Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Eugenius

We cant rely on martial either.
We're not relying on him, that's precisely why we brought Cavani in. Sancho in, Martial out does nothing to improve the depth of our forward line. Which if you remember Bruno and Rashford were run into the ground last season, and there was no one Ole could bring off the bench last season against Villareal when we needed a goal (unless you want Dan James to get the minutes Martial was getting last season).

If we get a top #9 then yeah he is expendable, but getting rid of him for the sake of it is just pointless and just caf knee jerkism. It's the same thing with Lingard where a bad season = see, I told you he was always rubbish (insert comment about mentality).

jackal&hyde

''Similar level at his best'' doesn't matter when the other players are more consistent than him and work harder for the team and have a much better attitude than him on the pitch. To win major titles consistency is needed and you will never get that from Martial. He has been at the club 6 years, he is not going to miraculously turn into something different from what he is overnight after all that time. After 6 years we know what we are going to get from him. Next year we will go big on another striker when Cavani leaves, guaranteed. So what is the point in Martial hanging around here when he has no future in the first 11 and we have so many talented youth pushing for minutes like Amad and Shoretire? I clearly explained why he won't have a good season, because he won't get the minutes in the first 11 and he'll sulk about being on the bench like he always does. He is not an impact sub type of player, he is the type who will come onto the pitch with a chip on his shoulder about not starting the game.
Only Cavani (that will leave next season) and maybe in the future Greenwood are CF from all those players you keep listing. Letting Martial go this summer would be complete idiocy from management.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
We're not relying on him, that's precisely why we brought Cavani in. Sancho in, Martial out does nothing to improve the depth of our forward line. Which if you remember Bruno and Rashford were run into the ground last season, and there was no one Ole could bring off the bench last season against Villareal when we needed a goal (unless you want Dan James to get the minutes Martial was getting last season).

If we get a top #9 then yeah he is expendable, but getting rid of him for the sake of it is just pointless and just caf knee jerkism. It's the same thing with Lingard where a bad season = see, I told you he was always rubbish (insert comment about mentality).
we are relying on him to come in as backup and do a job, we cant. There is as much chance of him strolling around like a teenager who has been grounded as actually being any use. And Lingard had more than one season where he wasnt good enough.

bosskeano

Someone is definitely leaving and I’m not convinced it’s Pogba. Are we giving up on Pogba in the pivot - moving him to the left and using the Martial+Lingard money to rebuild CM…Cavani/Greenwood up top with Rashford as cover there if needed.
Pogba cant play in a pivot role as he's just too poor defensively. I'd sell both Pogba and Martial if i had the chance.

kiristao

Unless we are signing another striker, we should not be selling Martial. Can't go into the season with just Cavani and Greenwood as our choice of strikers.
It's going to be a long season with a few injuries with players not having had a proper rest. Squad depth will be very very important this year.

buchansleftleg

No rush = we're still open for business! We need to get him out of the club.

Even his most ardent supporters would agree he is a confidence player and not suited to a squad role.

As limited as James is I'd keep him as a squad player for the left sided of attack. He works hard and is a known quantity if you have to throw him into a game as a sub. He will at least run at the defence and create space

Martial can be a total non event at times. Just running into blind alleys and moaning at his team-mates. I think he needs to be moved out and I'd even say at any cost.

UncleBob

We're not shipping him out this summer, there's no point.

An injury to Cavani and we're seriously light up front if we sell Martial without replacing him. Replacing him also makes zero sense this summer, as we'll be trying our best to secure Haaland next summer. It's a pointless risk when we have no idea if we'll see first half of the season Greenwood or last 8 matches Greenwood.

hobbers

We're in no rush to sell him because there's literally no club on the planet interested in him on the £250k wages he's on.

Stellar negotiation work from Matt Judge as per usual.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Trade him for dembele. Straight up.
Christ, I'm not sure who's worst, an injury prone player with the mentality of a biscuit dipped in tea, or a player who I'd argue has regressed in the 6/7 years he's been at the club, and probably also has the mentality of a moist biscuit.

TheLoveless

There is no way Martial will work a sub. He’ll be sulking and radiating disappointment all over the place.

littleman

We have a pretty fluid forward line.

ST- Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford
LW - Rashford, Sancho, Pogba (?)
RW - Sancho, Greenwood, James

I don’t think we’re as bereft of striking options as some want to make out here. And certainly we can bring in someone like an Ings to not stink up the place with sulk

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The other day I was listing all the talent we have up front now we signed Sancho and completely forgot about Martial. He would still be a class squad player to have. One bad season doesn’t change that.

NotQuiteManc

Trade him for dembele. Straight up.
Supposedly, there is a video of him making racist comments. I don't speak French, so I can't verify if the translations are what were actually said by Dembele.

If it's accurate, I don't want anyone like him near United.

UncleBob

We have a pretty fluid forward line.

ST- Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford
LW - Rashford, Sancho, Pogba (?)
RW - Sancho, Greenwood, James

I don’t think we’re as bereft of striking options as some want to make out here. And certainly we can bring in someone like an Ings to not stink up the place with sulk
Since when has he stunk up the place with sulking?

choccy77

Supposedly, there is a video of him making racist comments. I don't speak French, so I can't verify if the translations are what were actually said by Dembele.

If it's accurate, I don't want anyone like him near United.
He's out injured for 3 months anyhow so United wasn't going to sign him anyhow.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is a useful player if he stays - he is a useful player if he goes (transfer fee + wages etc).

Eugenius

There is no way Martial will work a sub. He’ll be sulking and radiating disappointment all over the place.
At various times he was a sub under Mourinho. First for Rashford, second for Sanchez. He ended up playing his way ahead of both into the team. That doesn't sound like a sulker to me.

littleman

At various times he was a sub under Mourinho. First for Rashford, second for Sanchez. He ended up playing his way ahead of both into the team. That doesn't sound like a sulker to me.
Sulks don't make sounds, you just look at them and see their long, sulking faces.

NotQuiteManc

He's out injured for 3 months anyhow so United wasn't going to sign him anyhow.
Yeah, I know. Too many negatives for a supposedly (still) "wonderkid" potential. I think he doesn't have the attitude to take it to the next level beyond the wonderkid hype/level really. Still young enough to change, but at the moment it would be a huge waste to spend money on him.

UncleBob

Why would we let two strikers go in the same window? It doesn't make sense. We should just sell this summer if they're convinced he hasn't got what it takes
1: I said earliest
2: Why would it be a problem to let two strikers go in one window, Cavani is close to retirement (unless he suddenly decides he wants to carry on for one more season).

We've added Sancho, which will hopefully do wonders to our attacking play, the fecker might rediscover the form that was vital to us finishing 4th in the 19/20 season and be an important player next season. There's also the factor that Rashford clearly needs surgery and will be out for some time, so it's not like we're stacked up front at the start of the season.

So unless we have a clear cut first choice lined up for us this summer, there's little reason to boot him out just for the sake of booting him out. It's fairly obvious that Ole wants to go all out for Haaland next summer.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Doesnt matter if we're open to business. There's no one interested in him anyway. Mid table clubs would rather pay way less (money+wages) for other strikers that arent as good as Martial but more predictable while bigger clubs with money would rather play with what they have and wait for Haaland, if they need a goalscorer now they might as well sign Lukaku or Kane. He will still be here next season.

Tallis

I really think there will be buyers for Martial. But we can keep him for another season.

The priority for this season is Pogba. If we don’t sell, we face significant financial loss.

TheLoveless

Beating Sanchez was not very difficult now was it?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is still our second best no9. And we know very well that Cavani can't play every game, especially when they are in 3-4 days space.
So we need him. Selling would be huge mistake

zenith

No way martial is sold this summer. He has a long contract with us and may very well be our starting striker during the season. Cavani will remain a bench option and greenwood would need to be bedded into the role for the first team.

I'm very much looking forward to watching an attacking quad of Sancho, rashford, bruno and martial. They have crazy technical ability and could really light up the league