5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

I really don't like Fellaini at all but that was a super performance; just what was required.

ash_86

You can moan all you like but the moment he came on I didn't shit my pants at every corner anymore.
This. He was very good for us after coming on. Multiple times he gave us an outlet to go out of our own half. I will be happy if he signs the contract extension.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A reminder today of what a great option he is to have in the squad, alas seems certain he'll be leaving

Brophs

The One and Only
He seems to have a knack of getting involved in weird tackles where either player could conceivably have a foul given against them.

Member 90887

I would love for him to get that extension.

And plus, since he isn't the kind of players that relays on speed. I'm pretty sure that at 33 he'll offer the same impact he is now.

Member 90887

I think he would play the McTominay role very well, him side by side with Matic, and Pogba in the third midfield spot would be a very good midfield. Herrera too would be good in that position. They don't offer the same things so we could play one or the other depending on the opposition.

Litch

Game changed when he came on, he took up positions further forward and they weren't as dangerous at set pieces.

Ashley R1+O

We've missed him coming off the bench, always dependable and solid with the ball and makes the right decisions. Having that extra outlet to bypass the press is important, glad for him to be back.

ice-bionic red

We’ve missed him. His presence is big for our team. Our team with Matic, Pogba, fellaini, Lukaku starting has that power. Early on in the season we done so well. He had his flaws but makes up for it in other ways and gives 100%

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m not convinced he’s over that injury. From now until the end of the season I wouldn’t be surprised if it affects him again

iKeano

Inappropriate Behavior
Is no one going to mention the fact that he was lucky not to give away a penalty?!
He's a tall liability. Every. Single. Time.

Champagne on ice for when he takes his silly hair and his ill-fitting boots off to Turkey.

Robertd0803

Made a massive difference when he came on yesterday. Has been missed during his injury.

ajay1002

Is no one going to mention the fact that he was lucky not to give away a penalty?!

Champagne on ice for when he takes his silly hair and his ill-fitting boots off to Turkey.
I'm not Fellaini's biggest fan by any stretch but in no way was he at fault for the tangle in the box with Mane yesterday. He got himself between Mane and the ball and Mane initiated the contact which brought them both down. If anything were to be given, it should have been a free kick against Mane.

Kazi

Lol this guy again

Surely you must have like at least a slight feeling that your opinion is wrong here when literally everyone else on this thread had a positive impression of his performance yesterday.

Swift Football

Its so great to have him back in the squad. He was tremendous in closing the game yesterday. He is the best out there to do certain things, like protecting the lead like we were doing yesterday. I also feel he will play a big part in our european games.

You can moan all you like but the moment he came on I didn't shit my pants at every corner anymore.
Shit on your pants? Who are you?- Ramos?!

iKeano

I'm not Fellaini's biggest fan by any stretch but in no way was he at fault for the tangle in the box with Mane yesterday. He got himself between Mane and the ball and Mane initiated the contact which brought them both down. If anything were to be given, it should have been a free kick against Mane.
You can get between a player and the ball illegally you know?!
It could easily have been given, that's all I'm saying.
Could have been Everton all over again.

ajay1002

You can get between a player and the ball illegally you know?!
Except that isn't what happened in my opinion. Perfectly fair race for the ball, Fellaini gets there first and shields it, Mane puts his leg across the back of Fellaini's calf and trips them both up. Hence, foul on Fellaini.

Bwuk

I’m ok with him coming off the bench, but no chance I’d start him ahead of McTominay.

One is the future, the other doesn’t want to stay.

Craig Ward

With no contract extension signed and the fact he is utterly rubbish, his appearances should be limited.

Cannot wait until he leaves

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
With no contract extension signed and the fact he is utterly rubbish, his appearances should be limited.

Cannot wait until he leaves
He's not the best, but utterly rubbish makes him sound like a league 2 player. He's become a dependable player and would have been shipped out ages ago if he wasn't.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Give it a break man. It's been 3 years now and you've been bashing this guy when he's made you look like a fool every week.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

No context needed, I think.
I think the reaction to this picture and his entire GQ spread illustrates an interesting perspective on how people treat those with afro-hair, afro hairstyles, and the stigma that it comes with.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
How d'you mean?
People think afro's & afro-hair styles are comical, silly looking and easy to be made fun of.
You see it all the time when it comes to Fellaini, people call him "tree", "afro man", "brocolli" etc.

I wouldn't know why, there's nothing funny about the way someone's hair grows out of their head, and i've worn my hair like Fellaini has in his picture countless times - as recently as last week.

Personally, I think the pictures in his GQ spread look very good.

shamans

People think afro's & afro-hair styles are comical, silly looking and easy to be made fun of.
You see it all the time when it comes to Fellaini, people call him "tree", "afro man", "brocolli" etc.

I wouldn't know why, there's nothing funny about the way someone's hair grows out of their head, and i've worn my hair like Fellaini has in his picture countless times - as recently as last week.

Personally, I think the pictures in his GQ spread look very good.
I don't have an afro but mass media is still (despite the improvement) seen from the perspective of the white person. However.... you have to agree weather you had hair like that or not it is still okay to make fun of it. We make fun of Fabregas' mullet as well.

I mean there are cool/neat afros and then there are the super big ones. It's like how I make fun of pony tails on guys.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I don't have an afro but mass media is still (despite the improvement) seen from the perspective of the white person. However.... you have to agree weather you had hair like that or not it is still okay to make fun of it. We make fun of Fabregas' mullet as well.

I mean there are cool/neat afros and then there are the super big ones. It's like how I make fun of pony tails on guys.
I don't disagree with making fun of funny hairstyles, I just fail to see how an afro by itself is funny, even if it is 'super big'.
The idea of a 'neat' afro is peculiar, what do you mean by a neat afro?

shamans

I don't disagree with making fun of funny hairstyles, I just fail to see how an afro by itself is funny, even if it is 'super big'.
The idea of a 'neat' afro is peculiar, what do you mean by a neat afro?
Just like hair that has been cut. Like men with long hair or man buns are also sometimes a bit ridiculous unless they are rockstars. I think Sane has an afro and no one would make fun of it. Looks pretty neat. If you're going to grow your afro really big people will make fun of it for the style not because of the ethnicity behind it just like I make fun of hipsters who grow their hair long or in man buns.

I mean he has dyed his blonde too... how can you blame people (but I do agree with your original point there is a hint of white person's media -- not as much as you are saying though)

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Calling someone afro-man has little to do with making fun of him. Afro's are an attraction piece, and so they make someone stick out. Most would agree that there is nothing wrong with him having an afro. Those that won't, are the ones that get all uppity about Pogba having colored hair as well.

That hairstyle is funny because he looks like Mickey Mouse. It's almost as bad as De Gea's ponytail.

Status
Not open for further replies.