Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
To be honest, I never really entertained the idea of Fellaini having an effect; but it happens so often that there's something to it. Fellaini when he comes on often plays as an auxillary striker which often opens up space for other players. He also has 4 goals in 12 apps which is good return for an impact player.

He is so good with the long ball; that I wouldnt mind him staying. When we need a goal with 10 mins to go, bring on Fellaini and get him in the box to cause havoc. He can also do a job against the lower league teams that often rely on their physicality.

RRCE

New contract on how many years? He is 30. 170k for a reserve? Let him go, Fellaini is not the way forward.
I get your point, and I’m certainly not suggesting that we sign him at all costs. He’s looking for what may be his last big contract. He’s undoubtedly looking for money and term. I’m honestly not sure where the 170K number came from. I don’t mind “overpaying” Fellaini, provided the term is reasonable. It’s not as though Fellaini’s game relies upon pace in any way. I’d give him two years with a club option for a third. That wouldn’t bother me at all. Again, my primary concern is whether the club will make the funds available to replace both Carrick and Fellaini, given that we have other needs to address in the summer as well.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I can't understand what he is playing at, not like he will get much north of 100k\week anywhere else, nor will he find as big a club to play for.

TypeR

Not easy on the eye, but he has qualities that are underrated on here. Qualities that at the very least give the team a different dimension and options when he's on the pitch, and at best make him a good player to have when we want to switch it up and play a certain way.

I'd keep him for the right price, but there's been a bit of posturing and I'm not sure why Fellaini would want to go anywhere else that's not a step down and who'd be willing/able to pay the wages he's looking for, except us. Got a feeling that he'll stay on for a couple years more, with a player/club option for the third.

BenjaminP

With 2018 World Cup coming up, I imagine him wanting to play more often to gaurentee his first team spot on the national team.

SupaFella

Supports
Manchester City
I'm pretty sure we (Belgium) are going to take Marouanne with us. Even if he's not a starter he's too good an option on the bench when things don't go our way and we need to change tactics.

Yes, he has done ok for Utd at certain points but how do we progress and develop a style of play to match the European elite when we are so quick to fall back on the hoof it to the chest approach? Remove the crutch and be brave enough to keep playing football.
Sure you don't want to play the long ball by nature, but more when a opposing team is pushing and short passing doesn't seem to work well. Those arn't too many matches, but usually matches that matter as it's more likely to happen with more dominant opposition. Fellaini seems a good option in such cases, he can make the long ball more effecient in service of the attack and he can be a contribution for the defense against a stronger team. With other words, he can offer an attacking and defensive improvement in such games, which is kinda nice for a sub. It doesn't seem like he has been so bad as starter for united neither. Perhaps as a Belgian i'm a bit biased, but he was always usefull for us and rather valued as a tactical asset.

Though granted, i can understand that you should keep wages within proportion. As long as he's cheap enough though...

Last edited:

Baby Groot

I will be delighted when he goes.
He my have come good under Mourinho, but he's reminder of what has gone wrong with United since SAF retired.

Axkiko

2 years, 120000 pounds a week contract is already a good offer for a squad player. If he still doesn't want to stays, we should move on.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
2 years, 120000 pounds a week contract is already a good offer for a squad player. If he still doesn't want to stays, we should move on.
Not just good — it's a ridiculously good offer if we're being honest.

Idxomer

Difference between today and Leicester match.

He needs to be at the club as long as Mourinho is there, he will need him a lot.

El Jefe

Difference between today and Leicester match.

He needs to be at the club as long as Mourinho is there, he will need him a lot.
Exactly what I thought while watching this match. Without him I'm not sure we win this match and with him no chance we draw at Leicester.

Godfather

Did quite well when he came on and I was actually relieved that he did. I think we should keep him.

Silas

Put a real shift in. Broke up the play in the middle of the pitch quite well at points.

el3mel

Away from that unnecessary back heel at the end of the game, his introduction was a must to strengthen our midfield.

SATA

Away from that unnecessary back heel at the end of the game, his introduction was a must to strengthen our midfield.
Yeah that flick was almost pointless and put us back under severe pressure. Just keep the ball with your big frame, big guy

Kapardin

Would really like him to stay as he does offer something that no other squad player does, but I suppose if he wants to go, nothing can be done about it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Game cried for him since we scored. Surprised it took so long for him to come in.
If they had equalised during that time, it would have been om Jose.

Swift Football

It was only after he came that we looked solid and i could hope for a win. Before he was on the pitch, we were constanly hammered and we were just hanging on.
I think he can be a very good weapon in Champions league as our direct outlet. Very few teams have tactics to cope up with such long direct balls to Fellaini. I hope he signs contract extension.

Roboc7

Didn’t really have an impact on the game other than being extra body in midfield.

Don’t think it really matters whether he stays or goes as only going to be a bit part player now.

For all the praise Mourinho gives him he doesn’t want him in his starting eleven, his role has diminished compared to what it was under Moyes and LVG and that’s probably why he wants to go.

Last edited:

Grande

Didn’t really have an impact on the game other than being extra nosy in midfield.

Don’t think it really matters whether he stays or goes as only going to be a bit part player now.

For all the praise Mourinho gives him he doesn’t want him in his starting eleven, his role has diminished compared to what it was under Moyes and LVG and that’s probably why he wants to go.
Disagree. I think our midfield was starting to look like training ground cones before he came on, with Mata, Pogba, Lingard and Martial not providing Matic much help, and Matic being sluggish. Fellaini seemed to have a magnet on him today, and his choices and passes were good. Allowing for tve heel pass at he end. He was very, very good.

Loublaze

ATLien
Didn’t really have an impact on the game other than being extra nosy in midfield.

I agree with this. LVG praised him as well but he wasn't a dead cert starter during his regime either

eat_grass

That's not true. He started every game he was healthy while Pogba was out. Then he was rushed back into action without a single training session once he was medically cleared again. And today, he was the first sub on, ahead of Herrera (another mid) and Rashford.

He won MoTM his first game without Pogba, and was the highest or joint-highest rated player in the subsequent two matches. Had he not been injured while Pogba was out, Man City's points lead would be half what it is today.

If your complaint is that he can't dislodge Pogba or Matic from the starting lineup, then that's some high standard you've set.

He played well today, and it was sorely needed because of how hapless the reset of the squad looked (mids and attackers).

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I thought he provided some much needed presence in midfield; we were much more difficult to get through the middle and he was important on set pieces. Made a few good interceptions and kept the ball moving. The back heel in stoppage time was a bit much though :lol:

Antonedwin

I was waiting for him to come & replace mata , small guy was terrible today. I feel safer when he came in and add some steel.
Unnecessary back heel though , he should have just kept the ball & waste time

stevoc

That's not true. He started every game he was healthy while Pogba was out. Then he was rushed back into action without a single training session once he was medically cleared again. And today, he was the first sub on, ahead of Herrera (another mid) and Rashford.

He won MoTM his first game without Pogba, and was the highest or joint-highest rated player in the subsequent two matches. Had he not been injured while Pogba was out, Man City's points lead would be half what it is today.

If your complaint is that he can't dislodge Pogba or Matic from the starting lineup, then that's some high standard you've set.

He played well today, and it was sorely needed because of how hapless the reset of the squad looked (mids and attackers).
Only half?

So he would have won us 3 games that we drew or won two games that we lost on his own.

eat_grass

Only half?

So he would have won us 3 games that we drew or won two games that we lost on his own.
It's just a guess of course. It could be more and it could be less. I'm simply comparing United's performances minus-Pogba plus-Fellaini to United's performances minus both Pogba and Fellaini. United looked really poor without both, but looked decent when Fellaini was covering for Pogba.

It might even be the case that Fellaini isn't very good, but he's great under Mourinho's system, and without him the system works very poorly, making Fellaini stand out.

Now we'll just wait for the haters to scream "so Mourinho's system depends on a Fellaini?! Mourinho out!!"

Ashley R1+O

He's honestly the perfect bench player for Jose. Can play all three of the midfield position with three different dynamic presences. Breaking up play from deep, and in between the attack and defense, transitioning play in the center of the pitch and influencing further forward. Another display of it last night, he gives it all and fights tooth and nail for everything. Much needed bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.