Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Who's got that money this summer? Only PSG, Chelsea or City and none of them want him
Again, if you'd have read what I put you'd understand.

All of this presumes he's available, which by all other accounts he isn't.

But in answer to your question, plenty of clubs have money this window, just not many of them need a striker.

Cloud7

It wasn’t very long ago that Martial was my favorite player at United. Now I find myself struggling to care about this once we replace him properly.

I’m tired of being sentimental with our staff. If you don’t deliver you should be evicted. We need to be more ruthless.

Judas

Open to offers

But in answer to your question, plenty of clubs have money this window, just not many of them need a striker.
Name some of the plenty of clubs though, because I can't think of them.

crossy1686

career ending

Of course he's available for £60m! That's pretty much what Grealish costs who's twice the player. We've be fecking mad to turn that down.

You do realise there is an ongoing pandemic and there hasn't been any fans in stadiums for over a year right? You do know that is a major source of income for 99% of clubs in existence?

Dazzmondo

Martial had a bad season and I'm not completely against selling him but we aren't going to be signing a striker so this makes me a bit concerned we could be weakening the squad. It's pretty much just Mason as back up for this season if we sell Martial which weakens our options on the right (I assume Amad will have more of a role this season to make up for this but still a bit worrying)

Champ

He’s had two good seasons in six

He’s definitely stalled
Stalled from what? His first game? He was unplayable at times the season before last. That would suggest progression. Injuries have taken their toll this season however.

Champ

Of course he's available for £60m! That's pretty much what Grealish costs who's twice the player. We've be fecking mad to turn that down.

You do realise there is an ongoing pandemic and there hasn't been any fans in stadiums for over a year right? You do know that is a major source of income for 99% of clubs in existence?
That's incorrect but never mind.

And Grealish would cost a lot lot more than £60m. :lol:

Dazzmondo

You're crazy if you think anyone could get Grealish for £60m. He isn't going for anything less than £100m (def won't be going anywhere this season)

Dinghy

This is pure bs. Calling it now, Martial to have a better season than Sancho.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why? Ole has tried to sign a striker in every transfer window since he became manager - what does that tell you? He’s also tried to buy a certain type of striker - and it isn’t one of the profile of Martial.

Look, I understand people rate his talent - but this is Utd and it waits for nobody. He isn’t producing and last season was a significant step backwards. I don’t see anything in his game that tells me he can be a striker you hang your hat on to get you goals consistently. I see someone who will produce a great flick or turn but ultimately might just lack final product a lot of the time.
Ole asking for a target man does not mean he wants rid of Martial. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Dazzmondo

We should keep him for another season and sell him next season.

Cavani / Mason, Rashford / Martial, Sancho / Amad. He can leave next season and we can sign a striker and hopefully have either of Elanga or Pellistri be the backup to Rashford.
This would be my preference tbh. I think Haaland is obviously our top target next season. That would be the ideal time to move Martial on. We look very bare up front if we sell Martial this season imo.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Martial's agent is looking for a new club for him. Either a permanent transfer or a season loan with a fee and option to buy. This is because a 'forward' i.e. striker/right winger is coming in this summer and Ole has had enough of Martials attitude in training and his poor performances on the pitch.

Has already been offered to a few clubs around europe.

Source: transfer window podcast (duncan castles).
good news.

He doesnt have the minerals

OL29

He seems to fancy himself enough to play for Madrid. Originally when Pogba said he was off a few seasons ago, there was a leak that said Martial was telling Pogba not to forget him when he gets to Madrid and to keep in touch so he can join him in a couple of seasons (or words to that effect).

If he thinks he can get away with his current levels of performance at Madrid, then he's in for a serious wake up call.

He'll be playing for Monaco again within 2 seasons.
Do you have a credible source for this? Because this just seems like another made up reason to hate the guy.
I find it really strange how posters are so quick to believe anything that they read on Pogba and Martial and use it as a stick to beat them with, especially considering how the media love to manipulate stories around United players.

Slysi17

Greenwood, Cavani, James, Sancho, Lingard all able to play upfront
Lingard and James are even worse though. Why even mention them. An off form Martial is still better than those 2. Lingard is going to be sold as he had been on loan at West Ham. If we want to progress we can't keep Lingard and even Daniel James. Rather Amad Diallo got given a chance

Much as i would love him to work out here it makes sense.

As a wide forward he's not getting games. Rashford, Greenwood, possibly Sancho and/or Grealish. He's not starting ahead of any of them.

As a striker, which is what he wants to be, he's obviously not good enough. Flashes here and there but he can't do it consistently enough to get that position. Even when fit he's on the verge of being benched by a 34 year old Cavani.

Pavl3n

We shouldn't sell Martial right now. Maybe in a season time. We need depth in attack. Cavani can't play all the minutes and a healthy competition for the rest of the playing minutes between Tony and gunman Mason should yield better results. Tony could also play on the left wing, so that should give some extra time for some of the youngsters to be protected from too much pressure (unlike Januszaj and Rashford, who had to step up at early age).
When next summer comes around he'll still have 2 years left and should be on the back of a better season than last, still commanding decent transfer fee. And bring a replacement then.
However if he's found a club willing to pay £60m+ during this window I would gladly open the door for him on his way out.

LonelyFire

Ole asking for a target man does not mean he wants rid of Martial. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
It’s an indication of the type of No.9 he wants - Martial does not fit that profile, therefore, he needs to compromise on style.

We don’t really know the truth but the idea that he might want rid of him isn’t that ridiculous - I’m just saying signs are there.

RuudTom83

The media are really running with this idea Ole is not happy with player x attitude in training...hehe total bollocks but if it makes there job easier for a few days then why not.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Agents always look for new clubs for the clients, it’s either for contract extension or wage increase. That’s what they are paid for by the client. The client can just focus on their football while agents take care of their career. That’s the basic idea of agent. They advice/suggest, it’s then up to the players. Martial has serious competitions at the club. It doesn’t take a genius to come out with this story.

LonelyFire

He signed two backup strikers. It's like saying Ole wants to get rid of Rashford because he signed a winger in every transfer window.
You think he wanted Haaland as a backup? You think he signed Cavani as a backup? That’s a no on both counts for meOf course
Ighalo was but the other two weren’t.

I don’t really get why people are surprised at the thought of this happening. He hasnt developed as well as he should have and he’s spending time injured every season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You think that's bs about him struggling? Man did you see any of our games at the time?

When Mou came and bought Zlatan, Martial was sad because he wasn't gonna play as a striker and Zlatan got no9. Then Mou's 2nd season he couldn't (didn't want?) compete with THAT Alexis. And finally this year he was abysmal and he couldn't compete with the 34 year old Cavani. What more do you want?

Overall he had 2 great seasons (his first one and last year) and 4 mediocre to shit.
That's not completely true though. Mourinho quite obviously didn't like him yet Martial forced his way into the starting line-up two different times through out-performing his competitors.

15/16 - Good season
16/17 - Poor season. Moved to a new fulltime position on the left, playing under a new manager who obviously didn't like him, stripped of his shirt number, and having a very messy break-up with his ex who was making it public. All as a 20yo kid. Greenwood just had quite a similar season (at least until the final month or two when he finally started kicking into form) and he 'only' had to deal with the issues with England at the start of the season.
17/18 - Was comfortably outperforming Rashford for the position on the left, but Mourinho kept favouring Rashford for far too long. Eventually even Jose had to install Martial as first choice. Despite being our best performing attacker at the time, once Sanchez came in he got moved over to the right (where he's never been able to play) and never got a run of games again.
18/19 - Started the season in and out of the team again, had a few great games and a few stinkers (which was still performing better than Sanchez). Finally got a proper run when Jose was about to be fired and (along with Pogba) pretty much single-handedly kept him in the job for a couple of extra months. Second half of the season he was in and out of the team through injury and illness.
19/20 - Great season.
20/21 - Dreadful season.

So I think it's unfair to claim he was simply struggling with the competition of Zlatan and Sanchez. He was having to deal with a hell of a lot for a young player in the first case, and in the second he wasn't given the chance to compete for way too long. At other times he happily competed with Rashford and Sanchez and beat them both. This season with Cavani is really the first time where it's accurate but the hope is that it was a one-off and may or may not have anything to do with Cavani.

Overall it was two good seasons, two seasons where he was good when he actually got a run of games but didn't get to show whether he could maintain it (through no real fault of his own either time), and two poor seasons. So while he's definitely been inconsistent it hasn't been as bad as you made out.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Much as i would love him to work out here it makes sense.

As a wide forward he's not getting games. Rashford, Greenwood, possibly Sancho and/or Grealish. He's not starting ahead of any of them.

As a striker, which is what he wants to be, he's obviously not good enough. Flashes here and there but he can't do it consistently enough to get that position. Even when fit he's on the verge of being benched by a 34 year old Cavani.
The biggest issue for him with Cavani’s signing isn’t that Cavani has given him competition for that position, it’s that Cavani had demonstrated in the absolutely starkest terms just where Martial is lacking.

When you have a 34 year old not only using his nouse and experience with clever movements but also busting a gut from the first minute to the 90th minute to hassle, pressure and develop opportunities for himself and his team mates, it really shows up what a static, low energy player Martial is and we don’t have space in the team for that sort of player anymore.

Jaxa

Before we go any further, explain what Martial has achieved at United to warrant a £40 million transfer fee?
Why ? To educate you on modern day football, i've got better things to do on a Saturday , let's just agree to disagree and get on with our Saturdays eh

But I will leave you with this to do your own research if you care, compare this against other 30-40m pound transfers in last few seasons and realise why asking for 40m is not insane.

Plus you never answered my question, how much do you think he's worth ?

2015/16 - 11 goals , 4 assists
2016/17 - 5 goals , 6 assists
2017/18 - 9 goals - 5 assists
2018/19 - 10 goals - 2 assists
2019/20 - 21 goals , 6 assists
2020/11 - 4 goals , 3 assists

LonelyFire

The biggest issue for him with Cavani’s signing isn’t that Cavani has given him competition for that position, it’s that Cavani had demonstrated in the absolutely starkest terms just where Martial is lacking.

When you have a 34 year old not only using his nouse and experience with clever movements but also busting a gut from the first minute to the 90th minute to hassle, pressure and develop opportunities for himself and his team mates, it really shows up what a static, low energy player Martial is and we don’t have space in the team for that sort of player anymore.
Nail on the head.

Brophs

The One and Only

Absolutely. He’s not worth the time or the effort at this stage.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Nailed it.

Judas

Open to offers

That basically sums it up for me. I know what I personally want from a striker after a season of watching Cavani, it was a real wakeup call to what we've been missing for a very long time. Martial will never be that player.

Drainy

Every time he's had senior competition brought in his head has dropped, while other players in the same boat have resolved to learn from them and compete. His mentality is extremely poor.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Despite all this having been obvious for years, can’t wait for the thread about how people want him back every time he scores a goal.

RedDevil@84

That basically sums it up for me. I know what I personally want from a striker after a season of watching Cavani, it was a real wakeup call to what we've been missing for a very long time. Martial will never be that player.
Bring back Zlatan even now and he will offer way more than what Martial ever offers.