Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

finneh

Would be nice to get rid of both for c. £30m. Insert a buy back clause in Januzaj's contract just in case.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Yeah I knew Moyes was going to try and get Fellaini. I think Jose was happy to keep him if no offers came in but it sounds like Moyes really wants him so a good offer should come in for him. It's best for both United and Fellaini to part ways, I don't see him getting many games under Jose.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think Fellaini will stay, and I hope he does. He is alot better then the stick he gets from our fans at times. I think Mourinho will get the best out of him and even up until now has contributed more to the club than Herrera, Schneiderlin and Bastian have.

NK86

He'll be here September 2nd.

Jose has much worse midfielders to get rid off before him, and United dont need the money to worry about resale value.
He is in the last year of his contract. Do you want us to give him an extension because not trying to recoup anything would be stupid. I agree he is not the worst but he is not a starter. Maybe sell him at a decent price and get a good, young replacement would be perfect.

NK86

I think he will earn himself a new contract this year.
If he does, then he would have performed well above the levels he has done the last three years. Not too sure of that to be honest.

Devil may care

He'll be 29 in a few months, giving him a new deal would be ridiculous, this is the best window to make some money back on a bang average mistake buy.

Shark

@NotShark
I think Fellaini will stay, and I hope he does. He is alot better then the stick he gets from our fans at times. I think Mourinho will get the best out of him and even up until now has contributed more to the club than Herrera, Schneiderlin and Bastian have.
He has, but most on here don't want to see it.

AgentP

Agree mate. He is the least of our problems. He is a good squad player to have.

Ephrem

He wont leave . Its damn sure and he will be an important player here . But once Pogba is here I dont really think we need Fellaini anymore

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Fellaini will stay because there is no way that Sunderland will be able to afford his salary.

legball

I am happy for him to stay, he has done much more than Herrera and Schneiderlin, and I think he won't mind being a squad player, a very good option to have.

prath92

Fellaini will stay because there is no way that Sunderland will be able to afford his salary.
How is that possible when Boro can afford valdes and negredo both of whom are probably on higher salaries?

gza the genius

He's a good option to have when we decide our only way to change the game is to lump the ball forward. He's had a few decent games but overall his only real meaningful contributions come when we revert to playing a very specific and ugly style of football. He has his uses but I'd rather we didn't revert to that style of play and with Fellaini playing we almost always do.

I really hope he goes.

Sir A1ex

How is that possible when Boro can afford valdes and negredo both of whom are probably on higher salaries?
Why would Valdes be on higher salary? We picked him up after he'd been training with us for free, hardly red-hot property. Fellaini was our big signing of the summer when we got him, he must be on decent money.

prath92

Why would Valdes be on higher salary? We picked him up after he'd been training with us for free, hardly red-hot property. Fellaini was our big signing of the summer when we got him, he must be on decent money.
Valdes was on higher wages here. Afaik Fellaini is on 90k and valdes was on 100k. Quite a few clubs wanted valdes on loan but he was rejecting all of them due to them not willing to pay him the same wages.

devilish

Boro are the sort of club who cant bother having a wage structure. I remember the time when they could afford Juninho and Ravanelli, the latter Juventus first teamer. Of course that caused rifts in the team as most of the players were still being paid championship level.

Fellaini was a 30m panic buy. I am pretty confident that he is paid more then some washed up keeper and Negredo

prath92

Boro are the sort of club who cant bother having a wage structure. I remember the time when they could afford Juninho and Ravanelli, the latter Juventus first teamer. Of course that caused rifts in the team as most of the players were still being paid championship level.

Fellaini was a 30m panic buy. I am pretty confident that he is paid more then some washed up keeper and Negredo
Not really valdes rejected many clubs like espanyol and all because he wasn't willing to lower his 100k wages.

led_scholes

Amazing revisionism here. Some think that Fellaini has actually offered something to this club (its the right of course) Fellaini has been a starter for several periods. This year since December which "coinceded" of us being eliminated in CL and from second going to fifth. He has been 3 years here so dont understand the comparison with Morgan and BS. I would prefer to keep them not because they have offered more but because they are better players.
Herrera has been cold and hot. He was the reason why we managed to be 4th at 14-15. Last year he was amazingly awful esp in the second term. But the most dominant wins of the last 2 years are because of Herrera. 4-2 vs City, 0-3 vs Everton, 3-2 vs Arsenal 3-0 vs the spurs. Wanting to sell Herrera to get a better player like veratti or pogba its logical. Saying that Fellaini has offered more its laughable.
I dont even get the: but fellaini plays with passion. Elbowing people its not passion. Rooney is playing with passion but he is not capable of playing for a big team anymore. How many times has Fellaini not tracked back? Our decline last year began with Fellaini entering vs PSV at the second half and then being a starter for the rest of the season. The same with Belgium. He palyed 100 minutes and they conceded 3 goals and didnt create a chance.

devilish

Not really valdes rejected many clubs like espanyol and all because he wasn't willing to lower his 100k wages.
As said I wont be surprised if Fellaini is paid equally/more then Valdes. Also Boro has a history of being a poorly run club

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he's told to sit in midfield and just close down fires, win the ball back and then get forward once the ball is wide, he can do a fine job. Carrick was the real playmaker though, they just couldn't get close to him. I don't want rid of him, but he needs to put consistent performances in like that. IF he can manage it, he's got a place in the squad as he is different from the others.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He is in the last year of his contract. Do you want us to give him an extension because not trying to recoup anything would be stupid. I agree he is not the worst but he is not a starter. Maybe sell him at a decent price and get a good, young replacement would be perfect.
No he isn't. Contract expires in 2018

Kostur

海尔的老板
Amazing revisionism here. Some think that Fellaini has actually offered something to this club (its the right of course) Fellaini has been a starter for several periods. This year since December which "coinceded" of us being eliminated in CL and from second going to fifth. He has been 3 years here so dont understand the comparison with Morgan and BS. I would prefer to keep them not because they have offered more but because they are better players.
Herrera has been cold and hot. He was the reason why we managed to be 4th at 14-15. Last year he was amazingly awful esp in the second term. But the most dominant wins of the last 2 years are because of Herrera. 4-2 vs City, 0-3 vs Everton, 3-2 vs Arsenal 3-0 vs the spurs. Wanting to sell Herrera to get a better player like veratti or pogba its logical. Saying that Fellaini has offered more its laughable.
I dont even get the: but fellaini plays with passion. Elbowing people its not passion. Rooney is playing with passion but he is not capable of playing for a big team anymore. How many times has Fellaini not tracked back? Our decline last year began with Fellaini entering vs PSV at the second half and then being a starter for the rest of the season. The same with Belgium. He palyed 100 minutes and they conceded 3 goals and didnt create a chance.
I love this post, it epitomises this thread. First it's the accusation of revisionism from those who dare to give credit where it's due, then it's Fellaini's fault for 1) dropping from 2nd to 5th 2) getting knocked out of CL 3) Belgium being atrocious but at the same time it's thanks to Herrera that we've won 4-2 against City, 3-0 against Spurs and Everton. Disregard that Fellaini also played in the 4-2 against City and 3-0 against Spurs and he scored in both of those matches.

dichinero

I love this post, it epitomises this thread. First it's the accusation of revisionism from those who dare to give credit where it's due, then it's Fellaini's fault for 1) dropping from 2nd to 5th 2) getting knocked out of CL 3) Belgium being atrocious but at the same time it's thanks to Herrera that we've won 4-2 against City, 3-0 against Spurs and Everton. Disregard that Fellaini also played in the 4-2 against City and 3-0 against Spurs and he scored in both of those matches.
And how much credit was given to Herrera or Mata who were also instrumental in that "golden run " or the supposed best games under LvG? That run was used to justify Fellaini for months on end but never Herrera.

stevoc

I am happy for him to stay, he has done much more than Herrera and Schneiderlin, and I think he won't mind being a squad player, a very good option to have.
Has he?

Over the last two years :

Herrera 13 goals and 11 assists.

Fellaini 11 goals and 2 assists.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
And how much credit was given to Herrera or Mata who were also instrumental in that "golden run " or the supposed best games under LvG? That run was used to justify Fellaini for months on end but never Herrera.
I think the general consensus is that the 4-3-3 system we used for that fairly brief period was a huge benefit to pretty much all of our midfielders, Herrera (and Fellaini) included.
The 'golden run' is at this point brought up far more often by the critics than the supporters though, as though it is the only argument raised over the dozens of pages within which Fellaini has been discussed.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
After a while, you just have to laugh at such posts and how easily some people are blinded by their hate for the guy.

The best thing is that he doesnt seem to care. His managers seem to rate him enough to play him, he tends to show up when we really need him, so all is good.

stevoc

Why don't you dish out possesion stats, tackling stats and passing stats if you really want to use statistics?
Yeah because possession and passing stats would really shine a light on who has contributed more to the club.

But feel free to share those stats mate.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Has he?

Over the last two years :

Herrera 13 goals and 11 assists.

Fellaini 11 goals and 2 assists.
But Fellaini's goals include the following:
-The goal to seal UCL qualification against Palace.
-The goal in the derby against City(which at the time meant we went into the lead, and at that point where 2nd in the league)
-goal in the UCL qualifier in the 90th minute meaning that we had an easier 2nd tie rather than being under pressure going in with just a 1 goal lead.
- A goal in the Quarter finals of the fa cup.

He tends to perform when it really matters. For a side that rarely scores, that has been a positive for us big time. Yet people simply refuse to see that, or when they do give him any compliment, its always the "he did well, but..(insert whatever Fellaini cliche'" here)

led_scholes

Maybe you should watch these games again. Its one thing to score and another one being the absolute MOTM. Now tell me in which games has Fellaini being the best player. For me its no coincedence that the periods that Fellaini has been a starter for us and Belgium both have been atrocious. Watch the game vs PSV. In the first half we were better then he enters and we could not create a chance. Belgium-Wales was 1-. 15 minutes after his entrance was 3-1 with him being humiliated by Kanu. Most of the games he has started we have been atrocious. 2,3 good games vs the mighty Bournemouth or the amazing Crystal Palace after 3 years is not enough imo to justify his staying for another season. I m sure we still have a really negative win/lose ratio when he plays.

As I said wanting Herrera to be replaced by a better player is logical. But Herrera and even Cleverley have offered more than Fellaini.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Would rather keep Fellaini. He performed pretty well last season imo

------Pogba----Fellaini----
-------------Carrick----------

I would start the season with that

led_scholes

After a while, you just have to laugh at such posts and how easily some people are blinded by their hate for the guy.

The best thing is that he doesnt seem to care. His managers seem to rate him enough to play him, he tends to show up when we really need him, so all is good.
Except that the last 3 years we have played awfully while finishing 7th, 4th and 5th. So yeah all is good..

After a while you just have to laugh at people shielding a player who is the epitome of our decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.