5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He made a couple of ten yard passes and took a shot on goal with his weaker foot so I'm somewhat surprised this thread isn't full of praise.

He's a good player, in his own way, but time's up. No other top side is playing him in midfield at this stage.

Bobski

Mourinho loves him, and at times Fellaini has been ok, but he is everything that is wrong with our approach to the game. You know his inclusion means a certain style of football, it is going to be long balls and in-swinging crosses from the left hoping to get him isolated on a small full back. Neanderthal football and as long as he is here Mou will find a reason to use him and that style of play. Much easier than passing the ball and being brave.

Has to go for the good of the future of the team, Mou will probably look for a direct replacement who can offer the same things.

Loublaze

ATLien
He made a couple of ten yard passes and took a shot on goal with his weaker foot so I'm somewhat surprised this thread isn't full of praise.

He's a good player, in his own way, but time's up. No other top side is playing him in midfield at this stage.
That shot was straight to the keeper like most of his attempts are. The second one was ballooned over

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazed you guys started him tonight.

He hasn't been fit for months and you throw him in from the start in a high tempo knock out match. I assume he was part in to disrupt N'zonzi-Banega combo, N'zonzi utterly dominated him.

You'll all look back in 10 years time and wonder how on earth a technically limited player like Fellani managed to last five full seasons at Man. United.

SuperiorXI

He hasn't been fit for months and you throw him in from the start in a high tempo knock out match. I assume he was part in to disrupt N'zonzi-Banega combo, N'zonzi utterly dominated him.

You'll all look back in 10 years time and wonder how on earth a technically limited player like Fellani managed to last five full seasons at Man. United.
Jose shit and pissed the bed simple.

Acole9

Outstanding
He hadn't started a match for ages and he's refusing to sign a new contract so why did we play him in a game of this magnitude?!

He was ok in the first half, second half he was shocking, so lazy and was effectively just a body in midfield. Times up, get rid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He plays like a hardworking attacking midfielder whose pushed in a deeper role. Remove the hardworking part, add talent to it and you'll have Pogba. Seriously, this 4-2-3-1 formation is killing us. We don't have the players for it.

zenith

Will be very happy to see the back of him this summer. Absolutely don't need that kind of option at this club

Roboc7

Last night showed why he won’t be missed if he leaves, he does have uses at times but he isn’t good enough, never has been and we resort to terrible football too often when he plays.

Robbie Boy

Hopefully he's off this summer. What a divisive player he's been. He's had his uses at times but I just want him gone at this stage and to forget the whole Fellaini thing ever happened.

dogwithabone

I think part of it is that Mourinho, in a strange way, sees Fellaini as a type of option that probably none of the other top five have - a big 6’4” roughhouse at the back stick to compliment more dynamic footballers around him. It’s like he’s saying ‘here’s our plan B, what’s yours ?’

Whenever City run out of a few ideas and a plan B needs to be activated they’re usually 4 or 5 nil up by that point.

Sylar

I swear LVG did the same thing. They talk about players needing rhythm after coming back from a layoff, but then have favourites who they just throw in for form players. If we had no midfielders I could understand it, but McT had a stellar game against Liverpool (and did so well in the first leg)
To stop him and Matic is just baffling but not surprising.

Ashley R1+O

Solid and sharp in the first 20 minutes, continued to play quite well until he was substituted. Then they ran by Pogba in the buildup to the first goal and to win the corner for the second... so? Not much you can say really, he's not quite fit yet and still performs that solid positional role that none of our other players bar Scott McT has been able to show next to Matic.

A shame he had to come off, but thems the breaks.

iKeano

Give it a break man. It's been 3 years now and you've been bashing this guy when he's made you look like a fool every week.
Only two of us looked a fool lastnight. Fellaini pretending to have a clue what he was supposed to be doing, and José for picking him.
He. Is. Terrible.

fallengt

He's the embodiment of cluelessness, not his fault though. When nothing works and team run out of idea, manager will inevitably try him because Fellaini offers something no one else does.

Put him in Real Madrid team and you would still see his 15' cameo here and there I assure you. Providing they are stupid enough to buy him in the first place

Last edited:

VP

I find it hilarious that posters think that having Fellaini in the squad holds us back from playing great football.
Do constantly loop pointless balls to the backpost when he's not around?

extincti fugax hominum

Epitomizes everthing wrong with the club right now. It's both a joke and sad for the club that he's been here for 5 years and refusing to sign a new contract Marouane feckin Fellaini :lol: And to make it worse, we are begging a player like him to stay and start him in the most important game of our season when he missed the most of the campaign and only returned from injury very very recently :houllier: Hope he never signs that contract and if Jose is that desperate to work with him then he can piss off to Turkey as well where the likes of Fenerbahçe (they have Turkish Jose in charge) etc. will be waiting with open arms.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Do constantly loop pointless balls to the backpost when he's not around?
The players need to be responsible for their decision making in matches. I get that Mourinho, as the manager, is accountable for much of what happens at the a football club, but the players need to take responsibility for their decision making during matches and we need leaders both creatively and defensively on the pitch.

I am 99% convinced that Mourinho was not happy with the approach of the team when Fellaini was happy on the pitch. Whilst he wanted Fellaini to be used as an offensive asset, I am sure that he did not want us to devolve to a matter of Fellaini long balls or bust. People can use Fellaini as a lightning rod for criticism, but there was too many times our players last night took a long ball or far post cross in the general direction of Fellaini as the easy way out. We lack creativity and shrewd decision making in the opposition’s half with or without Fellaini.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I can understand Mourinho liking him as he had powerhouses in midfield at Chelsea like Obi Mikel, Essien and Ballack. Fellaini not as good as last two but in a defensive formation/game which Mourinho loves I can understand his role.

I found it bizarre more the love LVG seemingly had for him which was probably more proof he'd lost his touch when he turned up at Man. United. You'd think a manager who'd worked for years at Ajax and Barca with the football culture both clubs have would've immediately frozen out Fellaini and looked to move him on as he's the complete anithesis of what both clubs are about.

You can't play total football with Fellaini in your team.

Jngun

i Feel like he would be better used if the manager wasn't mourinho. play him only for 2 occasion :
1. When we need to close the shop, put him in as extra man to defend
2. When we desperately need a goal , as plan B
Other than those situation he should be forever on the bench

red devil whitey

Good on his day but fairly awkward to fit in the team at times. Bit clumsy/careless sometimes but can work well if fitted into the team with a simple instruction. Not a starting 11 for me but good to bring on from the bench at times

Oldham

Don't see the point in playing him. Bad fit in the team, almost out of contract and not willing to sign a new one (hope he doesn't).
Hope he's played his last game for us. Please give McT gametime instead..

van Nistelrooy

"We're delighted to announce that Marouane Fellaini has signed a new contract..."

What if United make their usual announcement about contract renewals with Fellaini before the end of the season? We've done it with Rojo today and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here too.

JMack1234

I'm daring to dream that we might be seeing the back of him this summer. I do think that Fellaini is a scapegoat and he gets dogs abuse that he doesn't always deserve. However, he's not a player that is going to elevate us he represents everything that we need to move away from and hopefully this summer we'll finally do it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Why doesn't he go out with some of these hairstyles? Some of them look quite good on him.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everytime i see this bumped I keep hoping its because he has signed a pre contract deal with someone else and fecked off.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Chris Smalling is actually as tall as this bog brush cnut. It's the hair that makes Fellaini look proper huge.

el3mel

He's out again even though Mourinho said no one is injured. Think it's over for him. He probably refused to sign and Mourinho put him out of his selections.

We'll know for sure if this state keeps on.

Status
Not open for further replies.