Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
No chance he goes to Newcastle.

The guy could walk into most second tier Champions League clubs, certainly any Italian clubs, why would he even contemplate going to Newcastle.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Was it only once, I thought it was Sanchez and Cavani and then dropped for Sanchez even when Martial was performing, anyway that's one half of the coin, I don't think he has always made the best of his chances but I equally think at times he's had it rough too compared to others
Sanchez & Cavani were 7… Martial was/is 9. He technically lost it to two players (Zlatan & Lukaku) before getting it back, but he was also given 11 which is hardly an insignificant number in Man Utd folklore anyway.

SonyaCross493

Selling always-injured and overpaid salary Martial to mugs like Newcastle or Barcelona for £40m-£50M would do United a favour in January. Getting rid of a player who never plays so we can get a midfielder we need, plenty of midfielders with £30m release clauses that lipezig midfielder that Rangnick loves for example

Martial when he signed I thought was going to be the next Henry. But apart from flashes he isn't consistent and too lazy when given an opportunity. He won't be missed and will be forever be known as "Manchester United FLOP Anthony Martial"

I hope Rangnick doesn't cave in and play Martial now as that's what Ole would do after saber rattling from the agent. Let him go. Good riddance. This is New United under new management we don't need bad apples with bad attitudes around the place bringing the place down.

Last edited:

Atheist

He’s 26, so it’s a bit weird that he’s still referred to as a “talent” as if he’s an up and coming youth player. He’s instead supposed to be entering the peak years as a footballer and his record isn’t remotely good enough for a top club. Won’t be missed.

hungrywing

Everyones thinking Newcastle, but i'm not sure if he's up for a relegation dogfight tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if it were Juve or Inter or something.
If Inter take one more of Woodward’s me-big-time-decision-maker-me-swing-big-dick contracts off our hands, they’ll automatically qualify for Catholic sainthood.

Also in a perfect world we’d have been able to just give them Woodward and Judge.

NewYorkRed

Can’t believe some of the stuff said about him on here. Kid had loads of potential, was great in his first year and, arguably, was the best striker in the league two years ago. Not really sure what it was that happened to him last year; fully expected him to kick on but he regressed and got hurt.

Good luck to him, and hopefully we get a good fee for him.

poleglass red

he did one session under Rangnick and got injured. I'd imagine he has had a chat with Rangnick, and it's probably been explained to him that he isn't going to play a big part in this new system. I'd be shocked if this announcement was made without prior discussion with Rangnick. If that's the case than fine, let him go. We need to keep and seek players who fit the system, and not players who are just skillful. No doubting his ability, but a blind man can see he won't fit in, or perhaps, adapt to this more intense pressing style.

Shark

@NotShark
He hasn't even looked like an above average player for over two years now. That number 9 spell under Ole seems like more of a freak season more than anything else and even then it's not like his numbers were incredible.

Kaos

Selling him, Pogba and Lingard would go a long way to fixing our gimped wage structure. I'm hoping under Rangnick we stop giving ludicrous contracts to players who wouldn't get anywhere near what they earn here at other clubs.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would take on loan but wouldn't risk spending a big chunk of money on him.

massi83

I wouldn't celebrate yet. The lazy twat will see that nobody will pay the same salary for him and I wouldn't be surprised if he chooses to stay.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's a big shame. He looked so good when he burst through.

This is totally the right move for all involved: he needs the change of environment to get his career back on track. He's still a good player - contrary to what many state - I can easily see him doing similar-ish to Memphis, maybe even Lukaku at Inter - good overall stats but fundamentally probably something lacking from his game to be a top level option.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Good. Someone should be willing to throw an unwise amount of money our way (and his) for him.

DavelinaJolie

Can’t believe some of the stuff said about him on here. Kid had loads of potential, was great in his first year and, arguably, was the best striker in the league two years ago. Not really sure what it was that happened to him last year; fully expected him to kick on but he regressed and got hurt.

You can't? This place can be character assassination central at times.

He wants to move on, it's for the best if he does and has a fresh chance somewhere else.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
For the best, as a club we haven’t given him the opportunities he deserves. He was brilliant in the 19/20 season and then he was dropped for Cavani which wasn’t on let’s be real. He will go somewhere else and tear it up.

bite

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

He’s a fecking lazy disgrace. It’s there for everyone to see on the pitch. It’s not lack of talent he’s just bone idle.

hungrywing

Selling him, Pogba and Lingard would go a long way to fixing our gimped wage structure. I'm hoping under Rangnick we stop giving ludicrous contracts to players who wouldn't get anywhere near what they earn here at other clubs.
Not entirely coincidentally, that’d also be the Pogba clique out.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If Cavani goes as well (seen a few suggestions he will but no idea if they were from decent sources) we'll need another forward I think.

Shark

@NotShark
If Cavani goes as well (seen a few suggestions he will but no idea if they were from decent sources) we'll need another forward I think.
Really hope Cavani isn't going anywhere he's pure class

Born2Lose

Should have let him go for free a few years ago, no other team is going to be stupid enough to give him £250k a week.

Gurtej

Worth a swap with anyone from Barcelona? Assuming they might be interested!!

Zen86

It would be a well needed fresh start for him. He’s not cut out for the top, but any club that’s just a step below he would do well at.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think this is why it's happening.

We now have Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Amad, Elanga as players that can play wide.

As a striker we have Ronaldo, Cavani, Martial and Greenwood.

If Cavani and Martial leave (possibly Ronaldo as well in one years time) then it allows us to get a striker that can take up 2 or 3 players place whilst also having a right balance of players for the wider areas.

Irrational.

The smart move would be to use him in a p/x deal for someone like Rice or a forward - with Spurs being interested in the past maybe even Kane :devil:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hope that we don't expect him to run out of Carrington else he will end up retiring here

Gurtej

Should have let him go for free a few years ago, no other team is going to be stupid enough to give him £250k a week.
250k for a player like him is unbelievable…. Add 200k or so for Rashford….. I mean he is a decent good player but 200k???? Max 120k or so…

above fixing our other issues…
We also need to really our their salary structure..

eire-red

Juventus and Inter have been long term suitors, haven't they? It's the correct move for everyone involved. Offload Martial, Lingard and Pogba, and we have enough funds there to surely invest in midfield and give us some much needed balance finally.

UpWithRivers

Getting tapped up by Newcastle. Both him and Jesse. I think they should go but fk Newcastle. Its like them going to the scousers and should be treated as such is its true

jeff_goldblum

Looking at how we're likely going to play moving forward, his level of performance and the players he's in competition with for minutes, a permanent move would be the best thing for both parties. Shame because he started with a bang but it's been years since we've seen what made us shell out for him and the relationship has clearly run its course.

R'hllor

Him wanting to leave is not enough, specially not in United. Seems people forgot how we are dealing with out going players. Wouldnt be surprised one bit that he is still with us after January transfer window, with either loan offer decline or we send him on loan while paying 90% of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.