Martial agent looking for a new club for him

wolvored

Long term I do think he'll become obsolete, I just don't see the sense in selling him this season, even if we use the funds to buy a midfielder. With Rashford looking likely to miss the start of the season, and Cavani only capable of starting one match a week, I think he'll be needed on the left wing and up top. Despite his poor form last season, he's still a better option than Dan James on the left, and arguably he knows how to play the CF position better than Greenwood.
Sancho can play left and greenwood right. We really dont need Martial.

OL29

No such thing as injuries right
Exactly. And I don’t think it’s a great idea to put so much pressure on those two to perform with Sancho being in his first season and Greenwood struggling for large parts of last season. At least Martial gives another option to rotate, and I’d sooner trust him than Dan James.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Absolute stinkers :lol:

What about the season he had 10 goals and 10 assists by January, only to be dropped for Sanchez? What about the following season where he was on fire until January and his season was effectively ended by injury? You're utterly delusional if you're referring to either of those seasons as "absolute stinkers".

It's garbage like this that allows me to sift through posters who should be taken seriously and those who shouldn't. Thanks for saving me some time.
You are welcome. You are delusional if you think Martial has lived up to expectations. See you around, I won't miss you. :)

The United Irishman

You said "absolute stinkers". Do you stand by that statement? Or were you just using annoying hyperbole for the sake of it?
Of course I stand by it. Let me ask you a few questions. Do you believe Martial does not deserve any criticism? Do you believe that he has had a great United career so far? He is the one player on these forums that the slightest bit of criticism is met with fierce resistance and blind ignorance. I just call it as I see it.

I've already stated that I'd rather we sold him and get someone in like another Chicharito (someone who just scores goals). I don't know how many times we have to say it, we have been waiting for Martial to turn into a world class forward for 6 seasons now and it just has not happened. Some people in here refuse to believe that though.

Raven

Of course I stand by it. Let me ask you a few questions. Do you believe Martial does not deserve any criticism? Do you believe that he has had a great United career so far? He is the one player on these forums that the slightest bit of criticism is met with fierce resistance and blind ignorance. I just call it as I see it.

I've already stated that I'd rather we sold him and get someone in like another Chicharito (someone who just scores goals). I don't know how many times we have to say it, we have been waiting for Martial to turn into a world class forward for 6 seasons now and it just has not happened. Some people in here refuse to believe that though.
I've not given my opinion in Martial, everything you think I've said is something you've said. He deserves criticism for last season, absolutely, no issue there. But to say that he's had nothing but terrible seasons bar his 2 excellent seasons is just embarrassingly wrong and really shows how little you know about United and it's players.

Polar

Hmm… I’m not really sure about Martial. One part of me wants to give him another try, another part of me says it’s a nobrainer if we get £40-50m for him.

The United Irishman

I've not given my opinion in Martial, everything you think I've said is something you've said. He deserves criticism for last season, absolutely, no issue there. But to say that he's had nothing but terrible seasons bar his 2 excellent seasons is just embarrassingly wrong and really shows how little you know about United and it's players.
Are you actually claiming the other 4 seasons he had good seasons? You say you have not had your opinion on Martial but it is clear that any kind of criticism of him riles you up the wrong way.

You are only embarrassing yourself lad. To have a go at other posters claiming they know little about the club they support or it's players, it's almost like no one can have an opinion if you don't agree with them, right?

See you around. :)

Last edited:

Chief123

I must have spent the last 5 summers in the hope that we are about to see the best of Martial. I think he really is running out of time now. I can’t believe he’s going to be 26 soon!

I’ve been waiting 5 years just for him to use his pace and get on the end of a through ball. Sadly, I think he’s going to be a very talented player who never fulfilled his potential.

Chief123

The truth is, he has delivered a lot less than is needed in the 5/6 years he’s been here.

Raven

Are you actually claiming the other 4 seasons he had good seasons? You say you have not had your opinion on Martial but it is clear that any kind of criticism of him riles you up the wrong way.

You are only embarrassing yourself lad. To have a go at other posters claiming they know little about the club they support or it's players, it's almost like no one can have an opinion if you don't agree with them, right?

See you around. :)
He's had 2 bad seasons, 2 good seasons and 2 excellent seasons. Not sure why people feel the need to talk bollocks. If he doesn't perform this season, he should be out, that's my opinion on the matter. What I don't agree with is outright lies about his time here.

Would you say 10 goals and 10 assists from the wing in half a season is an "absolute stinker"? Would you say 12 goals from the wing in half a season, whilst carrying the team, is an "absolute stinker"? If the answer to either of these questions is no, then you'll have to admit you're talking shit.

The United Irishman

He's had 2 bad seasons, 2 good seasons and 2 excellent seasons. Not sure why people feel the need to talk bollocks. If he doesn't perform this season, he should be out, that's my opinion on the matter. What I don't agree with is outright lies about his time here.

Would you say 10 goals and 10 assists from the wing in half a season is an "absolute stinker"? Would you say 12 goals from the wing in half a season, whilst carrying the team, is an "absolute stinker"? If the answer to either of these questions is no, then you'll have to admit you're talking shit.
2 good seasons? you are taking shit mate. Its clear you can't stand anyone criticising this player. Everyone is talking 'bollocks' and 'shit' because they don't agree with you. Open your eyes.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Unless a silly bid comes in, I'd rather he'd stay for another campaign.
You can not have enough quality in our squad and on his day he is a quality player but he needs to accept that he's likely going to be starting the campaign on the bench.

He'll feature though, no doubt. Its a long season and players need rest or are out injured.

Raven

2 good seasons? you are taking shit mate. Its clear you can't stand anyone criticising this player. Everyone is talking 'bollocks' and 'shit' because they don't agree with you. Open your eyes.
So 10 goals and 10 assists from the wing in half a season is shite? Cool, good man.

Green_Red

I think we should be looking to keep him. The guy has a bit of pride right, not being guaranteed a starting place might push him to improve in training, which will create competition. That will help everyone push on. He's getting paid well, why would he leave? Just to be in the first team somewhere?

If anyone is going it should be James.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We have only 2 CFs really in Cavani and Martial who can really play the position properly. Cavani has a nose for goal but is old and offers little in thr buildup. Martial's movement/goal threat is a bit lacking but his technical qualities are excellent and he has the best hold up play in the team.

So I can't see any reason to sell him before we identifying a long term CF for this team.

Greenwood needs time to develop for that role. It's too early to put all our eggs in that basket.

dove

We cannot sell Martial unless we sign another striker which we doubt we will. Martial is the only player besides Cavani who can play as a centre forward. He had a very bad last season no doubts but let's not forget he got 17 league goals just a year ago with the same manager. I see absolutely no reason he couldn't do it again especially since our attacking play should improve now we got Sancho. But this should definitely be his last season if he fails to impress again.

Raven

It's why this story is bollocks like you mentioned.
There are many reasons. One being that we want to keep him, I suspect.

My point was that this thread should be closed, I wasn't asking why he's not gone yet.

Glorio

Sancho can play left and greenwood right. We really dont need Martial.
Martial as bad as he was last season is the only other player who can play as a number 9 I feel. Last season the good performances were few and far between and his movement was horrible but he still looked more natural there than Greenwood or Rashford. At worst he was at least a body there that occasionally held up the ball. Greenwood just vacates the area at this stage of his career and Rashford spends the game offside and doesn't challenge for any ball (probably to do with his shoulder) If we had a backup number 9 I would have agreed with you but we don't.

I actually think the season playing as a 9 has caused him to regress as a wide player - last season when he played wide, unless he had acres to run into, he was actually playing with his back to goal and would almost always try to lay off the ball for someone else or just pass it back. :houllier:

Steve 007

I really like Martial but he’s inconsistent. Everybody knows there’s a great player in there but he just isn’t reliable.
I think he’ll go on to be an amazing player somewhere else unfortunately. He’s proved for us that he’s more Nani than Ronaldo. I’d take 50m for him right now but doubt anyone would pay it. I think a fresh start would show how good he actually is.

Hawks2008

If we were offered 25m for him I'd snap their hand off, really don't care if he does well elsewhere either.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
If we were offered 25m for him I'd snap their hand off, really don't care if he does well elsewhere either.
For 25 we better keep him, who knows what version of him we will see this season

TsuWave

Sometimes I read a post on here and let out a sigh of relief that none of you guys in anywhere close to a position of power at United. A guy said they'd snapped the hands off of anyone that offered £25M for Martial. fecking hell

Pickle85

Sometimes I read a post on here and let out a sigh of relief that none of you guys in anywhere close to a position of power at United. A guy said they'd snapped the hands off of anyone that offered £25M for Martial. fecking hell
Agree it may be a little bit low but I genuinely can't see us getting significantly more for him in this market. Someone may pay 35 or so but he's far too inconsistent to risk any more than that. Plus he was dreadful last season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't understand why this thread is active. The chances of him leaving are close to zero.

Eugenius

Literally Ollie Watkins championship striker money. Aaron Ramsdale money.

r0663664

Worships Man City
The problem with Martial is mental. Of course, he has the talent to be great but if things doesn't get his way, he will sulk. As fans, we want a see a player try his best but you will never get that with Martial. If his agent van find him a club, we should take the offer. Maybe he can be more motivated at another club.

Idxomer

The problem with Martial is mental. Of course, he has the talent to be great but if things doesn't get his way, he will sulk. As fans, we want a see a player try his best but you will never get that with Martial. If his agent van find him a club, we should take the offer. Maybe he can be more motivated at another club.
His agent isn't looking though.

Redcy

Well of course his agent isn't looking. Imagine being a senior team player, on 250k a week, being absolute kack for a season, he must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Trouble is Martial knows he has zero competition upfront. Greenwood is showing no signs of becoming a CF, Rashford isn't one either, so it's Cavani. Martial knows he has to barely turn out, womp his way around the pitch for 80 mins and someone will pull him out of the shit. He just seems to have never had any desire to succeed, but looks like his languid style will be our major option next year.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Martial showed what he can do, but undeniably there were flaws and doubts. Many centre around mentality and confidence… I wonder about his status/vibe in the dressing room played out? My sense is he needs a new challenge, a new collective/manager to grow. I really like him when on form.

Raven

Don't understand why this thread is active. The chances of him leaving are close to zero.
I personally don't understand why this thread isn't locked. No reliable reports, no noise coming from his camp, nothing. All this is is a way for people to bash him... although, I suppose at least his performance thread isn't too big a car crash yet.

KennyBurner

They even quoted 35 which is nuts. Just have to ignore and let them be mad in peace.