Martial agent looking for a new club for him

bosskeano

Some of you want to sell this guy? Even worse for just 35m pounds? Should all be ashamed of yourselves.
picking out specific highlights doesn't show the whole picture of what he doesn't do the remainder of the 89 minutes in a match

DomM

what's happening with this guy, is he even in training yet?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Some of you want to sell this guy? Even worse for just 35m pounds? Should all be ashamed of yourselves.
It’s okay. Registration closes up this week. The nonbelievers crying for room in the inn at AM9 FC this coming season will fall on deaf ears.

acnumber9

That video is his entire highlights for last season. I don’t think You Tube videos are great evidence of much other than the compilers awful taste in music.

lex talionis

If Anthony stays with us for another season I hope he's up for it and decides to put real effort into his performances. And if it was the case he was injured last season, he should do us all a favor next time and sit out until he's recovered from whatever it is that's nagging him.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Had a brilliant season 2 years ago and then didn't kick on last season and reverted back to his lazy ways. He has the skill, strength and finishing but it just seems the desire and effort isn't there. Might be down to the training or players around him, but if he steps up and shows commitment it feeds into the rest of the team and everyone gives a bit extra.

Redcy

how about 40 second reel of his terrible finishing? Proves nothing does it..

Macedonian Red

He is very good with the ball but he is lazy and his off ball movement is poor. He has a talent but has no mentality. Him and Bruno build great partnership i Bruno first few months and then Antho disappeared. I have nothing against to stay for another season in lack of options but dont count on him as someone reliable.

lex talionis

This video is so sad to watch. We all know know what Martial is capable of and this video is a great reminder of that.

But why oh why does Martial go AWOL for so long? It’s one thing to be streaky, such as prime Rooney, but quite another to do a Martial.

Question to all Martial defenders here: what the feck happened last season? We all started slowly, fine, but we were in the foxhole in the EL and in a great place at the turn of the year in the PL, but Martial couldn’t be bothered to show up and put in the effort. Why?

Devil81

Why hasn't he took part in pre season?

I've not kept up with his injury but he's been out a long time and there is no sign of him so far this pre season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
With Rashford out he can come back into the fold. Maybe Varane can hug him and say "Arrête de pisser sur le garçon" which I think would be sweet.

Shimo

Why hasn't he took part in pre season?

I've not kept up with his injury but he's been out a long time and there is no sign of him so far this pre season.
He's been in training away from the group. Supposed to be joining in on Monday. Ole is a big fat fibber because he said he might be ready for the Europa final 2 months ago. Obviously it was more severe than we were told.

Joseunited

He's been in training away from the group. Supposed to be joining in on Monday. Ole is a big fat fibber because he said he might be ready for the Europa final 2 months ago. Obviously it was more severe than we were told.
Or maybe ha had a relapse.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Question to all Martial defenders here: what the feck happened last season? We all started slowly, fine, but we were in the foxhole in the EL and in a great place at the turn of the year in the PL, but Martial couldn’t be bothered to show up and put in the effort. Why?
Nobody here can tell you that. Obviously his confidence was completely shot, but we're not mind readers to know why. Maybe it was just due to his poor start to the season giving him the yips and not being able to drag himself out of it, maybe he was having personal issues off the field, maybe he was having actual mental health problems, etc. It is extremely unlikely he just 'couldn't be bothered to show up'.

Martial is a bit of a strange one. It does feel like it doesn't take much to knock him off his game and hurt his confidence, but each time he has ultimately fought his way back in and come back strong. Hopefully he does it again this time.

Pavl3n

Didn't have to bother, someone else did it for me...

Listen Anthony, it's nothing against you personally. Actually it is, pull your finger out your arse and stop moping about the pitch!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Usually highlight reels are made to make every player look like world beater, yet Dan James still looks average.

kthanksbye

Martinez is available by the looks of it, but Inter want cash, not a trade. I hope we can find a buyer for Martial, Lautaro would be an ideal replacement as a #9.

OrcaFat

I was wanting him to leave but now I hope we give him another chance with Rashford being out for a while. Stick him LW and tell him that’s his position. He can do it if he gets off to a good start.

Hackman2210

Consistently inconsistent last year no doubt - but that highlight reel shows he's some player on his day. Maybe a slower league would suit him. He'd light it up at Dortmund thats for sure. Swap with Halaand next season maybe - is that Ole's plan all along? The man is a genius he's playing chess while us muddyfunsters are playing chequers!!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Over 11,000 minutes of football played in a season and Martial's highlight reel is less than 2...

That says it all to be honest.
11,000 mins? If a player plays every min and reach all Cup finals they end up playing around 60 games which is around 5400 mins, which probably never happened.

On the actual point, there is much bigger highlight reel, just because some twitter account decided to make 2 mins reel (which is usually the standard on twitter for some reason) doesn't mean that's all the highlight reel he got.

Anyways Martial had poor season, don't think anyone denies that. But when he is at his best like 19-20, he is very good player.

crossy1686

career ending
11,000 mins? If a player plays every min and reach all Cup finals they end up playing around 60 games which is around 5400 mins, which probably never happened.

On the actual point, there is much bigger highlight reel, just because some twitter account decided to make 2 mins reel (which is usually the standard on twitter for some reason) doesn't mean that's all the highlight reel he got.

Anyways Martial had poor season, don't think anyone denies that. But when he is at his best like 19-20, he is very good player.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting he can’t be a good player but after 5 years and only one standout season the mean is not the good seasons, is the average to bad ones.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don’t think anyone is suggesting he can’t be a good player but after 5 years and only one standout season the mean is not the good seasons, is the average to bad ones.
Which of these are not considered as a good season?

2015-16 when he was arguably our best attacker and only hope in the first half of the season, later Rashford made debut who did decent job in second half.

2017-18 where he made most of whatever available time he got.

2018-19 season when he saved Jose's ass by winning few games.

2019-20 which is arguably his best season.

littleman

Rate Henry's predatory instincts for us. Would love to know how you'd analyse his style of play given he's one of the best strikers the Premier league has ever seen and a player whose style of play is very similar to Martials.
Martial similar to Henry in style of play?

what are you smoking?

or is it because they’re both French and Black? Next thing maybe you’ll bring up is they grew up two houses apart?

sherrinford

Martial similar to Henry in style of play?

what are you smoking?

or is it because they’re both French and Black? Next thing maybe you’ll bring up is they grew up two houses apart?
So do you think Henry had the movement and predatory instincts of a top class no.9?

ghagua

So do you think Henry had the movement and predatory instincts of a top class no.9?
Henry might not have had the predatory instincts of a top-class no.9, but he scored the goals to win Arsenal the title. something that we can only dream Martial will come close to

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

i'm a big fan but this was about all he did last season. (some goals are missing).
from 20+goals, assists and good creative play, and excellent hold-up play in 2019/20, to whatever last season was, massive drop, and no signs of it going away. no need to pretend otherwise.

sherrinford

Henry might not have had the predatory instincts of a top-class no.9, but he scored the goals to win Arsenal the title. something that we can only dream Martial will come close to
Henry is the best striker I have ever seen. Martial is not going to get near him at all, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good enough player for United or play an important role in a title-winning team. It also doesn't mean there can't be similarities in their games, stylistically.

Eli Zee

Martial is a magic player. Capable of things that few others can do, on his day. I would be happy for him to stay, but if he wants a move and we can get a decent fee, it seems like a good time for us to part ways.
It would be magical to see some consistency and eagerness on the pitch from him

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Henry was a top class no.9 who was not an instinctual box player at all.
But he knew where the goal was and when to shoot, the knowing when to shoot is what martial lacks he could easily add 10 more goals a season by just taking his shot earlier instead of constantly dribbling into trouble, take a shot the keeper might feck up, it might get deflected, it might rebound to your players.

crossy1686

career ending
Which of these are not considered as a good season?

2015-16 when he was arguably our best attacker and only hope in the first half of the season, later Rashford made debut who did decent job in second half.

2017-18 where he made most of whatever available time he got.

2018-19 season when he saved Jose's ass by winning few games.

2019-20 which is arguably his best season.
These are all a big dose of confirmation bias. Martial's stats don't back most of those claims up, in fact a big chunk of his goals have come against lower league opposition in cup games or inferior opposition in the Europa League.

You've only got to look at Cavani's game to realise how badly we're missing a quality striker and that Martial had us all fooled for a while that he was one. I'm not saying he definitely won't go on to be a great player but at this stage you wouldn't be frowned upon for betting against him becoming world class.

Martial's game is severely lacking in certain area's to ever really be an effective number 9, and part of the problem is he's not the best in any position we have in the forward line now. For someone who's on £250k a week he should be doing enough to make sure his name is one of the first on the team sheet.