Martial agent looking for a new club for him

dinostar77

Martial's agent is looking for a new club for him. Either a permanent transfer or a season loan with a fee and option to buy. This is because a 'forward' i.e. striker/right winger is coming in this summer and Ole has had enough of Martials attitude in training and his poor performances on the pitch.

Has already been offered to a few clubs around europe.

Source: transfer window podcast (duncan castles).

Barthez

No great loss. He always looks like he just can’t be arsed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Source: Duncan Castles — Nice.

The problem will be the transfer fee we’d want and the salary he’s on. After last season he’s a bit of a punt for any bigger clubs looking at him, and he’s too expensive for any of the clubs in the smaller but still play in Europe bracket.

Judas

Open to offers
Terrible source, but it makes sense. Ole doesn't believe in him to be our number 9 in my opinion, and rightfully so.

He'll have to be prepared to make a step down though, he'll never be a starting striker for a top club I don't think, not without a massive change to his attitude, effort and form.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Give him to Dortmund along with an extra chunk of money and we’ll take Haaland as well as Sancho.

Brophs

The One and Only
We should keep him and then in 3 years time - BAM - he’ll have a pretty good season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Unless we’re bringing in a top striker then he shouldn’t be sold. He’s 25 and was our player of the season a year ago after scoring 25 goals.
Yeah, I revoked my AM9 FC membership this season but I still wouldn’t sell him. Especially if we’re not signing another no.9 — we aren’t.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Unless we’re bringing in a top striker then he shouldn’t be sold. He’s 25 and was our player of the season a year ago after scoring 25 goals.
Much as I’d love to see AM go, dreadfully disappointing career here, I agree with you. We still need numbers. We need another attacker with our current squad (hopefully Sancho) but if we let Martial go then we’d need to sign another, preferably out and out striker.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Admittedly, he had a poor last season. He'd still be a very valuable and a very good squad player. His languid and relaxed style of play seems to suggest he doesn't work as hard as others and if that is the case, any stats around to prove this and any suggestion of attitude issues from within the club?

Raven

If we get rid, we need 2 attackers. Doubt he'll be leaving this summer though.

iKnowNothing

The problem will be the transfer fee we’d want and the salary he’s on. After last season he’s a bit of a punt for any bigger clubs looking at him, and he’s too expensive for any of the clubs in the smaller but still play in Europe bracket.
It’s been spoken about a lot, not necessarily happening of course, but he can potentially be used as a makeweight in a deal involving Harry Kane.

I’m actually surprised he’s not part of a deal with Dortmund for Sancho.

In the PL, I think Spurs and Everton could afford his wages.

I don’t think any of the Spanish giants are interested and I don’t see it any big Italian club will be in for him.

How many more years does he have on his current deal here?

dinostar77

Hence Utd are willing for him to go out on loan with option to buy. If he has a good season at another club then his value goes up.

Sultan

Journalists need not be taken very seriously on most occasions as they need to be controversial to remain relevant to attract clicks.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know Conte has left but I can maybe see Inter going for him because they have had a good time with ex United players.

I don’t see why Madrid would want him even if La Liga as a whole is going a bit in the mud on my point of view.

It’s been spoken about a lot, not necessarily happening of course, but he can potentially be used as a makeweight in a deal involving Harry Kane.

I’m actually surprised he’s not part of a deal with Dortmund for Sancho.

In the PL, I think Spurs and Everton could afford his wages.

I don’t think any of the Spanish giants are interested and I don’t see it any big Italian club will be in for him.

How many more years does he have on his current deal here?
I’ve said as well that if we were to buy Kane, Martial as a makeweight would make sense to everyone.

It’s impossible to replace Kane - but what half decent striker can they buy for less than £50m?

Martial would be perfect for spurs - there would be less focus on him, and frankly he needs a new start.

Zlatans Knee

Torn on this one. Martial on form is a beautiful thing to behold. However those days happen far too infrequently. It would hurt a lot to see him go somewhere else and somehow some manager manages to push the right buttons and Martial becomes the player we all know he has the potential to be.

El Zoido

Admittedly, he had a poor last season. He'd still be a very valuable and a very good squad player. His languid and relaxed style of play seems to suggest he doesn't work as hard as others and if that is the case, any stats around to prove this and any suggestion of attitude issues from within the club?
He seems to suffer greatly from being a squad player. He’s incredibly talented but he’s so frustrating so much of the time.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
This story sounds made up. If his agent was looking for a new club it would be done quietly to ensure minimum damage to the "Martial brand". I would be surprised if he leaves in the summer. I would quite like to see him play with Cavani and Sancho. Cavani won't stand for any of his BS that's for sure.

crossy1686

career ending
We managed without him last season and we could easily manage without him this coming season if we sign Sancho.

James Beattie and Darren Bent scored about 30 goals a season once too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bad idea. Especially with Rashford likely to be out for months.

All teams bar City and PSG have to make sacrifices to build a better squad.

Two players I don’t mind going to help us build a better squad are martial and pogba.

Sultan

The major issue last season was a lack of options to change the match plan mid-game. Semi-finals were lost due to fatigue and a lack of options on the bench. We need to keep our quality players. There are others in the squad that can be moved on to make space and save on salaries.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We managed without him last season and we could easily manage without him this coming season if we sign Sancho.

James Beattie and Darren Bent scored about 30 goals a season once too.
This entire forum moans about the quality of our squad - we’re signing sancho in addition to what we have to create competition for places - like city have and like we used to have as that breeds a winning mentality.. Unless he’s being sold to fund a move for a top striker then he needs to stay. It’s that simple. Martial goes we have a 34 yr old Cavani who gets injured regularly and Greenwood who isn’t ready to lead the line and may also be needed on the right in the likely event rashford misses a chunk of the season following surgery this summer. James Beattie and Martial are entirely different players so wtf your point is I have no clue.

Bondi77

This is a load of shite!
Once we buy another striker and have them on at least a 4yr contract (not just extending another year with Cavani) will we see Martial move on and I don’t think that will be happening this season.

The major issue last season was a lack of options to change the match plan mid-game. Semi-finals were lost due to fatigue and a lack of options on the bench. We need to keep our quality players. There are others in the squad that can be moved on to make space and save on salaries.
like who?

clearly someone like James is not as good as Martial - but its not a case of just moving on less talented players.

if martial going means we can get a decent fee that allows us to buy a top CB then that’s worth doing.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If Ole can coax that player then I agree keep him, competition for places is never a bad thing and improves the squad dynamic.

Alas I really think Martial is a player who blows very hot or very cold and last season he was anonymous for many games. It's an easy stick to beat him with when pundits are lining up to say 'look what Cavani would have done' . There is an element of truth to this however, he was just not making the runs, nowhere near aggressive enough. He has all the skill in the world but unfortunately the application and attitude should be the platform to use that skill and his attitude and application have let him down all too often.

As fans we can really only judge what we see on the pitch. Nobody knows whats going on behind closed doors that could be effecting his time on the field. A change of scenery maybe a good thing.

OL29

The source is suspect but I can believe a lot of people at United are tired of Martial. He's been underwhelming since his first season.
Player of the season and top scorer last season. There’s really no need to exaggerate.