Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well if we can renew the defence, get in an extra quality central midfielder then the attackers won't have to be so structured and defensive will they?
They didn't have to be today and we were still trash

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's an indictment on Mourinho that the only way he knows how to get the team to create chances is by doing crosses or long balls into Fellaini and Lukaku. It's a wonder how Liverpool and City manage to be 2 of the most exciting teams in Europe and have basically no tall players in their midfield or attack.

Cassidy

How do you know what would have happened if we'd given Hazard et al. free reign to get at Smalling and Jones whenever they pleased?
Cheslea sat back most of the game, Herrera was on Hazard meaning the attacking lot Pogba Rashford Lingard Sanchez had license to attack, then second half Matic and Herrera were given more license to get forward.

We were not good enough in attack, and it cannot be blamed on the defence, we have no attacking plan apart from putting in aimless crosses

Canagel

Sad state of affairs when you only play the kind of football that makes Fellaini useful. We just hoof the ball and wait for a knock on.
Mourinho blaming the result on not having a Lukaku/Fellaini presence did it for me. hoofball is the only way we can play it seems.

Witchking

I really don't have an issue with the guy being at United if he was a third choice midfielder or someone you bring in late when you are trailing, but Jose's love for him is making me hate fellaini.

He really needs to leave or we are going to be the next Liverpool who used to blow hot and cold with mid level quality.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Missed him today
Sadly we did!

If José is going to be here for the whole of next season I'd rather we keep him, and I'm someone who wanted Moyes out the moment it became apparent we were actually interested in him. The only time we look like we have a clue is when he's on the field as damning as that is.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sadly we did!

If José is going to be here for the whole of next season I'd rather we keep him, and I'm someone who wanted Moyes out the moment it became apparent we were actually interested in him. The only time we look like we have a clue is when he's on the field as damning as that is.
If it means more hoofing hopeful balls forward, they can both go. We have to develop as a team.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Cheslea sat back most of the game, Herrera was on Hazard meaning the attacking lot Pogba Rashford Lingard Sanchez had license to attack, then second half Matic and Herrera were given more license to get forward.

We were not good enough in attack, and it cannot be blamed on the defence, we have no attacking plan apart from putting in aimless crosses
Because our attack had to work hard to keep them from fulfilling their attacking potential. If we had let Fabregas get his head up at every opportunity and pass into oceans of space for Bakayoko, Hazard and Giroud, let Alonso and Moses burst forward every other minute like they were last season then they'd have stuffed us out of sight.

Note the more our attack was given creative license as the game wore on, so did too Chelsea's threat.

Cassidy

Because our attack had to work hard to keep them from fulfilling their attacking potential. If we had let Fabregas get his head up at every opportunity and pass into oceans of space for Bakayoko, Hazard and Giroud, let Alonso and Moses burst forward every other minute like they were last season then they'd have stuffed us out of sight.

Note the more our attack was given creative license as the game wore on, so did too Chelsea's threat.
I'm not sure how we play against any half decent side then, of course you don't give quality players space to hurt you. No club does, still that doiesn't mean attacking players are relieved of their attacking duty.

Have you seen much of how Pep sets up his side, or even Klopp, all the attacking players have some responsibility to the defensive structure of the side via their positioning and pressing. Its absolutely no excuse for not being able to attack, it is just poor tactical setup and not enough focus on attacking and too much focus on worrying about the opposition.

jean-louis feys

Supports
standard de liège
It’s very funny. He didn’t play 1 second tonight and is almost the player the most talked tonight. Are there other players who were such controversial in the RC in the past? I’m a big fan. If you add his defensive work and his offensive threat, that wat JM call “presence”.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I'm not sure how we play against any half decent side then, of course you don't give quality players space to hurt you. No club does, still that doiesn't mean attacking players are relieved of their attacking duty.

Have you seen much of how Pep sets up his side, or even Klopp, all the attacking players have some responsibility to the defensive structure of the side via their positioning and pressing. Its absolutely no excuse for not being able to attack, it is just poor tactical setup and not enough focus on attacking and too much focus on worrying about the opposition.
And where are Liverpool in the league? What's Klopp's record in finals?

As for Pep, are you certain we have an attacking rosta to equal: Aguero/Gabriel/Sane/Silva/De Bruyne/Silva/Sterling? Nor did his genuis pan out quite so well last season when his defence was more like ours.

Ekeke

It’s very funny. He didn’t play 1 second tonight and is almost the player the most talked tonight. Are there other players who were such controversial in the RC in the past? I’m a big fan. If you add his defensive work and his offensive threat, that wat JM call “presence”.
Defensive work? Matic and Ander did more of that than Fellaini does. That wasnt the problem. Going towards the opponent's goal was the problem

Kapardin

I am getting the feeling that Fellaini's regressed post his injury (though he didn't play this game obviously, just my gut feeling after Jose's post-match love-in). He wasn't ever world class, but he did have enough in him to score a goal or perform well in crunch situations. But he's now 30, and recovery times from injuries naturally would take longer and have a toll. Doubt he will be as good as he ever could be again, in fact, he might really have become as useless as his detractors believe he always has been.

Better to cut our losses, sell him and get someone better. Jose's stubborn though, its' literally in Fellaini's hands whether he leaves or not.

Tiber

Hopefully this sad chapter (for both club and player) has now come to an end.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
RedCafe is tiring sometimes. Manager says that height and power is useful against a compact defence, said tall player is vilified.

Such a weird, weird hatred for the guy. Football is fickle!

Cassidy

And where are Liverpool in the league? What's Klopp's record in finals?

As for Pep, are you certain we have an attacking rosta to equal: Aguero/Gabriel/Sane/Silva/De Bruyne/Silva/Sterling? Nor did his genuis pan out quite so well last season when his defence was more like ours.
Liverpool didnt have the players. However they are in a UCL final now and look like they will be strong next season

Andersons Dietician

Seriously can’t believe we’ve supposedly now offered him 3 contracts and he’s refused them all. Sounds like he wants to go. It just seems so weird that a player of Fellaini’s level would break up with us when it seems evident we really want to keep him or should I say management want to keep him.

JMack1234

Another development with this guy seemingly pretty on top of the whole Fellaini saga.

Andersons Dietician

Does anyone remember his shinagians in 2012 when he just wrecked us in that 4-4 game and that game sort of destroyed our title hopes. There were other games but that just seems the catalyst. Have we all unkowlingly held a grudge against him for this hence why he was never really loved here, as well as the obvious. He was excellent that game. Set up Pienaar and I think he scored 2 as well did he not?

GeorgieBoy

What an ungrateful fan you are. Shameful. I don’t understand how people can’t appreciate a player even if they think he doesn’t belong here/ has to leave.
I remember our fans booing him at a pre-season friendly a few years back. Always admired him for some of the shit he puts up with from so called 'fans'.

JMack1234

Let me tell you what's going to happen here.

1. Fellaini realises that no club will pay him the money he thinks he warrants
  2. He'll sign the deal we've put before him
  3. United fans will have a meltdown to end all meltdowns

Last edited:

Mercurial

2. He'll sign he deal we've put before him
Complete nightmare scenario

edgar allan

2. He'll sign the deal we've put before him
Surely we have withdrawn the offer at this late stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.