Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Handré1990

Never any good as a sub, won’t start lots of games when everybody’s fit. Will any other team want him on anything close to the wages he currently has?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
These are all a big dose of confirmation bias. Martial's stats don't back most of those claims up, in fact a big chunk of his goals have come against lower league opposition in cup games or inferior opposition in the Europa League.

You've only got to look at Cavani's game to realise how badly we're missing a quality striker and that Martial had us all fooled for a while that he was one. I'm not saying he definitely won't go on to be a great player but at this stage you wouldn't be frowned upon for betting against him becoming world class.

Martial's game is severely lacking in certain area's to ever really be an effective number 9, and part of the problem is he's not the best in any position we have in the forward line now. For someone who's on £250k a week he should be doing enough to make sure his name is one of the first on the team sheet.
Check his pl stats for those seasons and the mins played. We don't have to consider European or domestic cups.

Yeah Cavani is better 9 but that's not the argument, it's whether Martial had just 1 good season, which is obviously wrong.

OL29

These are all a big dose of confirmation bias. Martial's stats don't back most of those claims up, in fact a big chunk of his goals have come against lower league opposition in cup games or inferior opposition in the Europa League.

You've only got to look at Cavani's game to realise how badly we're missing a quality striker and that Martial had us all fooled for a while that he was one. I'm not saying he definitely won't go on to be a great player but at this stage you wouldn't be frowned upon for betting against him becoming world class.

Martial's game is severely lacking in certain area's to ever really be an effective number 9, and part of the problem is he's not the best in any position we have in the forward line now. For someone who's on £250k a week he should be doing enough to make sure his name is one of the first on the team sheet.
Out of 78 goals he’s scored for us, 55 have been in the league. He’s only scored 6 in the league cup and 5 in the FA Cup. How can you call someone else bias when you try and discredit anything good he’s ever done? You tried to claim that Bellion and Michael Owen were better for United than him :lol: maybe you’re the one with an agenda?

Eugenius

This is genuinely the most baffling (and toxic) thread. It's just person after person queuing up to slag off on their own players. And 90 percent of it is the same droning clichés that you'd expect an ABU like Jenas to wheel out, or rehashed Mourinho nonsense.

Like everyone gets that Martial was shit last season. In the other times though, he's been our top scorer and best outfield player twice, and even in the Mourinho times was largely keeping him in a job and benching Rashford and Sanchez on merit despite clearly not being his preferred player. Hardly the sulker he's made out to be.

Thankfully the people actually making decisions at this club aren't as fickle. He's not consistent enough to be a guaranteed first choice, fair, but when he's on form he's easily one of our best players. Even in the middle of a dog shit season last year, he was motm at the Etihad and scared the hell out of them whenever he had the ball.

But let's flog him for £25M and maybe have enough money to buy a a championship level striker, when Rashford is out for 3 months, and rely on an 35 year old and a 19yo who's played about 10 senior games as a CF. Makes complete sense. Just completely boggles the mind.

snk123

This is genuinely the most baffling (and toxic) thread. It's just person after person queuing up to slag off on their own players. And 90 percent of it is the same droning clichés that you'd expect an ABU like Jenas to wheel out, or rehashed Mourinho nonsense.

Like everyone gets that Martial was shit last season. In the other times though, he's been our top scorer and best outfield player twice, and even in the Mourinho times was largely keeping him in a job and benching Rashford and Sanchez on merit despite clearly not being his preferred player. Hardly the sulker he's made out to be.

Thankfully the people actually making decisions at this club aren't as fickle. He's not consistent enough to be a guaranteed first choice, fair, but when he's on form he's easily one of our best players. Even in the middle of a dog shit season last year, he was motm at the Etihad and scared the hell out of them whenever he had the ball.

But let's flog him for £25M and maybe have enough money to buy a a championship level striker, when Rashford is out for 3 months, and rely on an 35 year old and a 19yo who's played about 10 senior games as a CF. Makes complete sense. Just completely boggles the mind.
Exactly! When you point out he was players player of the year just a year ago - you get 10 more pages of anti martial posts.

Redcy

People comparing him to Henry is an absolute joke. Henry worked his balls off, he didn't fade at the first sign of a bit of adversity. Have a look through Henry's career and tell me after joining Arsenal when was the next time he had a seasons like Martial? Yeah last year at Barca, at 32/33 years of age.

Redcy

To be fair now we might as well keep him, we haven't got any other choice, so lets hope he does well. People don't have a problem with a player who puts in the effort, looks like he gives a shit, United fans have given plenty of leeway to players who offer less than Martial. Martial looks like a man who after being given a massive salary could not be arsed anymore. That will always get up fans noses, you would think a player who had such an awful year would be racing to get back fit and prove a point, knocking down the door to get on in pre-season games, etc. Yes I know he has been injured, and it looks like he won't be there for the start to the season. Again Martial feels way too comfortable as he knows right now there are not many more choices for Ole, so he can still mooch around at 50%, pull 250k a week and be the main striker.

sokol11

To cut a long story short. I don't care how some patches of form looked like. Is he good enough to be a lead striker for United? No. Will he ever be good enough? No. (no workrate and weak mentality). If possible sell in this window and take Pogba with him. I would genuinely rather have Danny Ings as a stop gap striker with Cavani and Greenwood for a year or two than Martial at this point.

ghagua

Henry is the best striker I have ever seen. Martial is not going to get near him at all, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good enough player for United or play an important role in a title-winning team. It also doesn't mean there can't be similarities in their games, stylistically.
Not a question of talent with Martial, but the effort.

2 questions for you:

1) Do you think Martial can be the main striker on the team if we are to push for the title?

2) Do you think he will be happy and perform if he was to be a squad player?

bosskeano

can we sell martial to Villa or Spurs? once both their top players leave for City

kiristao

Unless the plan is to play Pogba out on the left of the front 3, we can't really afford to sell Martial now that Rashford will be out for a while.
With the amount of games this season and players playing with barely any break for a while now, we can't go into the season with just Cavani, Sancho, Greenwood and Amad as our options for the front 3.

flappyjay

Never any good as a sub, won’t start lots of games when everybody’s fit. Will any other team want him on anything close to the wages he currently has?
Why do people like pushing fake narratives? He started out as a sub in José's 2nd and 3rd seasons and both times he won his spot. Last season was a really weird season for him. Even those that aren't fans of his could tell that normally he contributes way more than he did last season. He was terrible.

flappyjay

So far I believe of our big name senior players he is the only one who hasn't appeared in any of our merchandise marketing campaigns. The likes of lingard, Pogba and James who look closer to the door than him have appeared kit adverts. He might not be fit but nothing stops from going to a quick photo shoot. Maybe I am reading too much into nothing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I highly doubt they want him.
Spurs have shown a lot of interest in him at least twice in the past, if not three times. Whether that would still be the case is another question. I guess if we look at his last two seasons, in one of them he wasn't good enough for Spurs (let alone us) but in the other he would have probably been their best player if you take out Kane. They'd have to figure out if they think they'll get more of the good or not. The same decision we have to make when it comes to whether we want to sell him.

I don't think he's going anywhere though.

Hammondo

Spurs have shown a lot of interest in him at least twice in the past, if not three times. Whether that would still be the case is another question. I guess if we look at his last two seasons, in one of them he wasn't good enough for Spurs (let alone us) but in the other he would have probably been their best player if you take out Kane. They'd have to figure out if they think they'll get more of the good or not. The same decision we have to make when it comes to whether we want to sell him.

I don't think he's going anywhere though.
What interest? I've not seen any offers made.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What interest? I've not seen any offers made.
They tried to sign him at the same time we did, and then there were a lot of strong reports that they wanted him during the time Mourinho wanted him sold (before Glazer/Woodward let it be known we wouldn't sell). Pretty sure there was a third time that there were some rumours as well, but that one didn't seem as legit.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

I agree. People are also assuming that Cavani will both stay fit and play at the level he did for the last month of the season which is no certainty.

Handré1990

Why do people like pushing fake narratives? He started out as a sub in José's 2nd and 3rd seasons and both times he won his spot. Last season was a really weird season for him. Even those that aren't fans of his could tell that normally he contributes way more than he did last season. He was terrible.
I seem to remember him starting one game and Rashford the next, and so on. I’m talking about as a bench option, and I can honestly remember him having about three good games from the bench, though it’s not fact, just my impression. His style doesn’t suit us when we need to hurry up and chase a draw or a win, and fight for every ball.

lsd

The Oracle
Could we use him to strike a deal with Tottenham?

If only Spurs are that stupid. Sadly like too many players in our squad we are stuck with him because we overpay him and no other club wants him

KennyBurner

So far I believe of our big name senior players he is the only one who hasn't appeared in any of our merchandise marketing campaigns. The likes of lingard, Pogba and James who look closer to the door than him have appeared kit adverts. He might not be fit but nothing stops from going to a quick photo shoot. Maybe I am reading too much into nothing.
This site is the matrix :lol: :lol: :lol:

OrcaFat

Good player but rotten form off and on and for quite a while now. I think he can get back to form but if not, there’ll be no takers at his wages.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Regardless of if you want him to stay or go, rate him or don't, he isn't a cf. He doesn't have the movement in the box or the predators instinct for it.

Threesus

Hope Spurs come in for him with that Kane money.
We need him, at least for this season. He has a chance to prove his doubters wrong, and we are light up top, unless you think Elanga, amad or Pellistri are going to contribute significantly this season.

pascell

We need him, at least for this season. He has a chance to prove his doubters wrong, and we are light up top, unless you think Elanga, amad or Pellistri are going to contribute significantly this season.
I think Sancho, Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford and Amad are good enough options.

Martial merely contributed himself last season, it's time for him to move on, along with Pogba.

El Zoido

Got a feeling he’s going to have a good season, and the haters will be eating their words.

Hammondo

They tried to sign him at the same time we did, and then there were a lot of strong reports that they wanted him during the time Mourinho wanted him sold (before Glazer/Woodward let it be known we wouldn't sell). Pretty sure there was a third time that there were some rumours as well, but that one didn't seem as legit.
I don't see any value in "strong reports"

Judas

Open to offers
Got a feeling he’s going to have a good season, and the haters will be eating their words.
Im not a hater, more a non believer I suppose. But I don’t think anyone on here doesn’t want to be proved wrong? I’d love him to have an amazing season, I just don’t have any real belief in him sadly.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Don't think we can sell him this Summer. Rashford is out for a while and Cavani can't play anything like every game so unless we are signing a top class striker which would be very unlikely then we need him.

Greenwood will get plenty of gametime but I think it will be spread around a couple of positions. Maybe Martial might be inspired by some new players - if not we can try and sell him next year.

We have bigger issues than him at the moment i.e. midfield.

eltigreFalcao

Martial is going to be influential in our upcoming campaing, that's my bet. He still has a lot to give and we could fairly use it for good. I don't see the need of selling him now whilst we do have more average players we should be offloading first. If you tell me next season sell Martial to fund Haaland, I'll do it, as much as I like Martial as a United player. But this campaing, with Greenwood still developing and Cavani turning older, he has a lot in there for us.

worldinmotion66

Me too. He's not nearly as bad as people seem to think. Had a shocker last season but I think the directness of Sancho in the side will really help him. Can see a front three of Martial - Cavani - Sancho blossoming while Rashford is out.

Pronewbie

Peep
Martial is going to be influential in our upcoming campaing, that's my bet. He still has a lot to give and we could fairly use it for good. I don't see the need of selling him now whilst we do have more average players we should be offloading first. If you tell me next season sell Martial to fund Haaland, I'll do it, as much as I like Martial as a United player. But this campaing, with Greenwood still developing and Cavani turning older, he has a lot in there for us.
I think you're right. With so many players out at the start he needs to be instrumental. I just hope he doesn't choke.