Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlyn

Please let him go. If we can sell him at cost it would be good. I thought he would push on after the excellent 19/20 season but that's proven to be a false dawn.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If it's Newcastle surely they have to pay a Newcastle tax. Twice the price.

clonsolar

How much will we get for him do we reckon? £30-£40 million? Or is that too optimistic?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Will be really sad to see him go because he’s a great talent and has some great moments in our shirt. Still held out hope he could rediscover his best form because he’s unplayable at his best. Still think he’s a better player than Rashford when he’s on form but unfortunately we haven’t seen enough of that in the past 18 months. Wish him well if he does move on and I hope he proves some doubters wrong.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I just hope his agent would work harder this time. Just get out of his bed, and make a deal with anyone interested.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
What a massive let-down he has been. He just lacks pride.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We should check with Inter. They love our players.

poleglass red

Good luck to him, was never a fan, he had a few decent spells but even then he was just decent. Good lesson for any of the kids such as Greenwood etc coming through, ability only gets you so far. You need to have that focus, drive that keeps you improving and at the top of your game. In this modern day pressing game, so much loved by a lot of managers, that's not a system he will thrive in. Needs to choose his next club wisely and ensure his style of play will work in it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A shame... Oh well. Pre lockdown Martial was great.

TrickyLeftWinger

Newcastle would splash the cash and probably survive the relegation as well and their rise is also inevitable it's better we take advantage of their current situation and sell our Deadwood while we can before they wise up .
Can’t see him staying in England

johanovic

Get him out a.s.a.p....never fullfiled his potential and for me a player that does not put in the hard work needed to be a top class player

Hughes35

Wouldn't really be a stupid move tbh, money doesn't matter to them and he could be a big player there if he wants to be. Could also be just as frustrating as he is here, but I'd say he's worth them taking a chance on
All about opinions I guess. For me, somebody like Martial is the last player I'd want in a relegation battle when it's all hands to the pump.

Anyway, I hope they take him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Now that's one wasted potential. He could be top top player if he had better work ethic. Still might be, as he's a young guy, but somehow I struggle to believe he's in football for any achievements.
I think we can get decent money for him.

stu_1992

Shame he hasn't pushed on from his undoubted promise, but it does feel like he lacks that bit of desire and effort it takes to reach the next level. He looked like he was slowly getting there a couple of years ago, but since then it's like we've gotten his twin instead of him. Don't think he's good enough to be more than a squad player, but if he wants regular games then it is best for everyone if he just moves on then. He is really unlikely to fit into Rangnick's style anyway. Hopefully we can get some decent money for him that will go elsewhere in the team.

On a side note the agent there says he's yet to speak to the club, which is a nice and classy way to do things. Just spout off to the media first, nice one bud.

DepaysCowboyHat

Oh nooo, Monaco seeing the possible Ballon D'or payment slip away and its during christmas.

iHicksy

Ralf: If you wish to play Martial, then you must put in the effort and press the....Anthony? Antony? Where are you going...Come back here i'm talking to you.

slored1

That form at the end of 2019/20 season was excellent. Had like 5 or 6 man of the match performances but then failed to build on what he was showing and also got injured a lot. Shame it didn't work out, always liked him.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Think you lot have him wrong, great player that hasn't had any real consistency as he was constantly having his number taken, shunted to accommodate Sanchez etc, I don't think he's always performed as has a demeanour that lends itself to a sulky lethargic player, I do think under the right circumstances and manager he can become a top player but I wouldn't begrudge him a move if we can get a decent price, we have enough talented youngsters.
He had his number taken once, by a massive player, in his second season…. And his reaction was a huge red flag tbh

Addled

Wish him well. Just a shame that the early potential he showed didnt materialise. As they said in that movie "he coulda been a contender" instead he became a journeyman.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Didn't really kick on after his 1st season. He's been here 7 years now, he's not going to improve any further and I think its best for everyone that he moves on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not surprised, the man can’t even press the buttons on his remote so he was doomed under Rangnick.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I would say the 40 million mark give or take.
I'd be OK with that. I know its less than we paid for him but we need to bear in mind that he's on a massive wage, I think its 250k a week?

RUCK4444

Looks like Ralf has spotted his laziness in a matter of days and told him he’s on his bike. As expected.

mu4c_20le

Everyones thinking Newcastle, but i'm not sure if he's up for a relegation dogfight tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if it were Juve or Inter or something.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He had his number taken once, by a massive player, in his second season…. And his reaction was a huge red flag tbh
Was it only once, I thought it was Sanchez and Cavani and then dropped for Sanchez even when Martial was performing, anyway that's one half of the coin, I don't think he has always made the best of his chances but I equally think at times he's had it rough too compared to others

city-puma

I hope we can persuade him stay. He will establish himself as one of the front two in the new system. I have no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.