Martial is our most important player

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBurner

We can't survive without him and Pogba
This is key right here. We are doing absolutely nothing without both of them this season. It makes a world of difference when martial attracts defenders for both rashdford and james to run off of. He also has good hold up play which ensures we are able to play closer to their goal. In January we need to add another quality attacker in case martial gets injured again.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He’s certainly our most talented player imo. Him in an front 3 with a Bernardo Silva and Kane type would be great - because he needs the assistance. He can do it by himself too but he’s slightly lazy so with the right players he’d be world class.

A creative midfielder wouldn’t be bad either

Hammondo

This is key right here. We are doing absolutely nothing without both of them this season. It makes a world of difference when martial attracts defenders for both rashdford and james to run off of. He also has good hold up play which ensures we are able to play closer to their goal. In January we need to add another quality attacker in case martial gets injured again.
We didn't do anything with them though. TBH our best football has easily been without Pogba.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I won’t say he is our most important player but definitely part of group who should start every game.

Castia

Ive gotta be honest that’s a pretty damning stat. We need to keep him fit.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You know what's the worst part Martial is closest to Mourinho's type of centre forward but was never given extended run there or the confidence to excel .
Martial's lackadaisical demeanor really worked against him there.

Red_toad

Ive gotta be honest that’s a pretty damning stat. We need to keep him fit.
Such a shame we’ve got 2 strikers, who both need a partner. Either one gets injured and we’re toothless in attack. Martial and Rashford combine very well, we certainly need a back up, as Greenwood isn’t ready yet.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
If he is, he really shouldn't be, because he's not that good. He's a really good young(ish) player but not the sort you should be missing as much as we seem to be.

Irwin99

Said it after the West Ham game, I think Martial is a much bigger miss than Pogba. I’m not having a go at Pogba but Martial is the only focal point we have as a striker. Anyone can see that Rashford is better out wide and Greenwood looks way too raw for this stage. This makes Martial our only proper striker.

Our season could depend on this guy.

Skills

Snitch
His touch and tight control separate him from Rashford as a CF.

poleglass red

Thought he was poor. Appreciate he's not match fit but just thought his overall game wasn't great. Hope and expect it to get better but poor today

RedCurry

Thought he was poor. Appreciate he's not match fit but just thought his overall game wasn't great. Hope and expect it to get better but poor today
He wasn’t great but he was still better than Rashford as CF. His presence undoubtedly makes Rashford perform better as a winger, presumably because centre backs are occupied by Martial.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Love Martial. So happy to see him start to finally get the recognition he deserves. With him at 9, he may just save Solskjaer's job. He brings the magic to us upfront. Without him we're so ordinary.

Skills

Snitch
Love Martial. So happy to see him start to finally get the recognition he deserves. With him at 9, he may just save Solskjaer's job. He brings the magic to us upfront. Without him we're so ordinary.
He saved Mourinho's job for a couple of months last season too. Went on a run of scoring in 8 or so games when Mourinho was in self destruct mode.

Chairman Steve

He and Pogba probably will make a difference, but feck me do we need to buy players in January regardless to ease the pressure on those two. Injuries are as inevitable as death and taxes and only the jammiest of jammy bastards go a whole season without any significant ones.

Raven

Sure he was a bit rusty, but he had a good game. I'm certainly nowhere near disappointed.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He saved Mourinho's job for a couple of months last season too. Went on a run of scoring in 8 or so games when Mourinho was in self destruct mode.
Exactly. That's all forgotten though I guess. His goals at Chelsea were sexy. :drool:

He's always been productive, even stifled out of position on the LW under Mourinho, he was still producing.

You can see the difference in his demeaner under Ole now compared to Jose, he's got the enjoyment back in his play. I have no questions he can get 20+ goals as 9 if he stays injury free now.

Skills

Snitch
That's true, but I tend to find they're very effective together. They're the only players we have who can play those nice little intricate passes in the box.
Oh yeah, that wasn't a dig at Rashford. Rashfords got a better shot than Martial and is a better crosser, so to me he's more suited as a wide forward.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm not sure any single one of our players is our most important player. The stat reads great, but there are many factors. I'd say without Maguire the team is a lot less composed at the back. Without Wan-Bissaka we lack almost two players. Without Dave we are clearly weaker. Currently, without McTominay we'd be shaky in midfield.

The quality is so thin that every good player is vital. Martial is in that select group.

Lentwood

We would be roughly on par with Chelsea had Martial stayed fit all season.

Let’s not get carried away but he’s by far our best attacker and it makes a difference having a player who actually acts like a CF at #9

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People slated him for being disinterested when he came on against Liverpool. It was actually Ole's mistake in that he didn't leave Rashford on the pitch because they work so well together and provide enough threat that they improve us throughout the whole pitch.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
All well and good but I wonder when he loses form and goes back to his sulking and lacklustre(disinterested) demeanour, there will be many here calling him a fraud, overrated and not good enough to lead the line. The life of a fickle fan...
That's a fair critique. He's a mood player as some have already identified. Louis had him humming and so does Ole, Mourinho wasn't his cup of tea.

Snuffkin

He's a mood player
His body language suggests he is in a depressed mood permanently. He puts me off my hard earned beer. Makes me want to ball my eyes out. But as you say the stats don't lie. He is vital to the team. I'd pay him a bonus out of my own wallet to cheer up a bit on camera.

Ekeke

Martial has generally played when few of our other players are injured. So its not surprising that his win percentage is so high, because the only times hes been available virtually everyone else (bar Pogba) is also available

OL29

His body language suggests he is in a depressed mood permanently. He puts me off my hard earned beer. Makes me want to ball my eyes out. But as you say the stats don't lie. He is vital to the team. I'd pay him a bonus out of my own wallet to cheer up a bit on camera.
I have to say, I think this perception of him is a bit of a myth, in the training pictures he’s always jovial, I just think his face at rest is expressionless.

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
:lol:

Surely a joke?:nervous:
No, I wasn't joking - which I literally only just realised makes me an absolute fecking moron :lol:

I was reading it as though it was supposed to add up to 100% - like if Martial missed 71% of matches, he must have appeared in 29% of them.

I probably shouldn't be allowed internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.