Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Dominos

United will be looking at a top striker next season. But, I would let Martial go this season if someone will pay us a good price. I like his talent but he is like Pogba, talented but not exactly fit the way we want to play.
How does that help us this season? We'll be down to aging Cavani who has to be rotated every other game, a young Greenwood who is probably more suited to wide right for the time being, and an injured Rashford who again plays best out on the left.

Dan_F

Why isn’t he playing in the friendlies? Surely he’s not injured still?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Martial tearing it up for the Spuds?? Feck, no!

That fecker's going to do what he's always done at United...sit the haters down! No way should we be getting rid of Martial.

Dan_F

If you paid attention to the managers interviews you would have found out and Tony and Donny are a week behind everyone else and were training by themselves. Id say they will be involved vs Brentford.
Surely a week behind would mean the same condition everyone else was in against Derby. Was just curious as I (wrongly) assumed he’d be back for the start of pre season.

The United

How does that help us this season? We'll be down to aging Cavani who has to be rotated every other game, a young Greenwood who is probably more suited to wide right for the time being, and an injured Rashford who again plays best out on the left.
Meaning he will have to go sooner or later and we don't really need him this season. We are pretty much packed for our front line.

Greenwood will be playing thru the middle more often than not this season. This has always been a plan. Ole will give him the chance to become a CF this season. Not to mentioned Martial does not really do well with rotation.

sp_107

A sunday tabloid reporting that Spurs want Martial for £50m (Utd asking price allegedly). £50m? I'd bite their hands off at that price.
They will have Kane's money to burn and their DOF rates Martial so there might be some truth behind these rumours

Challenges : Joel Glazer still likes him as he once compared Martial to Pele AND other challenge is his wages(250K)

We could get 50M only if we are ready to pay back 15M to his new club to cover some of his wages....but still its worth to get 35M on him at the same time we can offload 250K a week money on some one so inconsistent like this.

Spurs or Dortmund might take him if we off him on less transfer fee to cover his wages

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He will do well at Spurs and will be apt replacement for Kane. I bet he will be another case that shows how much fans underappreciate the talent we have here at United and he will go on to do well over there and secure a big money moves later to a big club

arthurka

He will do well at Spurs and will be apt replacement for Kane. I bet he will be another case that shows how much fans underappreciate the talent we have here at United and he will go on to do well over there and secure a big money moves later to a big club
You see him bother running much there?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
£250,000 a week.

He's not going anywhere. He's our very own Ousmane Dembele.
Okay player that's massively overpaid and can never be sold.

Eplel

If he's valued at 50M, make a £90M + Martial offer to Dortumund in exchange for Haaland.

Cecc07

Martial will tear apart the Bundesliga. He is still very good player(but in a bad form) and in ultra atacking team like BVB he will excel. 40-50 mln is normal price for him especially if he is sold to league rival like Tottenham.

Dominos

Meaning he will have to go sooner or later and we don't really need him this season. We are pretty much packed for our front line.

Greenwood will be playing thru the middle more often than not this season. This has always been a plan. Ole will give him the chance to become a CF this season. Not to mentioned Martial does not really do well with rotation.
Disagree completely. If you think about it logically, Greenwood will have to start the season on the right wing and Sancho on the left because Rashford is injured for a while, with Cavani up top. And then factor in Cavani needs resting every other game, and we're liable to pick up other injuries along the way, there's no way we should let Martial go without replacing him.

The United

Disagree completely. If you think about it logically, Greenwood will have to start the season on the right wing and Sancho on the left because Rashford is injured for a while, with Cavani up top. And then factor in Cavani needs resting every other game, and we're liable to pick up other injuries along the way, there's no way we should let Martial go without replacing him.
I don't know what you are disagreeing with. The fact that Greenwood will be tried in the middle more ( of course, he will have matches where he plays from right - which is an asset) or Martial not responding well to rotation.

And, you could always start James on the left or right if Rashford will be out for awhile. Not to mentioned the likes of Lingard, Pogba if he stays can do a job on the left. And, there is Amad.

Having Cavani, Martial and Greenwood for one spot looks great but none will be happy and one is known to sulk if he gets rotated. So, there is not much benefit to having all 3. That's being logical.

dinostar77

That was the brief from Utd that Greenwood would play understudy to Cavani if they signed a right winger.

If Utd hadn't if signed a right winger ut a striker then Greenwood would have remained out wide for the season.

Regardless we have plenty of options on the wongs and some good young players comimg through who need a chance. So martial is surplus to requirements ( i can only hope).

Bondi77

So why isn't he doing it here then?

Dominos

I don't know what you are disagreeing with. The fact that Greenwood will be tried in the middle more ( of course, he will have matches where he plays from right - which is an asset) or Martial not responding well to rotation.

And, you could always start James on the left or right if Rashford will be out for awhile. Not to mentioned the likes of Lingard, Pogba if he stays can do a job on the left. And, there is Amad.

Having Cavani, Martial and Greenwood for one spot looks great but none will be happy and one is known to sulk if he gets rotated. So, there is not much benefit to having all 3. That's being logical.
I'm disagreeing we should have no worries going into the season with such threadbare attacking options. Ole doesn't trust most of these squad players, his refusal to make subs in the Europa final demonstrated this. We didn't have a single player to come on and change the game. Saying we have Dan James and so don't need a replacement for Martial fills no one with confidence other than you. Lingard and Pogba are far more likely to leave than Martial.

Cavani, Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood will be just 4 players senior first team players for the front 3 spots who Ole actually trusts. Of those, Cavani needs to be constantly rested and Rashford is injured for months. Any injury problems and we'd be screwed.

The United

I'm disagreeing we should have no worries going into the season with such threadbare attacking options. Ole doesn't trust most of these squad players, his refusal to make subs in the Europa final demonstrated this. We didn't have a single player to come on and change the game. Saying we have Dan James and so don't need a replacement for Martial fills no one with confidence other than you. Lingard and Pogba are far more likely to leave than Martial.

Cavani, Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood will be just 4 players senior first team players for the front 3 spots who Ole actually trusts. Of those, Cavani needs to be constantly rested and Rashford is injured for months. Any injury problems and we'd be screwed.
There are a lot of ifs in your post. Of course, shite happens but we can't keep a bloated squad around. More importantly, good players don't respond well to being rotated. Squad players will be used when necessary.

There is no such thing like a player coming to change a game from the bench on his own every game. If he is that good, he will be playing from the start unless if you are Ole but Marital is far from being a Ole.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
So why isn't he doing it here then?
He has not been to bad here. He won our player of season the season before last one. I believe it has to do with how the managers utilizes him. Martial shouldn’t be used as a traditional no 9, but rather as a false 9. Regardless, same question could be asked Depay, Lingard, pogba, Lukaku, and so on.

littleman

Looks like Martial is staying for another season for sure.

With Cavani, Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood.. there's going to be fierce competition to play. May the best players play.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't think Martial has a problem with competition, he's come back from very far after his second season (Mourinho's first), so I think questioning his desire to compete is wrong. He's just been extremely poor, even towards the end of his PotS award where he could not finish to save his life. It seems to me that Martial's never followed up a good season with another good one, but he's also never followed up a bad one with another bad one, so I expect him to turn it up this season, and in Sancho he has someone who can help him regain his confidence. He can also work with Cavani if Ole played around with the formation a bit.

The main thing is his contract, there is no way anyone takes him on these wages, and I'd be surprised if he'd be willing to take a pay cut.

Matt851

He has not been to bad here. He won our player of season the season before last one. I believe it has to do with how the managers utilizes him. Martial shouldn’t be used as a traditional no 9, but rather as a false 9. Regardless, same question could be asked Depay, Lingard, pogba, Lukaku, and so on.
Weird comparisons

Martial was utterly horrendous last season and his form late the season before looks to be an outlier

When he is out of form he barely looks like he belongs on the league. Let alone deserving to play for a cl club

sokol11

That fecker's going to do what he's always done at United...sit the haters down! No way should we be getting rid of Martial.
Sell him the sooner the better. Doesn't have the mentality and drive to go with the talent. The longer we wait we are just delaying inevitable. He will never be good enough.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

That fecker's going to do what he's always done at United...ponce about, play well for a bit, then face some adversity and crumble like a hooker punched by a fat man
fixed

crossy1686

career ending
No more news about him leaving, with only Spurs seemingly interested, it's probably not the Madrid or PSG move he thought would come beckoning once his agent started shopping him around (if indeed he has been).

Big season needed though this year. Pivotal point in his career where many are more than ready to write him off at the top level. I won't hold my breath on him but I seriously hope he finds a full season of good form for our sake.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Martial will tear apart the Bundesliga. He is still very good player(but in a bad form) and in ultra atacking team like BVB he will excel. 40-50 mln is normal price for him especially if he is sold to league rival like Tottenham.
He will have the odd great game to convince everybody that he is great, only to be mediocre for the next 6 games

Blood Mage

Too risky to let him join Spurs. He's a still a very good player when he's in the mood.

Flying high

Any luck yet? Should we create an Ebay listing?
I just don't get this attitude.

He may not be your favourite player, but surely when we are finally getting a good squad together, we don't want to be selling a very good option from the bench.

Gopher Brown

When was the last time he did this exactly?

Godfather

I'd also keep him. Still has a lot to offer. I hope he he has the right motivation for the upcoming season.

Matt851

I'd also keep him. Still has a lot to offer. I hope he he has the right motivation for the upcoming season.
He has proven over the course of several seasons he wont have the right attitude and if he does it will last for a few months max. He is one of our top earners and a senior player in this squad and his attitude and performances are often garbage

Godfather

He has proven over the course of several seasons he wont have the right attitude and if he does it will last for a few months max. He is one of our top earners and a senior player in this squad and his attitude and performances are often garbage
Sadly he has been very inconsistent yes. But with Rashford undergoing a major operation he might be valuable for our squad.