Martial and Rashford: Glory Man United

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Our 450k/wk main attacking force.

Do you believe they can bring us/United back to the glory days? What gives?
Also, at what period in (successful) Fergie's era any of these two would be a starter?

Jacob

Reserved post

Edit:

Martial will flourish beside a world class attacker, don't think he will succeed sustainably as the main man. For some reason, prime Tevez strikes me as his ideal partner. Martial's strengths lie in 1on1 take-ons and finishing (space permitting), a second striker that pulls defenses apart and harasses them would be ideal.

Rashford is jack of all trades, master of none. Good at most things but not great enough to be a consistent threat in the box. I see him as a rotational player on the wing. To get the most out of him, we need a world class 10 or 9 (4231/442), and let him play the CR7 role in his early days (right winger running at defences).

Last edited:

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Both are way too erratic to played at the same time, no other strike force in the league breaks down so many attacks by stumbling on the ball or running straight into defenders.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Both are way too erratic to played at the same time, no other strike force in the league breaks down so many attacks by stumbling on the ball or running straight into defenders.
Maybe they could do that in training regularly, because you can see that our defence is too soft.

Yagami

Good post resistant
They've both linked up together very nice today.

Martial's brilliant hold up play as our CF is so important.

KeanoMagicHat

The new Yorke and Cole.

Such a difference to sticking Pereira or Mata there out of position.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There's a clear difference in playing both of them to playing one of them with some other player such as Mata, Lingard, etc., mostly because others we have are terrible players. Martial didn't have the best game by any means, but we still played better because we still had two dangerous players wide, and Martial can always make something even on an average day like that last goal. Good to see them interchanging too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Martial is the only CF we have that can hold the ball up.

Slik

Both players being fit is very vital to our season.

thomas porter

Martial is the only CF we have that can hold the ball up.
We need to get Mandzukic in January.

The link up play today between Rashford and Martial was promising. You can tell Martial is not fully fit and he wasn't making the runs in behind that Perreira wanted him to make.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We need to get Mandzukic in January.

The link up play today between Rashford and Martial was promising. You can tell Martial is not fully fit and he wasn't making the runs in behind that Perreira wanted him to make.
We need another option, I'm not sure if Mandzukic is it or not. But the point is we need more and I think everyone agrees.

Lentwood

Rashford is a god-awful CF but is dangerous on the wing when able to pick the ball up deep, facing the space/the goal.

Martial is a classy (but fragile) player who SHOULD have been a generational talent but looks to not quite want it enough. Certainly our best CF/attacker though

The White Pele

These two with James are a decent three.

What we desperately need now is upgrades in midfield and then we may finally have an acceptable team to build from.

AneRu

What we desperately need now is upgrades in midfield and then we may finally have an acceptable team to build from.
Agree with this, bring in a DLP and a goal scoring midfielder and we have a strong front six. James is a real find but a lot will depend on Martial's fitness so we need a back up option.

Scholsey2004

We're thin up front though. Beyond those three it's just lingard and Mata and I don't really see what mata brings to the table any more now that he doesn't score or get assists. We need a better cam than Pereira as well.

thesheriffjw

Its all well and good when the team are winning but martial has to be up for it.

any other time and martial has to be carried.

remember martial has been overly shite since he came to utd

Grande

They haven’t really been playing too much together, and given their ages, we should expect their interplay to have quite a bit of potential to improve. Vs Chelsea were clear signs, and this game was another big step in the right direction.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Martial is a better cf with rashford on the left. James gave good service on the right.. they all need to be more consistent though

croadyman

We need another option, I'm not sure if Mandzukic is it or not. But the point is we need more and I think everyone agrees.
We definitely need to sign someone up front in the January window who can hold the ball up as well as Tony. We also could really do with a creative midfielder who can provide that bit of spark needed to break down packed defences. Any suggestions are very much welcome because struggling to come up with names.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They are very good as a pair. Even in this game both tried to link up with each other a lot, playing one twos and also finding each other runs.

wish people stop this worshipping of individual players and shitting on others just because they like one player.

meamth

Poor james, he is left out in this discussion.

Now add Sancho in the middle/right...wow.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hold on a sec! You mean the ones who said he isn't a 9?
Yes, I was like that but I didn't bash him for coming on as a sub and being rusty. I have no issue admitting when I'm wrong, it's all about the type of criticism a fan can dish. I also said if I'm wrong, I woud loved to be laughed at.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Hold on a sec! You mean the ones who said he isn't a 9?
I'd slow the bus down a little there hoss. People really do have selective memory loss when it suits them. He scores a few goals and then suddenly it doesn't matter a lot of the embarrassing performances he's put in over the seasons. Past records show he may have a purple patch of maybe 5 games then goes about 15 being absolute dog shite. I wouldn't put him on god like status just yet.

Saying that, of course I hope he goes on and becomes one of our greats but everything is down to him because he obviously has the talent but his motivation has a massive question mark around it.