Martial has got to remain at United | No, he hasn't been unfollowing United players on Instagram

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope he leaves and just develops elsewhere tbh. Mourinho doesnt know how to deal with players like him, and I'm fully confident that he'll turn into a top player elsewhere. But here, he'll never be fully trusted with Mourinho in charge imo, and as a squad player he'll always be inconsistent without that trust and system to get the best of him. So its better for us to get a big fee and better for him to go somewhere that plays more according to his strengths and trusts him more.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
A shite finisher who scored as many as Martial and Rashford combined.
Do you not understand what finishing means?

Sterling misses sitters regularly, did you not miss him choking over and over in the derby?

haram

No doubt Sterling has improved, but clearly his finishing is still not great.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do you not understand what finishing means?

Sterling misses sitters regularly, did you not miss him choking over and over in the derby?
He has had some conspicuous misses but his overall performance has been better than anything we have. Only 4 players in the entire league (Salah, Kane, Aguero, & Jesus) have better goals to minute ratios.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No doubt Sterling has improved, but clearly his finishing is still not great.
Exactly. There are certain aspects that are very difficult to improve, and they are often mental aspects. Martial has been a fantastic finisher ever since he got here, where as Sterling clearly has a mental block in certain goal scoring situations.

This is the same for the way a player moves. Movement is very difficult to teach to players already out of youth football and it often takes several years for off the ball movement to 'click' for a player. However, some players have great off the ball movement at a young age.

There's a reason players go for big money; because they have advantages that can't be taught that make them special. Martial's close dribbling and finishing is clearly a talent that he just has and no-one taught him how to do that, he just learnt it by himself. That level of control and mental coolness can't be taught.

He has had some conspicuous misses but his overall performance has been better than anything we have. Only 5 players in the entire league (Salah, Kane, Aguero, & Jesus) have better goals to minute ratios.
Completely irrelevant to the conversation. Apparently Guardiola might turn Martial into Sterling which is frankly ludicrous. Sterling is the same type of player, but simply better at it than before. You can't just change the way a player views the game with a click of the finger.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Exactly. There are certain aspects that are very difficult to improve, and they are often mental aspects. Martial has been a fantastic finisher ever since he got here, where as Sterling clearly has a mental block in certain goal scoring situations.

This is the same for the way a player moves. Movement is very difficult to teach to players already out of youth football and it often takes several years for off the ball movement to 'click' for a player. However, some players have great off the ball movement at a young age.

There's a reason players go for big money; because they have advantages that can't be taught that make them special. Martial's close dribbling and finishing is clearly a talent that he just has and no-one taught him how to do that, he just learnt it by himself. That level of control and mental coolness can't be taught.

Completely irrelevant to the conversation. Apparently Guardiola might turn Martial into Sterling which is frankly ludicrous. Sterling is the same type of player, but simply better at it than before. You can't just change the way a player views the game with a click of the finger.
Not sure what your point is. Sterling, despite his allegedly poor finishing, managed more league goals than Lukaku. What does that say about our attack.

Vilev

I like the player very much. But honestly why would you stay? I just look at Jose's team. It clearly does not favor players like Martial. Even if Martial would have started every game and in CF position, he simply would not be able to play properly.

snk123

Look at the dross that plays over him. Absolutely ridiculous football management

AndyJ1985

He'd make no difference to anything. When will people stop banging on about how we need Martial, or some fancy new signing? As a team we are hopeless and no one single player is going to change that.

JohnnyKills

Look at the dross that plays over him. Absolutely ridiculous football management
Have to agree. If Sánchez and Rashford were tearing it up then you could understand why Martial can't get a game, but i can't see how he could have been worse than either of them in that first half.

snk123

He'd make no difference to anything. When will people stop banging on about how we need Martial, or some fancy new signing? As a team we are hopeless and no one single player is going to change that.
Then why do you slate him to not performing in games when everyone was shit? For starters, he'd finish that chance Rashford had.

Kapardin

Have to agree. If Sánchez and Rashford were tearing it up then you could understand why Martial can't get a game, but i can't see how he could have been worse than either of them in that first half.
I have to agree as well. Jose is making the same mistake LvG made with di Maria. Not saying Martial is a world beater yet, but he can definitely do better than Rashford. Sanchez already seems like a terrible mistake, though I will give him one more season to judge him.

I am wondering if a Europa, League and maybe (if we turn it around) an FA Cup is worth tolerating the mistakes Jose is making. Zero purpose in our play. 2nd only because Chelsea and Arsenal were shite, and Spurs/Liverpool had slow starts to the season. If we start next season playing in this style, we will be out of the Top 4 race by December.

I don't want him sacked, but he's testing our patience.

The_Order

they put in a shift though, just look at them running about- Martial would never run about or look busy.

Not a proper Jose lad.

Anyone that knows football, know you need 10 runners on the pitch, just lads running

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
they put in a shift though, just look at them running about- Martial would never run about or look busy.

Not a proper Jose lad.

Anyone that knows football, know you need 10 runners on the pitch, just lads running
Who cares if they are utter trash, give the ball away and cannot finish from inside the box

snk123

Martial and Rashford are as bad as each other with the inconsistency. Neither are good enough to be starters.
That is just factually wrong and I don't want to comment on this. Martial's worst is 10 times better than Rashford's worst.

JoaquinJoaquin

That is just factually wrong and I don't want to comment on this. Martial's worst is 10 times better than Rashford's worst.
Good I'm glad you don't to be honest, because by the sounds of your statement it wouldn't be worth my time.

SillyUsername

The ideology of Marcus Rashford is one of the main reasons we’re going to lose him in the summer. All this rotation and mandatory left wing substitution BS. Mourinho tried playing his games with Martial and he has not responded well to it at all.

Woodenlung

Let's blame the guy that made one mistake in the 20 minutes he had on the pitch.

But let's ignore the utter garbage we saw for the preceding 70. This is all on Mourinho. He's muck when it comes to coaching a coherent attacking structure and has let us down.again.and again.

Bin him.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
The ideology of Marcus Rashford is one of the main reasons we’re going to lose him in the summer. All this rotation and mandatory left wing substitution BS. Mourinho tried playing his games with Martial and he has not responded well to it at all.
I don’t agree. Martial was one of the few players who were delivering close to expectations this season, and then he basically got benched for Sanchez.

He could probably have responded better, but it’s difficult for me to lay too much of the blame for his poor form in the second half of the season at his feet, as he’s been benched or played out of position for most of it.

cyberman

José will get the blame but his second half tactics has given our attackers ample opportunity to break Chelsea down.
Nobody supplies our strikers. Not Martial, Rashford or Lingard.

Quizierda

Mou managed to ruin him. Honestly I hopr he leavers. He is a great player but will never be able to show that under this parking the bus coach. Same goes for Sanchez who looks like average since joining United!

Greck

Created threatening opportunities but someone wants to focus on one mishit cross :houllier:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Created threatening opportunities but someone wants to focus on one mishit cross :houllier:
At least he was a threat and can at defenders with some technical quality. Everyone else is happy to pop it about with no penetration. He also put in the corner for our best chance. But many will still berate him senselessly.

Nick7

Been utterly pointless most times he plays recently. Doesn't look to be putting in the effort he should.

He "threatens" but it always peters out due to bad decision making or poor execution recently. Textbook example of flattering to deceive.

I do hope he stays though, but he really needs to kick on.

Get In Scholesy

I don’t know about this guy. He has all the tools to be amazing, but he has 0 ruthlessness or fight to be a United player.

First thing he did when he came today was give dap to a Chelsea player. Really? It’s a cup final, leave it for after the match. Especially considering you are on the fringe and you have a job to do to try and get yourself and your team back to where it should be.

Frustrating. In this moment, I’d feel no ways if he stays or goes.