5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Quick question? I understand the argument that Fellaini is useful as a plan B hoof the ball to him in the dying moments and hope he heads it in.

But why on Earth for the last two seasons after he has won us games he starts the next game. But not only does he start he plays center midfield. He is shite in center midfield. Cant pass cant tackle cant defend cant attack. Offers nothing.

The only thing he is good for is hoofing the ball to him up front!

So tell me how does him winning us games by essentially playing up front get him rewarded with game time in centre midfield.

Baffles me, it really does.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I take it lump it up to Fellani didn't work this week then?

He is an impact sub at the very best and really you should be moving him on not bowing to his demands and giving him a new deal.

For every goal he scores every five games, he'll give mediocre performances in the other four.

Djemba-Djemba

He's a central midfielder that can't tackle, can't shoot and can't pass. He's also as slow as a fecking tank.

He can chest the ball and he can, on occasion, cause havoc and panic in the opposition box towards the end of a game if you lump the ball up towards him.

It's embarrassing he's been at Utd for 5 years and it's embarrassing we're begging him to stay. For the Love of God please move on, he's not and never has been what I want to see in a Utd team.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
And if Marouane actually leaves, we'll get the inevitable & tedious 'Jose blames the board' act by the manager.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I take it lump it up to Fellani didn't work this week then?

He is an impact sub at the very best and really you should be moving him on not bowing to his demands and giving him a new deal.

For every goal he scores every five games, he'll give mediocre performances in the other four.
He played mostly in a restrained role as a deep right sided midfielder, didn't do anything. Agree with your points.

Swift Football

After his injury, Fellaini has not been able to impose himself as much as he used to do. Using hoofball to Fellaini to beat the press has to stop.

Today's game he dint bring anything much other than slowing our game, but Jose kept him for far too long. Maybe Jose is afraid we will concede in set piece or he thought we can score only in set piece. We need to be brave and this over reliance on Fellaini has to stop.

el3mel

Hopefully he fecks off. This performance accompanied by his go in the terrible comments about his contract just due to scoring a goal made him so unlikable for me. I had no problem with him before and was indifferent to the whole situation but I want him to feck off to Turkey or something.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
he is an important player according to mou and himself

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team. What sort of message does that send? feck him off to Turkey or wherever will take him.

led_scholes

What fears me more is that Jose actually likes him and that in case he leaves, he will use it against the board if the things do not go that well next year.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
What fears me more is that Jose actually likes him and that in case he leaves, he will use it against the board if the things do not go that well next year.
Jose said that few times about Mata. That's before and after he let him go to join United.

Woodward texts him according to Jose himself. So far they're cool... until the next transfer window. :lol:

Sylar

My favourite part was when under no pressure in the middle of the park he passes it straight to a Brighton player which leads to them getting a chance

The whole game today was bizarre. We tried to play football with him but it was some slow motion stuff with him trying to take the ball off our defence
But then once he came off we played with more tempo
But we put crosses into the box for aerial threats like Mata ...

Canagel

We started to play football when he went off. Even then it wasn't great but it was a positive step. We moved the ball a bit quicker at least. Very sad times if we are begging this donkey to stay. A midfield player that can't pass, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't tackle, can't run. Can't wait to see the back of him. He gets the occasional goal as a sub/plan B and is rewarded with a start in midfield. Then he has a shocker. Rinse and repeat. This has been the story for the last 4/5 years. Nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Greck

Biggest challenge with deploying Fellaini is he doesn't have the legs to get in and out the box quick enough so you have to stick him up there and leave him there to maximise him as a targetman. But when he's there his presence at times disrupts attempts at playing through the middle because he's limited technically. You have to live and die by the longball when he's up there.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'll never understand why he's played as a deep CM. The only time he's useful is when we're lumping balls to him up top. Idiotic from José.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He played mostly in a restrained role as a deep right sided midfielder, didn't do anything. Agree with your points.
Well he's s*** there which is a bit of a problem. :lol:

Only effective is playing him as advanced midfield/second striker but then the Football is horrible to watch.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was far too deep, completely wasted. He's a box player, just being a total nuisance.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's a major problem when played in midfield. Slows down our game further than it already is without him in the team.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we keep this guy and continue to play him deep in CM and also bend over to his contract demands. To me that would be the final nail in fhe coffin in my faith in the manager. It is clear that whilst Fellaini offers some benefits, in order for us to play good football we need to massively improve on his squad position.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Fellaini should only be used as what I call a last 15 minutes of a game player. Either to be used as a target man if your chasing a goal in the closing stages of a game, or as a big lump to have in the box defending crosses etc.

He should never be starting games at a club like United.

Hopefully he’s already agreed to join another club.

Oneunited26

He’s a player who should have been sent packing a few years ago, Jose’s attitude towards wanting to keep the player shows the bigger picture he’s not going to change or evolve making this club move forward. No sane person would think hey let’s not only increase his wages, but sometimes play him in a midfield where his inability to pass, move, tackle, win the ball and score goals of the standard of a top quality united midfielder.

Siorac

He's even become injury prone recently, to add to his general lack of quality. It will be hilarious and tragic in equal measure if we extend his contract at this point.

laughtersassassin

So if Fellaini renews we are only signing one midfielder despite the fact that not only is he injury prone but he is also incapable;e of playing midfield?

His only use is up front in the last few minutes of games. Anyone with sense would see this should not affect our midfield plans.

Canagel

There are no footballing reasons for him to stay. Both as a starter or squad player. Squad players should have the quality to keep starters on their toes. He doesn't have the quality to play in midfield and on top of that has become injury prone. Do we really need this to continue?

Loublaze

ATLien
There are no footballing reasons for him to stay. Both as a starter or squad player. Squad players should have the quality to keep starters on their toes. He doesn't have the quality to play in midfield and on top of that has become injury prone. Do we really need this to continue?
Mourinho would reply with a resounding yes! He's doing everything in his power to convince both club and player that his future lies at OT.

AndyJ1985

We actually have a manager who is desperate for Fellaini to stay. Fellaini. A lanky oaf with as much technical ability as a brick. It's little wonder we play such dreadful football when that's the type of player he loves.

JMack1234

For god sake. I actually don't have a huge problem with Fellaini the player, we we're in the proverbial and as a last resort put him so we can cause chaos and try to nick a 1-0 I don't actually mind, in fact it's bordering on snobbish to be so snooty about that.

The problem I have is that we do this too often and he very recently did an interview bantering off the club which we've forgotten about because he destroyed Carragher in the same interview.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

For god sake. I actually don't have a huge problem with Fellaini the player, we we're in the proverbial and as a last resort put him so we can cause chaos and try to nick a 1-0 I don't actually mind, in fact it's bordering on snobbish to be so snooty about that.

The problem I have is that we do this too often and he very recently did an interview bantering off the club which we've forgotten about because he destroyed Carragher in the same interview.
I thought his contracting expiring was the natural conclusion but instead Mourinho has shown he's desperate to keep him and we're being bent over for it. I don't mind Fellaini but his time should be coming to an end here, he's the embodiment of the Moyes/LvG era, he's had his uses but it's time to go.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Feck this. No way should he get a new contract, especially not after what he said to the media. Useless bog brush. 5 years at one of the biggest clubs in the world. 5 years too many. Should never have happened.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
And yet... we would have won had he played today and most likely taken Pogba's position in the box.

Plus if he signs a new contract we don't have to spread the cost of two central midfield positions, making us more likely to sign a top, top one.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sad state of affairs when you only play the kind of football that makes Fellaini useful. We just hoof the ball and wait for a knock on.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Sad state of affairs when you only play the kind of football that makes Fellaini useful. We just hoof the ball and wait for a knock on.
Well if we can renew the defence, get in an extra quality central midfielder then the attackers won't have to be so structured and defensive will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.