Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Stepped up in the second half of last season and started to justify his place at the club. I still don't think he's good enough for a starting position, but he has the faith of the manager and has reacted well to that.

Mike09

He's not good enough because of his playing style. People don't like long ball tactic but Fellaini is one of the best player for long ball tactic and there are some teams out there hate playing against long ball. He's a bit clumsy but he's not a bad player IMO. It'll be interesting to see how clubs in CL to stop him and Mourinho's plan B. I can see more managers will complain about it like Klopp and Peter Bosz.

My, those chest controls. His chest control is like Zidane's footwork. :lol:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

He's not good enough because of his playing style. People don't like long ball tactic but Fellaini is one of the best player for long ball tactic and there are some teams out there hate playing against long ball. He's a bit clumsy but he's not a bad player IMO. It'll be interesting to see how clubs in CL to stop him and Mourinho's plan B. I can see more managers will complain about it like Klopp and Peter Bosz.

My, those chest controls. His chest control is like Zidane's footwork. :lol:
The season hasnt even started and the cliches and sillyness are brought out.

Did you watch the Europa League final at all?
Did you see what it was he did in that game and why it was so important and why he was close to the best player on the pitch?
He wasnt used for the purpose of long ball football in the final, he wasnt used as a battering ram or for his clumsiness or any of the other cliches and preconceived reasons so many parrot.

If you watched the game properly you will have seen exactly what he did, how he followed a clear instruction and how he executed his job to perfection. I suspect you have no idea what it was though.

Mike09

The season hasnt even started and the cliches and sillyness are brought out.

Did you watch the Europa League final at all?
Did you see what it was he did in that game and why it was so important and why he was close to the best player on the pitch?
He wasnt used for the purpose of long ball football in the final, he wasnt used as a battering ram or for his clumsiness or any of the other cliches and preconceived reasons so many parrot.

If you watched the game properly you will have seen exactly what he did, how he followed a clear instruction and how he executed his job to perfection. I suspect you have no idea what it was though.
The season hasn't even started and the cliches and sillyness of some poster who doesn't know how to read are coming already.

Did you read my post properly? I said he's the best player to play long ball. I never said he was only good enough for the purpose of long ball which I also don't think that's the only stuff he can offer. I suggest you to learn how to read people post properly before waste both our time arguing something pointless.

Are we clear now??

Oh by the way may be there is one thing we can discuss here, we also did use Fellaini for long ball in Final EL though.

Stack

The season hasn't even started and the cliches and sillyness of some poster who doesn't know how to read are coming already.

Did you read my post properly? I said he's the best player to play long ball. I never said he was only good enough for the purpose of long ball which I also don't think that's the only stuff he can offer. I suggest you to learn how to read people post properly before waste both our time arguing something pointless.

Oh by the way may be there is one thing we can discuss here, we also did use Fellaini for long ball in Final EL though.

Good greif,
if you actually watch that video you can see what his main job was and how well he did it. It has nothing to do with long balls.
No wonder you get so much wrong in here.

Mike09

Good greif,
if you actually watch that video you can see what his main job was and how well he did it. It has nothing to do with long balls.
No wonder you get so much wrong in here.
Christ!! What I get wrong then? Why are you so stubborn to admit that you failed to read my post properly.

I never say Fellaini only offer long ball tactic, I only said he's the best player for long ball. It's like saying Xavi is the best player for tiki taka but doesn't mean he can only play in tiki taka tactic.

And the video is 8 minutes length, you replied my post about 2 mins after I posted the video. Keep watching the video and until in the middle of the video you will realise that the video is talking about long ball.

Please read my post and watch the video before waste my time with arguments.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
A usedful player for us. It don't matter if we play it long and someone controls on their chest. It's not that much different then someone playing it long for someone to run onto. He will NEVER will over everyone but as a manager, he's a great option. Just imagine if next season we're chasing a goal and you got potentially Lukaka, Zlatan and Fellaini to hit. Or if a defender get's sent off or we're defending a lead. His heading is invaluable. Many people said he was a red card waiting to happen but while he will pick up cards that is over stated. He doesn't effect our ability to play good football.

LoneStar

He's not the player who'll ever play or even be associated with champagne football. But he is an amazing plan B and always executes the manager's plan to perfection. The Europa final showed how effective he can be against certain teams and certain tactics. Also I like players who give their all on the pitch. Glad to have him. Very good squad option to have.

Reactions: Varun

Dr. StrangeHate

He's not the player who'll ever play or even be associated with champagne football. But he is an amazing plan B and always executes the manager's plan to perfection. The Europa final showed how effective he can be against certain teams and certain tactics. Also I like players who give their all on the pitch. Glad to have him. Very good squad option to have.
It used to make me dread the match whenever I saw his name on the team sheet. Now I know when he is playing we will have at least one person on the pitch who won't hide and will give a solid performance. His control of the long ball with his chest is probably the best in the league. I can safely bet no one likes to play against him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thought he was sloppy as hell at times but that's a well taken goal. It's funny with him because he seems to be a great finisher just to feck up some easy chance to prove you wrong.

Early days in the pre-season though, hope that this goal will get him going with scoring every now and then because we need goals from midfield and especially our dreadful corners.

Acole9

Outstanding
Love the picture in the OP. My favourite goal of the match today. I've been watching the season review from last season and have noticed many of his goals are coming from attacking the far post, would like to see him get more from there.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Thought he did alright again, took his goal well. I kind of like him, must be the underdog status. :D

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
He's an outstanding player.

One of the best CMs in the league. He was a snip for £27m.

buckooo1978

his chest control was sublime again and a great finish

still shouldn't be starting for us barring an injury crisis or serious rotation

Kapardin

Love the guy. Perfect squad player and never complains. Played a significant role in winning two cups. Has respect for the club. Mentally strong as nails despite the undeserved abuse he gets, it seems to be the "cool" thing to slate him on twitter.

I see him being a vital player in the domestic cups and in some league games this season. I hope Mourinho goes all out for the FA Cup, Fellaini should be able to play a part in getting us there.

Raw

It does bother me when people still come out with shit like "I hope we sell him he's not a Man United player he epitomises everything wrong with the post-Fergie era!" etc. He had some iffy moments early last season but he got over it and played an important part in winning both trophies.

RaptorSlo

Love the guy. Perfect squad player and never complains. Played a significant role in winning two cups. Has respect for the club. Mentally strong as nails despite the undeserved abuse he gets, it seems to be the "cool" thing to slate him on twitter.

I see him being a vital player in the domestic cups and in some league games this season. I hope Mourinho goes all out for the FA Cup, Fellaini should be able to play a part in getting us there.
Not sure about the mentally strong part. His confidence looked completely shot after that booing, and he play that way for a while.

Blind

His weight of pass is still abysmal but he does take chances well, he scored 11 for Everton the season before he joined and he should be getting at least 5 in the league with late runs and set pieces.

Walters_19_MuFc

One of the my favourite players. Love the way he gets stuck in. Took his goal superbly well.

Can see him another heavily involved season.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Not sure about the mentally strong part. His confidence looked completely shot after that booing, and he play that way for a while.
Not sure many players would find it easy being boo'd by his own fans

The fact he came back from that would surely mean he has a lot of mental toughness

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
But... wow.
I'd only have Pogba and Kante down as better than him. He's at least as good as anyone else.

His touch and ability to play in tight spaces is fantastic.

He looks awkward but that's deceptive, he's actually quite skilful. He can be sometimes clumsy but all of his mistakes/imperfections are unfairly magnified.

Stack

Didnt take him too long to score a goal after the booing if you recall. His confidence didnt look shot to me, thats probably why Mourinho kept playing him, the guy simply got on with it despite the booing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Disagree tbh coming back and scoring important goals in important games after that booing is a true sign of character and also self confidence.

Walters_19_MuFc

Absolute beast. Love his tenacity, and kind of summed his half up when he fought for the ball and got it to Martial, where we went onto score.

Good half from the big man.

Suedesi

What a crap player. Stoke quality. No finesse and no holdup technique whatsoever. Reminds me of the wretched Moyes regime every time he's on the field.

AndyJ1985

How can anyone look at the technical ability of real Madrid, then look at Fellaini and think he's going to help get us to that level?

Kazi

My favourite type of Fellaini haters are the ones that are Mourinho fanboys at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.