to him all day long in the 2nd half of the season. Again.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Feel like we're gonna end up hoof ball to him all day long in the 2nd half of the season. Again.
Exactly what will happen. And much before the second half the season. I can see it happening in the second half of a lot of games in the first half too.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Exactly what will happen. And much before the second half the season. I can see it happening in the second half of a lot of games in the first half too.
This hoofball thing with Fellaini is this weird urban myth. I dont know if you lot actually watch whats going on when he is playing. Most of the passes he makes and he receives are on the deck. Sure he is able to compete for aerial balls from the keeper etc but maybe people have the impression he is used for hoofball because he competes so often for those balls. Next game he plays my suggestion to all of you who think he is used to enable hoofball is to sit down with a pen and paper and make a note of how often he receives aerial balls and how often he receives to his feet. You all might get a rude surprise. Honestly I don wonder if people actually watch games properly and I also think there is a fair bit of confirmation bias kicking in.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
This hoofball thing with Fellaini is this weird urban myth. I dont know if you lot actually watch whats going on when he is playing. Most of the passes he makes and he receives are on the deck. Sure he is able to compete for aerial balls from the keeper etc but maybe people have the impression he is used for hoofball because he competes so often for those balls. Next game he plays my suggestion to all of you who think he is used to enable hoofball is to sit down with a pen and paper and make a note of how often he receives aerial balls and how often he receives to his feet. You all might get a rude surprise. Honestly I don wonder if people actually watch games properly and I also think there is a fair bit of confirmation bias kicking in.
You need to re-watch the end of games last season where we were doing exactly that before calling me as someone who is 'following urban myths' or confirming to biases.

It was very much a reality last season. May be its you who needs to watch games carefully.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
You need to re-watch the end of games last season where we were doing exactly that before calling me as someone who is 'following urban myths' or confirming to biases.

It was very much a reality last season. May be its you who needs to watch games carefully.[/QUOTE
Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree. I was watching and counting passes with Fellaini last season when all this hoofball thing was the favourite myth repeated on here. Its why I made the comment here. I think you are completely wrong, next game he plays do the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.