Martial has got to remain at United | No, he hasn't been unfollowing United players on Instagram

beingshe7don

Martial may not have outstanding figures to his name like the Sterling, Sane or Salah but there should be no doubt he's a phenomenal player. The guy on his day could rival any of those aforementioned names. But the question that most skeptics ask are when are those days and how often do those come about?

Mourinho supporters blame Martial for not being consistent and so on. The guy arrived at United as a teenager with a close to 60m tag on his head. He moved to a new league and to a team that wasn't performing at it's best. He hit the ground running with his stunning goal against Liverpool. The guy was simply phenomenal in his first year. He scored crucial goals like the one against Everton to take us ahead in the FA cup. The guy is a gem whose talent is on the level of Nani. I would have said Ronaldo but he's just a freak of nature. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that Martial is one player who has what it takes to make it really big. The kind of numbers in terms of assists and goals should be on par with Sterling. However, that's not been the case and that's because of the lack of chances.

The guy had a crappy second season because of his off the field issues but came back strongly this year and yet he lost his place to Sanchez. The guy has been treated very poorly from the get go from losing the No. 9 shirt to Zlatan without his knowledge to losing his position for Sanchez. This is poor treatment from United. And then there are talks that we could sell him to Juve to get Bale (a has been) from Madrid. These may just be talks or rumors but then the lack of game time to Martial has been completely unwarranted.

I feel really sad saying this but this guy would be running riot at City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and even Arsenal. He's just 22 years of age. He needs to be played consistently to instill confidence and get his self esteem up. There are some players that are very strong mentally aka Ronaldo who will never be affected by the boos or anyone saying that he's not good. He believes in himself but Martial needs to be treated differently aka Nani. I remember Rio stating that Fergie never yelled at Nani and actually used positive reinforcement to get the best out of him. Similarly, Mourinho needs to do the same.

I don't care for Mourinho in or Mourinho out but Martial needs to be IN. I don't want us regretting like what Chelsea are doing with the sale of Lukaku, De bruyne and Salah. Coincidentally, all those transfers occurred when Mourinho was manager and now Chelsea seem like the losers.

I see the board been blinded by Mourinho's achievements thus far going along with the Martial sale.

The purpose of this thread to prevent us from making the mistakes that Chelsea made... #martialplays and hence he stays.

Smores

Well this needed its own thread.

Arsenal is the only team from your list he'd even be a guaranteed starter.

Kapardin

Yep, spot on. I don't think Martial has a god given right to start and for sure he deserved to be benched sometime during the campaign, but he had scored in something like 3 consecutive games before Sanchez and was unfairly moved to the right, then benched. Not good management IMO.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Absolutely needs to stay. Not sure if his technical talent is quite on Nani's level though.

Are there any reliable reports suggesting he could be sold?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah Nani was treated differently, Fergie never yelled at him but at the same time had no problem to single him out after our defeat to Chelsea when he stupidly lost the ball for them to score.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Since when did any player become synonymous with the club? Unless you are a potential GOAT you are replaceable. What happens if Madrid or Barcelona come calling for Martial and he throws a strop and pushes for a move? Do we pay him the same as Messi and Ronaldo just because he's Martial?

Martial stays at the club, until he no longer is useful to the club. None of this nonsense that we should bend over backwards for him. He is an employee, not the other way around.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Yeah Nani was treated differently, Fergie never yelled at him but at the same time had no problem to single him out after our defeat to Chelsea when he stupidly lost the ball for them to score.
Rooney fecking loved to yell at Nani though :(

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
If he can adapt to the right-wing he'll be golden, he was brilliant there for Monaco.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He has huge potential and needs to stay, but he needs to start improving. If he doesn’t improve, we probably sell him in two years time.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So, where is he going again?
I have no idea really. For some reason people have this view that the manager doesn't like Martial or doesn't rate him which is the complete opposite of reality. Everyone wants Martial to stay at the club and acknowledges that he is a very gifted player.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No one in their right mind would suggest martial leave.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If you're thinking of stuff like the game against Arsenal, he was on the left.
He barely played on the right Dirar was the starter and Carrasco his first backup.

Jev

If we sell him, he'll become a world-beater wherever he goes. He's a special talent and selling him would be criminal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Martial is very good talent. He's also very much a replaceable talent.

So yeah he doesn't have to stay. There's a future here for him if he works hard and brings out more maturity and consistency to his game. He wouldn't start anywhere else at a big club.

settembrini

He was easily our best attacker and arguably our best outfield player in the first half of the season and Mourinho still insisted on signing someone to play in his position ahead of him. Hard to feel confident about his future at the club under such circumstances.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund

So yeah he doesn't have to stay. There's a future here for him if he works hard and brings out more maturity and consistency to his game. He wouldn't start anywhere else at a big club.
You'd be damned. I remember some other forum saying pogba won't displace anyone in Juve's midfield, we were pleasantly surprised.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
He was easily our best attacker and arguably our best outfield player in the first half of the season and Mourinho still insisted on signing someone to play in his position ahead of him. Hard to feel confident about his future at the club under such circumstances.
I can really imagine his disposition at the moment. I really like the lad, but Jose's going to stunt his growth so it's better he goes for his career's sake.

Dr. StrangeHate

Mourinho does not seem to be a fan of Martial. Martial and Shaw will be out if Mourinho stays and we will get a team with perisic, Vidal and Sandro. I am hoping we send Martial out on loan for next year so if Mourinho doesn't work out we can get him back. If we are going down the Mourinho route we need to go all in, just get exactly what he wants, no half measures.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
He has huge potential and needs to stay, but he needs to start improving. If he doesn’t improve, we probably sell him in two years time.
Improvement comes with game time on the pitch not on the bench. Sanchez' arrival does little for confidence. You can just see KdB all over again here:(

FerociousCorgis

good thing he wasn't our player of the month or anything before we shunted his ass right back to the bench after signing alexis. Really don't understand that signing. One good half from Sanchez doesn't really take away from how poor he has been for us and didn't exactly help our champions league campaign. Really hope we don't sell him, especially for a manager who has about a 5 percent chance of being here in a couple of years.

Denis79

Improvement comes with game time on the pitch not on the bench. Sanchez' arrival does little for confidence. You can just see KdB all over again here:(
I honestly thought we bought him to play on the right, see no point for this transfer if he's meant to be a third left sided attacker, we already had Rashford and Martial there.

FerociousCorgis

I honestly thought we bought him to play on the right, see no point for this transfer if he's meant to be a third left sided attacker, we already had Rashford and Martial there.
especially considering sanchez's age. He is already pretty much a waste this season as we would have easily finished top 4 without him and got bounced in first knockout round. Now we have 2 or so seasons of him at a supposedly high level, although he hasn't really been hitting that level. Hopefully no world cup allows him to recharge and give 2 seasons of high quality play. Just have a worry that with how he plays once that step goes he won't be the same player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You'd be damned. I remember some other forum saying pogba won't displace anyone in Juve's midfield, we were pleasantly surprised.
I don't remember that debate, but that doesn't mean Martial would suddenly start at another big club just because Paul Pogba did in 2012 for Juventus (at a time where Serie A was very much dead).

Dante

Average bang
Martial may not have outstanding figures to his name like the Sterling, Sane or Salah but there should be no doubt he's a phenomenal player. The guy on his day could rival any of those aforementioned names. But the question that most skeptics ask are when are those days and how often do those come about?

Mourinho supporters blame Martial for not being consistent and so on. The guy arrived at United as a teenager with a close to 60m tag on his head. He moved to a new league and to a team that wasn't performing at it's best. He hit the ground running with his stunning goal against Liverpool. The guy was simply phenomenal in his first year. He scored crucial goals like the one against Everton to take us ahead in the FA cup. The guy is a gem whose talent is on the level of Nani. I would have said Ronaldo but he's just a freak of nature. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that Martial is one player who has what it takes to make it really big. The kind of numbers in terms of assists and goals should be on par with Sterling. However, that's not been the case and that's because of the lack of chances.

The guy had a crappy second season because of his off the field issues but came back strongly this year and yet he lost his place to Sanchez. The guy has been treated very poorly from the get go from losing the No. 9 shirt to Zlatan without his knowledge to losing his position for Sanchez. This is poor treatment from United. And then there are talks that we could sell him to Juve to get Bale (a has been) from Madrid. These may just be talks or rumors but then the lack of game time to Martial has been completely unwarranted.

I feel really sad saying this but this guy would be running riot at City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and even Arsenal. He's just 22 years of age. He needs to be played consistently to instill confidence and get his self esteem up. There are some players that are very strong mentally aka Ronaldo who will never be affected by the boos or anyone saying that he's not good. He believes in himself but Martial needs to be treated differently aka Nani. I remember Rio stating that Fergie never yelled at Nani and actually used positive reinforcement to get the best out of him. Similarly, Mourinho needs to do the same.

I don't care for Mourinho in or Mourinho out but Martial needs to be IN. I don't want us regretting like what Chelsea are doing with the sale of Lukaku, De bruyne and Salah. Coincidentally, all those transfers occurred when Mourinho was manager and now Chelsea seem like the losers.

I see the board been blinded by Mourinho's achievements thus far going along with the Martial sale.

The purpose of this thread to prevent us from making the mistakes that Chelsea made... #martialplays and hence he stays.
This is Martial's best season for us in terms of averages.

In his debut season, he got 11 goals and 4 assists in 2632 league minutes (one goal/assist every 175 minutes).

This season, he's got 9 goals and 5 assists in 1346 league minutes (one goal/assist every 96 minutes).

Mourinho has been masterful in getting the best out of him. Full credit to the manager for making Martial a better player.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I swear people just feel sorry for him because he's quiet.
If he was going on like Depay and Pogba off the pitch there would be way less of this.

Mr PG

A bit of a Berbatov situation going on with Martial as far as languid style...poor movement. The guy is brilliant but we have 2 other players in his position. Would love if he could stay.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Yeah, this. He's quite easily replaceable as things stand. His potential would be more difficult to replace, but no one at a club wanting to win the league now gets a guaranteed start every single game on the chance they might pretty good in 3 years time.

beingshe7don

Yeah, this. He's quite easily replaceable as things stand. His potential would be more difficult to replace, but no one at a club wanting to win the league now gets a guaranteed start every single game on the chance they might pretty good in 3 years time.
Mourinho just doesn't have the knack to deal with flair players. He ends up stifling them by doing stuff that shouldn't be their responsibility. Have you noticed the amount of tracking back our wingers do? Sanchez is busy picking the ball in the center of the field instead of being on the end of passes to finish like what he did against Swansea. Similarly, Martial is NOT a tracking back sort of player. And it's not like he hasn't delivered this season. He's made instant impact coming off the bench. For those who say that he can be replaced, he's got a lot of potential. If nurtured the right way, Salah won't be the only NO. 11 banging in goals left, right and center in the PL.