Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Fellaini is decent and useful to have in the squad and is playing because we lack a better option.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Fellaini and Lingard are fantastic squad options to have.

The problems begin when these types of players cease being squad options and become bonafide first team starters.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
No he is not. He misses more than he gets. Not slating him but lets not overreact with statements like that
This isn't true. I can't remember him missing many chances this season. Pogba and Herrera have missed far more than him.

Nanotron

This isn't true. I can't remember him missing many chances this season. Pogba and Herrera have missed far more than him.
I can remember a few headers the man has put off target. From my drug ruined memory albeit but to say he is actually quite good is wrong. He is not, he gets a few true, maybe more than the two you have mentioned but they wereng exactly banging them in so its not a high bar ti be basing it off.

Coming in at the back post with no one on him, he has scored a few like that. What about all the other chances for a man of his height and apparant header quality? I think he should have been banging a lot more in especially as our style of play should in theory be well suited to his strengths.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I can remember a few headers the man has put off target. From my drug ruined memory albeit but to say he is actually quite good is wrong. He is not, he gets a few true, maybe more than the two you have mentioned but they wereng exactly banging them in so its not a high bar ti be basing it off.

Coming in at the back post with no one on him, he has scored a few like that. What about all the other chances for a man of his height and apparant header quality? I think he should have been banging a lot more in especially as our style of play should in theory be well suited to his strengths.
I'm sure someone can post that stats, but, in my opinion, he hasn't had a bucket load of chances, this season and therefore, hasn't missed too many. Regardless, he's scored probably the two most important goals in our season - the extremely vital goal against Hull in the LC and now the winner in the EL semi final.

led_scholes

Thinking of the past, knowing the players we got in the past, making a team out of these players...do you think that any of the players in the present team would have got a place in that team. Probably ...De Gea...and that's it.
Herrera and (current) Pogba for sure in the 2010-2013 period and back in 2005. We were so thin that we were playing regularly O'Shea, Gibson and Cleverley.

Nanotron

I'm sure someone can post that stats, but, in my opinion, he hasn't had a bucket load of chances, this season and therefore, hasn't missed too many. Regardless, he's scored probably the two most important goals in our season - the extremely vital goal against Hull in the LC and now the winner in the EL semi final.
Yeah, no one can say otherwise, he scored at the vital times in fairness to him.

stevoc

Partly because we won 3-1 in the first game. His 94th-minute goal in the first game was very important.
It wasn't really though was it?

We already had the 1st leg won, ok 2-1 isn't the best score to take away but it's not like Brugge were ever likely to cause us too many problems. As was the case when we beat them handily 4-0 on their own ground.

I have no problem giving Fellaini credit for scoring an important goal. He's scored 3 in 3 semi finals now in a year which is great, fair play to him. But there's just no real need to overstate the importance of some of his other goals either.

Kag

Fellaini and Lingard are fantastic squad options to have.

The problems begin when these types of players cease being squad options and become bonafide first team starters.
This is the crux of it. They're currently starting huge games for us and they're not good enough long term. I don't even think they're good enough short term, in truth.

KN5

No he is not. He misses more than he gets. Not slating him but lets not overreact with statements like that
I mean if you want an overreaction then you've given a perfect one, he gets little chances in the box, he takes a fair few, it's what he's good at and sure he's not going to have a crazy 60% success rate but he scores enough for the amount of chances he gets on his head, infact the chances aren't even all that easy sometimes. The one against Celta he just about snuck through. So don't talk about overreaction if hypocrisy isn't your thing.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
This guy only seems to get 'MOTM' when we play like shit. What did he do besides score? Celta Vigo walked through our midfield at will

prath92

Thats not though. Even ibra misses many more than he gets. Would that mean he isnt a good finisher? There are hardly many footballers who finish most chances they get

Nanotron

Thats not though. Even ibra misses many more than he gets. Would that mean he isnt a good finisher? There are hardly many footballers who finish most chances they get
I mean if you want an overreaction then you've given a perfect one, he gets little chances in the box, he takes a fair few, it's what he's good at and sure he's not going to have a crazy 60% success rate but he scores enough for the amount of chances he gets on his head, infact the chances aren't even all that easy sometimes. The one against Celta he just about snuck through. So don't talk about overreaction if hypocrisy isn't your thing.
Ah the old hypocrisy insult, been called worse so ill take it.

Seriously though, theres no hypocrisy here. Did you expect him to score said chances? Considering he is immemse in the box id assume your answer is yes. Because if it is you would be expecting more goals from him. If not then why are you classing him as being great (to paraphrase slightly)?

As for getting enough chances, surely someone great in the box would be positioning, anticipating and moving to get on the end of chances. No!?

I am saying he is not great in the box and that statement saying that he was, was an overreaction.

Im not going to dig around for stats but anyone who thinks he is great in the box doesnt have a very high bar for that attribute. Just my opinion

KN5

Ah the old hypocrisy insult, been called worse so ill take it.

Seriously though, theres no hypocrisy here. Did you expect him to score said chances? Considering he is immemse in the box id assume your answer is yes. Because if it is you would be expecting more goals from him. If not then why are you classing him as being great (to paraphrase slightly)?

As for getting enough chances, surely someone great in the box would be positioning, anticipating and moving to get on the end of chances. No!?

I am saying he is not great in the box and that statement saying that he was, was an overreaction.

Im not going to dig around for stats but anyone who thinks he is great in the box doesnt have a very high bar for that attribute. Just my opinion
I'm not expecting him to do more in the box at all, I think for the amount he's in there he does fine, for some odd reason Mourinho plays him deeper, I personally feel he should be in the box more but I feel Jose has told him to play deeper.

Kamprad

I think Mourinho play him to take pressure of all the other players. Eveyone knows who will be blamed if we lose.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doesn't fit at the club where ethos is attack attack attack (unless this includes fighting) but has been very valuable this season. Not disappointed if he is a squad player for certain games he has more than merited this.

AN17

The clumsiness and stupidity takes away any sort of redeeming quality that he has. He is seen as a decent back up only because of the terrible times we have been in for the past 3-4 years. We tell ourselves we can't do any better atm and decides to suffer the likes of him untill the glory days return. When infact, replacing the likes of him would take us long way in that direction.

DocRockter

Two goals conceded from set-pieces.. Somehow I think we missed some height and defensive cover in the middle of our box today...

stevoc

Two goals conceded from set-pieces.. Somehow I think we missed some height and defensive cover in the middle of our box today...
Maybe though we've conceded headers from crosses in other games recently where Fellaini did play.

We had 4 centre backs on the pitch today, we really shouldn't have had much problems with headers.

iKeano

Trabzonspor allegedly in talks with him... 5th in the Turkish League.

Ban

Yeah another blessing in disguise this one.
It's not that he has been helpful this season or we would play Carrick if he misses the final.

kundalini

Not too bad in the first half then appeared to give up in the 2nd half, simply couldn't be bothered to get back to defend.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
we would play Carrick if he misses the final.
A man who can pick out a pass and has an actual understanding of the game? Not a bad alternative, even in his current condition.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What about him defensively nowadays?
About the same as Fellaini, if we're talking about the defending phase - Fellaini is usually caught out of position or doesn't even bother to track back.
Carrick lacks the energy to press the opposition like Fellaini does consistently, I'll give him that. It's not very effective though (although it's as much on him as it is on Mourinho, kamikadze-pressing rarely works if it's not a team tactic)

Status
Not open for further replies.