Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean-Philippe Jason

Supports
Belgian red devils
Once again that ugly picture displayed on his performance thread…

What a lack of respect for a guy who has always given everything for Man Utd. and who has just had a briliant worldcup.

Could you gentlemen, please, change it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Loublaze

ATLien
Once again that ugly picture displayed on his performance thread…

What a lack of respect for a guy who has always given everything for Man Utd. and who has just had a briliant worldcup.

Could you gentlemen, please, change it?
What are you on about? Fellaini himself finds that picture amusing!

VJ1762

I know it's irrational, but I just can't help but hate this guy. He has come to symbolise everything that's wrong with our club.

Fergie booted a player like Beckham out of the club. Why is it so difficult to get rid of this guy?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I know it's irrational, but I just can't help but hate this guy. He has come to symbolise everything that's wrong with our club.

Fergie booted a player like Beckham out of the club. Why is it so difficult to get rid of this guy?
It’s the other way around. You symbolize everything that’s wrong with modern supporters. The club should ask themselves do they need you? Don’t take it personal. It’s just the way it is.

Just in general I’m sick of reeding made up tweets, the idiotic comments who follows, so called supporters who have no idea what they talking about, activism, journalists in general, political correct nonsense and anything related to stupidity.

Regarding Fellaini I think he’s a great guy with the right attitude. We need more of his caliber and less of weak and over paid prima donnas.

Brighton 3:2 Man Utd

ash_86

I think we looked decent once he came on. With Jose days numbered, he should just start Fellaini and play to our strengths. Fans couldn't hate him more anyway. Atleast we could try to win by playing our strengths.

----------------Lukaku---------------
-----------------Fellaini---------------
Sanchez----Pogba------Matic------Rashford
Shaw-------Smalling-----Lindelof------Valencia

sugar_kane

Aside from Shaw our only player who came out of today with any credit. Played with a bit of pride and dignity, and looked like he gave a shit whether we won or. not. Should have started over one of Fred or Pereira.

Foxbatt

It is one thing you get from Fellaini. Total commitment. I wish he had come on a bit early and we put those balls into him.

99withaflake

I actually thought he was ok when he came on. Not brilliant, but held up the ball well a few times, which is 10 times better than what most of our team did.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I voted him man of the match for us which shows how fcuking crap we were. Just play him up alongside Lukaku and see what happens. Couldn't get much worse than what I watched yesterday

Woziak

Definitely one of Jose's favourites and right now, he will need as many as he can get. If Nemanja is fit and back then we will line up like this in a 41212 Formation against Spurs.
De Gea
Young Jones Smalling Shaw
N Matic
Lingard Pogba
Feillani
Lukaku Sanchez or Rashford

Plus agree Luke Shaw and Marouane, only 2 players who came out of that game with any credit!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
MOTM for me.
He was on the pitch for 30 minutes, but the guy fights like crazy.
He won us the penalty, which Pogba scored.

When we were chasing the game, I was saying to myself, "just get the ball to Fellaini, so he can lay it off to one of our attackers".

I am not sure he should be starting against top 6 sides (ie. Spurs next week), but against relegation fodder (like Brighton), he should absolutely be starting.
We need this guy and I am glad he re-signed.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Plus agree Luke Shaw and Marouane, only 2 players who came out of that game with any credit!
I have given Luke Shaw a very hard time for being crap for 3 years, but yesterday he fought. One of the few (Fellaini, excepted) who did.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
One of our best players currently. No doubt in my mind on that. Always gives his all and knows his role. Is committed to both defence and attack and is just as effective as any of our players at shaping a game. Should start against Spurs.

He's such an easy option as you know exactly what he is good at, and if you want to play that way he's arguably the best in the world at it. Unfortunately, we'll never progress if hoofball to his chest or head is the style we want to pursue. We just give up any game plan when he comes on.

El Zoido

He's such an easy option as you know exactly what he is good at, and if you want to play that way he's arguably the best in the world at it. Unfortunately, we'll never progress if hoofball to his chest or head is the style we want to pursue. We just give up any game plan when he comes on.
He’s got other attributes. Just because he’s on the field doesn’t mean we have to lump the ball up to him. He’s got enough in his locker to play the ball to feet and he can slot in to a “normal” system.

Ole90+3

He's an exceptional plan B if we're chasing a game however It's really painful seeing him start a game because in those occasions he actually attempts to play like a midfielder.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Surely, games like Sevilla and yesterday indicate something. That something is that as a team we are incompetent and incoherent at many facets of the game regardless of his presence. Fellaini got so much shit after Sevilla and it was not his fault at all. He was just an obvious target as being the antithesis of what some would want us to be. City scored from what an 80 yard assist yesterday. You can play direct effectively or ineffectively. You can play a short game effectively or ineffectively. We are crap at both, which suggests more structural problems that just the players higher up the field.

Francis Abernathy

At the moment, particularly for away games, at least one of Matic or Fellaini should be in the team. It's not ideal as they're not fancy players but in different ways they each give some stability that the other players can organise themselves around.

Matic can fairly comfortably pick up the ball from the centre halves under pressure & with Fellaini there's always the option of a longer out-ball for the defenders/keeper when they're pressed. They also show more mental strength & experience even when they're playing badly.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Moyes must be proud of himself we still play him to this day. Why was he so good yesterday... Is our team that weak ? Is Fellaini surpassing our attacking department altogether ? His impact was almost clear as day to believe it.

That's what we needed not to lose 3:1 against mighty Brighton.

He’s got other attributes. Just because he’s on the field doesn’t mean we have to lump the ball up to him. He’s got enough in his locker to play the ball to feet and he can slot in to a “normal” system.
He does but whenever he is on the pitch thats the tactic we go for.

Foxbatt

But other players should also realise that and get the ball to him in the air while others near him should be able to pick up the second ball. We played tactically so well against Ajax in the Final. What happened to that team? We did not even have Lukaku in that team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think we looked decent once he came on. With Jose days numbered, he should just start Fellaini and play to our strengths. Fans couldn't hate him more anyway. Atleast we could try to win by playing our strengths.

I agree but I think that spine, as big as they are, would be very easy to walk through for opposition teams. Lukaku, Fellaini, Pogba and Matic are all slow off the mark so they get turned over too easily. I always thought we were a better team with Herrera as our DM because he's an excellent interceptor and tackler.

I'd probably swap Rashford for Herrera/Fred/Periera and use them similar to Matuidi for France at the World Cup.

ash_86

I agree but I think that spine, as big as they are, would be very easy to walk through for opposition teams. Lukaku, Fellaini, Pogba and Matic are all slow off the mark so they get turned over too easily. I always thought we were a better team with Herrera as our DM because he's an excellent interceptor and tackler.

I'd probably swap Rashford for Herrera/Fred/Periera and use them similar to Matuidi for France at the World Cup.
Good thought. Herrera could do that role and we don't have a RW anyway, so arnt loosing anything here by playing him.

haram

I did not see the game but I think we should get someone close to Lukaku. We were successful with Lingard as the number 10 last season, but when playing a 3 man midfield you lose that link in there.

I do think that it should perhaps be Martial or Sanchez playing closer to Lukaku though, rather than Fellaini, but you can see why Marouane would be effective.

AR87

But other players should also realise that and get the ball to him in the air while others near him should be able to pick up the second ball. We played tactically so well against Ajax in the Final. What happened to that team? We did not even have Lukaku in that team.
I think Jose has actually tried to change how we play from being so dependent on Fellaini, but has been very unsuccessful in doing so.

Next week feels like a potential pivotal moment, not just for Jose personally, but also for United this season. If I was Jose I'd pick only the players who I know will fight for me no matter what happens. Fellaini would certainly feature in my XI on that basis.

Foxbatt

Yes if he is playing then they need to get the ball in the air to him. Carsten Juncker played for Bayern Munich and they would get the ball in the air to him at every opportunity. (He is 6 foot 4 ins.). So when Fellaini is playing no shame to play to his strength and it is up to the other players to realise this and get the ball to him in the right places and also for them to pick up the second ball. It is absolutely crazy for him to be in the box and for us to try and play it on the floor to him. Why can't our players use their brains at all?

shield

Was surprised with how good he looked even on the ball after seeing our midfield toil all day trying to make simple passes and get dispossessed constantly. Think he should start above Fred, for the time being at least, until Fred has adjusted to the pace of the PL. Won't be pretty, but we might at least get the job done.

Andersons Dietician

Normally dread seeing him come on but yesterday he was easily one of the best players, that chest control is something else.

Canagel

Spine lacks a bit of mobility but I agree with you. The only time we look like we have a plan is when we put those long balls into the box for him to chest down or layoff for others. I can't believe I'm saying this after all the money we've spent but we can't do any worse.
I'd try:

DDG
Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw
Rashford Matic Pogba Fred
Fellaini
Sanchez

Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham

Sylar

WHen I saw him coming on I was thinking, do we really not have anybody else we could bring on?

And tbh, we really dont. Mata was poor weekend. Rashford has been poor.
Martial has been poor when used too.

As much as people criticise Jose for bringing him on when we need a goal, I actually was shocked he was probably our best option and shows how bad the squad is.

probably should have had a penalty too when Trippier pulled him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.