Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I'm not sure why you would think that.
What about Sancho? What about Greenwood?
Someone else said, Martial needs to have a big season, and he really does, but personally, I can't see that happening when he'd have to displace both Ronaldo & Cavani for the #9 position, and he is up against Rashford and possibly Pogba for the Left Attack position.
And as mentioned, you've got Sancho & Greenwood on the right, and Lingard in the mix too.
I just don't see where Martial gets a strong run of games..
West ham.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Think you mis-heard. 13 Million net.
Will we ever learn? Then you've got people complaining about what Ronaldo makes. Sancho's already on something like 250k per week (I think gross) but did we really need to pay him that much? He couldn't have been on even half of that at Dortmund.

pascell

Will we ever learn? Then you've got people complaining about what Ronaldo makes. Sancho's already on something like 250k per week (I think gross) but did we really need to pay him that much? He couldn't have been on even half of that at Dortmund.
Sancho was on about £190k at Dortmund, they actually pay hefty wages, contrary to what people think.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure why anyone even believe that 13 million net story.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because its been well reported elsewhere as well that martial is one of the best paid players at Utd as he is a joel glazer favourite.
13 million net is around 500k gross. Do you think he earns that much?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Even £30m would be a decent price. But not sure which club would be interested to spend big money on a moody forward in the January market.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Even £30m would be a decent price. But not sure which club would be interested to spend big money on a moody forward in the January market.
PSG is our best bet. Mbappe surely is going to leave in Jan, would be unconsciounable to let him leave on a free.

Dante

Average bang
Ole isn't shy about putting players in the shop window just before he sells them. He did it with Dan James only a few weeks ago.

I reckon Martial is guaranteed to get minutes during the Christmas fixture congestion. If he can score a few goals then, there'll be a queue of potential buyers wanting to offer £30m.

It's too early to say what his situation will be at that point. He could easily still turn it around. Then it's anybody's guess whether he'll go at all.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

You know how he can ensure that he isn’t priced out of a move? Take a pay cut with the new club, so the money they save on wages can be put towards a higher transfer fee. Sick of these entitled players, we spent a huge amount on him, when he was a relative unknown, why should the club agree to a cut price, when he won’t agree to a cut in his wages?

Joeace2020

You know how he can ensure that he isn’t priced out of a move? Take a pay cut with the new club, so the money they save on wages can be put towards a higher transfer fee. Sick of these entitled players, we spent a huge amount on him, when he was a relative unknown, why should the club agree to a cut price, when he won’t agree to a cut in his wages?
What an awkward thing to say. Martial didn't beg the club to spend that money on him or give him a bumper contract he currently sits on. You make it look he's been holding a gun to the board members all this time. As a player, he needs to look out for himself and saying he needs to agree to a cut is being selfish on the side of the club but not the player. It's the club that doesn't see any need for him anymore. It's on the club not martial.

Threesus

I really thought he had taken the next step in his career, becoming a guy who could potentially lead the line for a league winning United side, after the 19/20 season. What the feck happened?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I really thought he had taken the next step in his career, becoming a guy who could potentially lead the line for a league winning United side, after the 19/20 season. What the feck happened?
His little purple patch ended.

Guy has never had appetite for scoring goals. Look at the likes of Ronaldo, Haaland, Lewa etc. and they're desperate to score. They'll do anything to get into a position they can shoot from. They know the onus is on them to constantly move around and create space for themselves. Martial is on the opposite end of the scale. No movement in the box, no anticipation, no hunger.

Martial had United fans convinced that we don't create enough chances. A team with two of the highest chance creators in the league (Bruno and Shaw) plus Pogba's creativity and Rashford's trickery had a "they don't create enough chances" label. Chance creators need runners and movement to be efficient. Martial had 4 league goals in almost 1500 mins last season. Ronaldo already has 3 in 180 mins. Is it because we've all of a sudden started to create more? No, it's because Ronaldo is a menace through 90 mins and that way forces opposition to make mistakes. It's so good to have an actual striker again.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
If no one is willing to pay our valuation, send him out on loan to a premiership team for the rest of the season, West Ham could do with him they've only got Antonio.

Cloud7

If you told me during Van Gaal's second season here, when Martial had that great breakthrough season, that in 2021 I would think Jesse Lingard has more to offer the club than Martial, I would have said you were insane. And yet here we are.

Jaxa

With Sancho needing time to adapt, Rashford out injured, James has left it was the perfect time for him to try and stake a place in that first 11 but he's clearly not showing enough to Ole to justify starting games,

Now with Rashford returning in the next 2-3 weeks his game time will be even more limited, i cannot see any future for this guy here, he really needs to move on for the benefit of his career, surely we can at least get 30m for him.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Fair point, but do think he'd be good there. Big confidence player and would get tonnes of it there.
I don't think he'd get many games considering their front line, even if Mbappe leaves.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think a loan move in January, assuming we have sufficient numbers and no need for him, would be beneficial. Martial needs to remind people of how good he can be. If he does that, we'll get £40m no problem.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I can see him getting a start tonight, and alongside VdB it really is a chance to show Ole they deserve more game time (again).

Rashford coming back mid next month will likely put him down to 4th in the pecking order for LW, so if he can show the right attitude then he can keep himself in the running for more starts.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Ole isn't shy about putting players in the shop window just before he sells them. He did it with Dan James only a few weeks ago.

I reckon Martial is guaranteed to get minutes during the Christmas fixture congestion. If he can score a few goals then, there'll be a queue of potential buyers wanting to offer £30m.

It's too early to say what his situation will be at that point. He could easily still turn it around. Then it's anybody's guess whether he'll go at all.
i highly doubt there will be a queue of buyers even if he scores 5 goals between now to Jan. Other than PSG no club has money for transfer outside of EPL. In EPL there aren't many clubs can afford his salary either. Not Everton, Aston Villa, and not even Spurs and Arsenal.

redmanx

What an awkward thing to say. Martial didn't beg the club to spend that money on him or give him a bumper contract he currently sits on. You make it look he's been holding a gun to the board members all this time. As a player, he needs to look out for himself and saying he needs to agree to a cut is being selfish on the side of the club but not the player. It's the club that doesn't see any need for him anymore. It's on the club not martial.
True, all players need to look out for themselves, but they also need to perform; Martial does not perform.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
True, all players need to look out for themselves, but they also need to perform; Martial does not perform.
That doesn't mean he will agree with a wage cut. The best scenario is a loan for him to pick up some game time.

redmanx

That doesn't mean he will agree with a wage cut. The best scenario is a loan for him to pick up some game time.
I never mentioned anything about a wage cut; the harsh truth is he should be sold asap in order to get him off our wage bill.

lex talionis

Has any explanation been offered as to what has happened to Martial? We all understand being out form for a month or two…but an entire season?

Max_United

I never mentioned anything about a wage cut; the harsh truth is he should be sold asap in order to get him off our wage bill.
He has a 250k per week contract until 2024. We cannot force him to move and accept a lower wage at another club if he does not want to - and it would be problematic to find a club willing to pay him that. It is prohibitively high for the clubs likely to be interested in him (I suppose it is the likes of Lyon or Italian clubs).

Reactions: Fortitude

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He has a 250k per week contract until 2024. We cannot force him to move and accept a lower wage at another club if he does not want to - and it would be problematic to find a club willing to pay him that. It is prohibitively high for the clubs likely to be interested in him (I suppose it is the likes of Lyon or Italian clubs).
Martial isn’t going anywhere anytime soon unless he’s willing to make concessions and take a pay cut to do so. Given it’s a World Cup season, a lot is determinant on how much he fancies his chances of getting in the French squad via exposure through PT as to what he ultimately decides to do, imo.

He’s looked indifferent for so much of his time here; if he really wants to stay, he’s going to have to be as good as he was a couple of seasons’ back and fight for his place against overwhelming odds.

For his outlay, there won’t be many takers - his wage plus a transfer does not scream value in this market. His wage puts him in a bracket of player whose bar he hasn’t been near for a long time.

Tallis

Someone will pay €250k per week to him. He is a French international. One season ago, he had a great season as a 9. Auba is on 350k - isn’t he ? Why not move to Arsenal and replace lacazette.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Someone will pay €250k per week to him. He is a French international. One season ago, he had a great season as a 9. Auba is on 350k - isn’t he ? Why not move to Arsenal and replace lacazette.
Because even Lacazette is not on 250k/week, and arsenal doesn't need another striker with 5 goals a season as we have plenty already. Martial has no where to go with his salary and output for the past 5 season. He is 25 already so there is no potential in him anymore. Good luck to find that "someone". Barca has no luck find anyone to take Coutinho, and RM can't either for James and Bale.

Last edited:

Hammondo

I
Doubt someone will pay half that for martial.