Martial | Di Marzio thinks he will stay

haram

75 million replacement for Griezmann. He’ll play in a central role just off Costa which will suit him more. I can see that happening.

We have Sanchez and Rashford as back up on the left. Use the money to reinforce the squad elsewhere.
Perhaps posted this in the wrong thread.

Suv666

Would be devastated if this happens. The lad is so talented but would probably be the right move for him. He's not getting in the team with Sanchez ahead of him. Hope we dont sell him for peanuts though and actually make a profit

Gbenger

Always saw it coming. I'm a big fan of his but I can understand him wanting to leave.

I just hope we get a good replacement for him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mercato-martial-souhaite-quitter-manchester-united-1416031.html

It's in French but I think we all saw this coming the moment we signed Sanchez. He'll be a great player, but there are high chances it won't be in a red shirt.

He has 2 years left on his deal (1 + 1 optional) so we should be able to recoup all the money we paid for him at least.
According to information from RMC Sport, Anthony Martial refused an offer of extension from Manchester United. The French striker, unhappy with his low playing time, wants to leave during the transfer window to find a new challenge. Several big clubs are on the lookout.

The story of Anthony Martial at Manchester United may be coming to an end. According to information from RMC Sport, the 22-year-old striker refused the extension that his managers offered him. The latter offered him a new lease of five years, but the French international preferred to decline. Reduced to a role of doubling since the arrival of Alexis Sanchez in January, the former Monegasque, transferred in 2015 for 60 million euros, no longer supports this situation. Before the winter transfer window, he had 11 goals and 10 assists this season. But his playing time has been drastically reduced in recent weeks.
Cold relations with Mourinho
To the point that Martial no longer feels considered by the English club. His relations with his coach José Mourinho have been quite cold since the beginning of the year. Under contract until 2019, the striker trained at OL has an optional year, but he wants to leave this summer. Big European clubs are interested in his profile, like Juventus Turin, Tottenham or Atlético de Madrid. His agent has already been surveyed by several trainings to know his desires in the offseason.

I'd be furious if he left. It makes no sense to kick out an in-form wonderkid for an aging and expensive Sanchez.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So, what's our price then? I certainly can't see how he isn't worth 100m given the prices of players these days.

SillyUsername

It's not a shock at this point and I won't forgive Mourinho for this unless his decision is vindicated either by Martial flopping elsewhere (which I don't think will happen) or he wins one of the two big trophies with Martial's replacement playing a key role in the process.

Mourinho hasn't fancied him from day 1 and he's gone into his shell. Leaving will probably be best for his career but I fear it is not what's best for us :(

Reactions: langster

Zoo

If anyone wants to go then let them do so. And I'm a big fan of Martial.

Rajma

He's obviously phenomenal talent but unless he drastically improves his movement and tenacity I can't see him hitting heights he theoretically is capable of, it is his main Achilles heel.

However, I still want him to stay and I rather we not sell him, since it is not a forgone conclusion that Jose gonna deliver next year, so it would be a shame to lose a player with a great potential that other coach may be glad to work with.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Just a ploy to get a better deal. Don't you guys know how these things work by now?
That would make sense if he was enjoying time here. He is barely getting any minutes, and is having to play third fiddle on the left after Sanchez and Rashford. You can see why he would want to leave.
This is going to be one of Mourinho's mistakes, again. Salah, KDB, Lukaku and now Martial.

CG1010

This is likely a negotiation tactic though from Martial's camp. I wouldn't read too much into it already.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We need another attacker if he left.
Imagine replacing him with an injury prone 30 year old in Bale.:mad:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Reckon Mourinho will let him go as he wants to (and you cant blame him). At least £70m is my guess. Loads of competition, martial has the most potential but at the same time you cant guarantee someone starts when they aren't there yet and dont deserve a constant spot. Just a shitty situation having him, rashford fight it out for the same position, but also fight it out with lingard and Mata as it's one and max 2 of those 4 usually, next to Sanchez and lukaku. And Sanchez was a necessary signing as our attack lacked someone at that level, but still sucks.

Guessing Atletico will get him to replace griezmann and he'll turn world class pretty quickly. Or Juventus will get him and again, he'll turn into a fantastic player, playing on the left of a martial, higuain, dybala front 3.

What we'll need to do then is sign someone like him primarily for the right wing to sort that out. Leon Bailey comes to mind. Then Ryan Sessegnon as a long term left winger, and with a spot open there would be space for both imo, especially as Sessegnon is a distance away from needing constant starts. Would have Sanchez, lukaku, bailey, then sessegnon, rashford, lingard and Mata for the options. But we absolutely would need at least 1 starting quality winger/attacker if Martial were to leave.

Hellboy

Reckon Mourinho will let him go as he wants to (and you cant blame him). Loads of competition, martial has the most potential but at the same time you cant guarantee someone starts when they aren't there yet and dont deserve a constant spot. Just a shitty situation having him, rashford fight it out for the same position, but also fight it out with lingard and Mata as it's one and max 2 of those 4 usually, next to Sanchez and lukaku. And Sanchez was a necessary signing as our attack lacked someone at that level, but still sucks.

Guessing Atletico will get him to replace griezmann and he'll turn world class pretty quickly. Or Juventus will get him and again, he'll turn into a fantastic player, playing on the left of a martial, higuain, dybala front 3.

What we'll need to do then is sign someone like him primarily for the right wing to sort that out. Leon Bailey comes to mind. Then Ryan Sessegnon as a long term left winger, and with a spot open there would be space for both imo, especially as Sessegnon is a distance away from needing constant starts. Would have Sanchez, lukaku, bailey, then sessegnon, rashford, lingard and Mata for the options. But we absolutely would need at least 1 starting quality winger/attacker if Martial were to leave.
Selling him for big money and buying a world class right attacker makes a lot of sense indeed.

CG1010

That would make sense if he was enjoying time here. He is barely getting any minutes, and is having to play third fiddle on the left after Sanchez and Rashford. You can see why he would want to leave.
This is going to be one of Mourinho's mistakes, again. Salah, KDB, Lukaku and now Martial.
How do you know he isn't enjoying his time. Before last few games, he was clearly more favoured than Rashford even after Sanchez had arrived. Only in the last few games, he has been put on the bench which could very well be in response to him rejecting the contract offer from United.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is likely a negotiation tactic though from Martial's camp. I wouldn't read too much into it already.
He's not getting games and has offers from top teams that would start him.
He's off imo.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I'd be sad to see him go, i think he will be a great player if he gets his head right. I thought he'd have progressed more by now though.

Hopefully its BS like most things we read these days

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea
One thing isn’t certain. You wouldn’t come back in that derby and win if Martial was on that left wing.

Kid has miles of talent but needs to learn so much about joan to influence a game. He and Hazard are a weird conondrum.

Trizy

My favorite United player, absolutely gutted. He's destine to be one of the best in the world in an attacking team but just not in Mourinho's setup.

Hopefully he re-signs but I'm at the stage where modern players contract talks piss me off so much (for our clubs and others). So I'd rather not see us be held ransom, regardless of the players ability.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Will be an absolute world beater. Really bad news. Can’t blame him though.

Was discussing with my mate the other day who we’d rather keep between Martial and Rashford, and as great as Martial can be I’d rather us keep Rash. Just seems more motivated, incredible talent and fights for his place rather than sulks. Plus he’s a Manc!

CG1010

He's not getting games and has offers from top teams that would start him.
He's off imo.
But I don't know if those teams could pay him as much as we could. After signing Sanchez, every other top player in our team has started eyeing the 500,000 + contract offer we gave to him. This could just be about how close he could get to that number.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So Pogba wants to leave(according to ParisUnited who's reliable for PSG), Rashford wants to leave and now Martial wants to leave. Somehow I doubt all of that is correct.

Bojan11

This would be our Salah and De Bruyne moment. Don’t do it Jose.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
if he's really to leave I won't cry, he didn't make a significant progress for two seasons and always seem to have only 60 minutes of "running" in him rather than a full game. Would be off course cool if he made it but he's just lazy to play for Manchester Untied, he will end up like Ben Arfa. Also believe Chong can be at his current level in a season and a bit. He's got totally different attitude, and we will save massive wages and possibly could get a lot of money for him to spend on the three players we need or an extra attacker if Mourinho wants..

but probably all of this is bullshit and he signs a new contract soon, just a papers speculation like always

fergosaurus

Letting him go would be a Kevin Dr Bruyne level mistake from Mourinho. This would really piss me off.