Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiosigurvinson

Besides the sloppy back pass for the Vardy goal, he's been very good in the two games.

It's very predictable but quite sad and ridiculous to see his rating over the two games at a shocking 5/10. Especially if you compare with Luke Shaw's 6.8/10 rating. IMO Fellaini's easily been better over the course of these two games. And Luke Shaw's bad touch today could just as well have cost us a goal if it'd fell to a sharper player.

People should really give up the agendas for and against certain players. And yes, I think Shaw is easily the better player in general, but you gotta give credit where credit is due, and surely these ratings don't reflect the players' performances but rather the preference of the player in general.
I think it's the same in every country.
The media don't play a fair game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Seems like Mourinho has actually given him some clear and proper instructions of the position he's playing and what he expects from him there. He doesn't have to worry about being in about 5 different places at one time...

Full bodied red

I used to bang on and on and on about MF in the newbies section - hugely underrated and unfairly treated by many on here....

Not a typical United player by any means, and when he's having a sub-par performance, he looks dreadful....But last season, in particular, I thought he was the only one giving 110% every match he played, unlike some !! Some matches, like The Scousers away in the Europa League loss, we needed 10 Fellainis out there, not 'potential'....And a great performance against West Ham in the 6th round replay which he won for us almost on his own ( DDG apart ) in exactly the way we saw it yesterday - get the ball and a quick forward pass.

Never hides during a match, and appears to be a consumate professional in the way he takes criticism ( from both fans and media ) straight on the chin but doesn't seem to let it affect him. And never heard about him moaning or complaining about team selection....

Him and Pogba might just be an unstoppable midfield pairing - enough height, muscle and more than enough skill on the ball to dominate most other midfields....

Jacko21

I used to bang on and on and on about MF in the newbies section - hugely underrated and unfairly treated by many on here....

Not a typical United player by any means, and when he's having a sub-par performance, he looks dreadful....But last season, in particular, I thought he was the only one giving 110% every match he played, unlike some !! Some matches, like The Scousers away in the Europa League loss, we needed 10 Fellainis out there, not 'potential'....And a great performance against West Ham in the 6th round replay which he won for us almost on his own ( DDG apart ) in exactly the way we saw it yesterday - get the ball and a quick forward pass.

Never hides during a match, and appears to be a consumate professional in the way he takes criticism ( from both fans and media ) straight on the chin but doesn't seem to let it affect him. And never heard about him moaning or complaining about team selection....

Him and Pogba might just be an unstoppable midfield pairing - enough height, muscle and more than enough skill on the ball to dominate most other midfields....
I'm willing to accept he was much improved against Bournemouth.

Though last season, I can't recall thinking to myself, 'wow, Fellaini is giving 110%.' Rather, I was berating him for his persistent fouling, inexcusable elbowing and utter laziness in his passing.

As far as I'm concerned, this season is a blank slate. And I'm willing to judge every player under the guidance of Mourinho.

If Fellaini improves, cuts out the fouling and thinks before he passes, then great.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Really happy with his displays but just worried about him taking half an hour to turn. Might struggle with nimble players around him.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm not sure if I agree that he's suddenly our DM solution, but he played very well yesterday. Let's wait and see if he kicks on vs Southampton.

stevoc

As I said before... 4 managers have favoured him. So he must be doing something right.

Maybe some fans just don't know as much about football as they think they do.
Just saying but 4 managers have also favoured Rooney in the last few years. And it's actually only been 3 managers unless you are counting Giggs 4 games of which Fellaini only started one match?

I hope Fellaini continues his current good form throughout the whole season, but probably best to leave the crowing until a bit later in the season.

Last edited:

PepsiCola

Thought he played well yesterday. Have no qualms with him remaining at the club should he do a job as he did yesterday.

However he should be nothing more than a squad player; especially with the arrival of Pogba.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Just saying but 4 managers have also favoured Rooney in the last few years. And it's actually only been 3 managers unless you are counting Giggs 4 games of which Fellaini only started one match?

I hope Fellaini continues his current good form throughout the whole season, but probably best to leave the crowing until a bit later in the season.
Wilmots, for the national team.

Devil may care

Well you just names two of the best of their generation. Anyone would take them but from what he have right now he did well.
Well the question was what do I want to see, I'd like a deep lying playmaker rather than a destructive DM with very limited mobility and passing range.

I agree that Fellaini isn't normally the man for this, but I think he carried out his duties very well today. Not confident he can keep it up, but would be great if he could.
Agreed, in that specific role the mop mopped up competently.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought he was fantastic yesterday. Intercepted and tackled really well without giving away silly fouls like he usually does. He also played the ball quickly and accurately, and actually drove forward with it when given space. If that was Schneiderlin everybody would be very happy.

Jose clearly like's the way he plays and his physical nature. His added aggression is something our team lacks at times.

If he can keep those kind of performances up I can't see the others getting in the team over him.

stevoc

He may be counting Wilmots
Wilmots, for the national team.
That may well be the case, not sure what it would have to do with United though. The way it was phrased it seemed to me like it was referring to his time at United, obviously i could be wrong though.

And if it is Wilmots thats being counted do we also include Leekens and Advocaat and the other Belgium managers who have played him regularly.

stevoc

I thought he was fantastic yesterday. Intercepted and tackled really well without giving away silly fouls like he usually does. He also played the ball quickly and accurately, and actually drove forward with it when given space. If that was Schneiderlin everybody would be very happy.

Jose clearly like's the way he plays and his physical nature. His added aggression is something our team lacks at times.

If he can keep those kind of performances up I can't see the others getting in the team over him.
True but to be fair everybody also seems happy that it was Fellaini playing so well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
True but to be fair everybody also seems happy that it was Fellaini playing so well.
I think a lot of people have already made there mind up on him, he will always be a bumbling baffoon with stupid hair to some. It's nice to see that he can be a really effective player if used correctly.

stevoc

I think a lot of people have already made there mind up on him, he will always be a bumbling baffoon with stupid hair to some. It's nice to see that he can be a really effective player if used correctly.
I'll admit while i never thought he was a terrible player and said he's a good player in a certain position. I have also said i don't think he's good enough to play central midfield for us or even his best position.

But the in the Shield and yesterday especially he has surprised me, i hope that form continues. If he keeps it up all season i will be happy to be proven wrong on the matter.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Besides the sloppy back pass for the Vardy goal, he's been very good in the two games.

It's very predictable but quite sad and ridiculous to see his rating over the two games at a shocking 5/10. Especially if you compare with Luke Shaw's 6.8/10 rating. IMO Fellaini's easily been better over the course of these two games. And Luke Shaw's bad touch today could just as well have cost us a goal if it'd fell to a sharper player.

People should really give up the agendas for and against certain players. And yes, I think Shaw is easily the better player in general, but you gotta give credit where credit is due, and surely these ratings don't reflect the players' performances but rather the preference of the player in general.
That really is pathetic and sad. The CAF darlings are just treated differently after all

Andrew~

I've been an avowed Fellaini-hater since he signed for United, and am not ashamed to say he's showing me a lot of qualities that will eventually eat some serious humble pie.

I'm loving the aggression and physicality he's bringing to the side and wouldn't be surprised if he gradually became a mainstay in the side. The competition in midfield is really good this year.

Djemba-Djemba

He was one of very few players who played well under Van Gaal too. Not in every game he featured but in a bigger proportion of games than most.

Ironically, his one consistently poor season was under Moyes. And his reputation has been permanently tarnished as a result.
I thought he was pretty good in Van Gaal's first season but mostly poor last season, bar the odd good moment. But almost everyone regressed in Van Gaal's 2nd year so how much you can blame Fellaini for that I don't know.

luke511

The only qualm I have with Fellaini is how much of a bad effect it has on the team performance when he has a bad game. So far so good though, really hope he keeps it up.

VanGaalEra

Excellent performance Marouane!

Really impressed, maybe Jose can bring the Fellaini back that would torment us.

Natener

I find it kind of funny that both LVG and Mourinho have so far gotten better games out of him than any he showed under the man who brought him here.

Devil may care

Why can't we play both? And then a creative type in front of them. The problem isn't playing Fellaini, rather that we only have one deep-lying playmaker and that's Carrick.
I'd rather see a technically superior and much more athletic box to box ball winner in the Vidal mold with Pogba and a new #6 than play a limited and unathletic player like Fellaini. He did fine yesterday but isn't something I'd want to see regularly at United.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Really happy with his displays but just worried about him taking half an hour to turn. Might struggle with nimble players around him.
I really hope Mourinho doesn't rely on him against better opposition.
Otherwise he will only have himself to blame if he counts on him against players who have more ability in their toe then Fellaini has in his whole body.

dichinero

I'd rather see a technically superior and much more athletic box to box ball winner in the Vidal mold with Pogba and a new #6 than play a limited and unathletic player like Fellaini. He did fine yesterday but isn't something I'd want to see regularly at United.
Spot on!

Silverman

He has improved in CM from when he first started there with Moyes. He done well vs Bournemouth and always carries a goal threat but ideally we could do with a more all round tough tackling box to box CM in the future. He deserves his spot in the squad atm though which I used to not thing he did.

Rada

If you Think Vidal is a technically superior player you are very wrong, sure he is some what more technically than Fellaini, but go watch him now.

Devil may care

If you Think Vidal is a technically superior player you are very wrong, sure he is some what more technically than Fellaini, but go watch him now.
I've seen Vidal many times, he is technically superior to Fellaini, especially before his knee problems.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He had a good game no doubt but I'm still unsure how he fares against a top team that will pressure him a lot. Still think that's a weakness of his

iKeano

He has improved in CM from when he first started there with Moyes. He done well vs Bournemouth and always carries a goal threat but ideally we could do with a more all round tough tackling box to box CM in the future. He deserves his spot in the squad atm though which I used to not thing he did.
7 league goals in 61 appearances.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Giving him a 5 is a bit too much. I gave him a 7 during his last game and I am not a big fan of him.

mr.suave

He did well against Bournemouth. Apart from dropping a bollock with that backpass, I also thought he was one of our best players against Leicester. If he keeps it up, it's only fair that he keeps his place.

The one gripe I still have with him, though, is that he seems to completely kill our counter attacks whenever he gets involved. He can be way too cumbersome, and he takes ages to release the ball at times. If Mourinho manages to coach that out of him, he legitimately is a genius.

JeffBoomTetris

He definitely has to take advantage of his dominant height. He also could do with moving around a bit more nimbly.

But in general, his touch and short passing is good. Much better than some other players.

Ban

Hopefully Mop head or other infantile nicknames for one of our own will stop for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.