Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eplel

Dude figuratively refused to play even when he was in the pitch.

I have been one of Martial's biggest defenders, but I don't buy this.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
It sounds like there has been a bit of conflict between these two. Ralf probably does't like his shoulder shrugs during training.

I imagine a leading question from Ralf like

'So Anthony, do you want to help Utd win on Saturday?"

Martial shrugs shoulders.

Ragnick is left disgusted.

Last edited:

spiriticon

I don't believe a single word the players say in the media unfortunately.

Too many years of media trained quotes and insincere emojis on social media have led to this.

KennyBurner

What else would you call a guy that went banging someone else while his partner was pregnant?

Snake would probably be too nice to the cnut.
I wonder what you think about Ryan Giggs a Manchester United legend and United themselves for supporting him after his domestic case this year.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If RR said that on television then their is zero chance of it being untrue. The comments character assassinate Martial and would be the fastest way of turning the entire squad against RR if untrue. Why would he make his position untenable by lying?

rooney2009

I don’t know if Martial declined or not but it was a deflection from the Managers flaws yesterday when he made the wrong subs and probably cost us the game
This Manager feels like an outdated Manager and it ain’t going to end well
I’m still fuming that he didn’t shore up the midfield yesterday

Idxomer

I don't believe that Martial refused to be part of the squad, it makes no sense to me.

Ralf is lying.

UncleBob

Martial has denied saying that he did not want to travel. So who do we believe.?
Both are technically right, I'd guess, given the way they worded it. Ralf wanted to include him in the squad due to the circumstances, Martial wasn't keen and said so, Ralf left it at that. I guess Martial just clarifies that if he'd been told to go, he would've gone, he didn't refuse but was given the option to choose.

Ralf made it perfectly clear that Martial wouldn't be a part of his squads due to his desire to leave the club, stated it in the press conference ages around the time he arrived and had the chat with Martial. Rashford and Ronaldo out injured, so in a squad where we had two goalkeepers on the bench, which is fairly funny, he was included. Not sure why Ralf says normally he'd be in the squad, given he's stated the exact opposite already, weird one to interpret. It's not that much of a surprise that a player doesn't fancy being on the bench just for the sake of being on the bench, just because the situation was so laughable that we had to bring two goalkeepers just to have 8 players.

UncleBob

I don't believe that Martial refused to be part of the squad, it makes no sense to me.

Ralf is lying.
Doubt it

Both are technically right, I'd guess, given the way they worded it. Ralf wanted to include him in the squad due to the circumstances, Martial wasn't keen and said so, Ralf left it at that. I guess Martial just clarifies that if he'd been told to go, he would've gone, he didn't refuse but was given the option to choose.

Pickle85

Do we also apply this to the shite from Rashford, Maguire and Bruno this season?
Absolutely.

Ralf is lying.
Not sure if you're being serious here? What would motivate RR to lie about this? Also, what in Martial's time here would lead you to believe he wouldn't do this? He's a lazy, unmotivated nonentity. And he's nowhere near talented enough to get away with it. Dreadful player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Ralf is lying.
Nah, that's stupid. If Rangnick started lying about a player like that the rest of the players would be livid.

Rangnick never said Martial refused to go. He said Martial didn't want to go.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Sick to the back teeth of this arrogant deluded buffer. He can fecking leave ASAP, won't be missed.

ScarleyUtd

Doubt it

Pure semantics that. If he was given the choice and said no, he refused.

Radnick no doubt knows that the desire to play has to come from the player, otherwise it's pointless including him.

Oranges038

Wayne Rooney? Ryan Giggs? Martial was following examples set for him.
There's a degree of separation required.

All snakes, only difference is those guys were able to perform on the pitch and off it.

Seems Martial's problems started when he did that and ended up handing his balls over to his now wife.

I wonder what you think about Ryan Giggs a Manchester United legend and United themselves for supporting him after his domestic case this year.
There's also a degree of separation required here.

Giggs was a great player, but turns out a he's really a massive twat.

Same as George Best, great player, but a raging alcoholic wife beating thundering cnut off the pitch.

Martial, not a great player, but still seems likes a massive snakey cnut both on and off the pitch.

Hope that helps.

dinostar77

Passion merchants expecting the fact these players make millions a good enough reason for them to turn down even more millions.

This would make more sense if chris wood was on 200k. Are you guys even trying to have a balanced conversation of Martial or just petty insults?
Newcastle are the richest club in the world now. Backed by Suadi Arabia Sovereign Wealth Fund. They could have paid Martial wages if they wanted to but they didnt.

You could argue either way that signing chris wood weakens burnley a relegation rival or you've just handed them £25mil to get someone better in upfront. Regardless thats besides the point. The point is Martial's stock is very low at the moment. He needs to take a pay cut for a permanent move or somehow convince utd to let him go on loan in the cheap.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Presenting internal talks to the outside world with his personal spin, and irritating the people he'd talked to internally in the process, is kind of Rangnick's thing, it has to be said. The boards of Schalke, Frankfurt, Milan can attest to that, just to give recent examples.
I'm sure Marina Granovskaja has her own opinion too about Rangnick telling everyone at every opportunity how Chelsea offered him the interim job and why he declined it. Noone else does things like that, offering internal negotiations to the public, it's kind of a no-go. Rangnick does it all the time.

Last edited:

Giggsy’s left foot

Both of the two have said different things. RR has said he refused to be in the squad and travel. AM has said he would never refuse to play.
Im sure we all know the team sheet would have been announced on Friday. It looks likely that AM has seen that he’s on the bench and Alanga is starting.
then he’s said something along the lines of if I’m not starting I’m not coming to RR as he sees himself as a better player.

These players we have are difficult to like. We have the talent there, however it seems the professionalism isn’t there. Ronaldo called it out. People are saying Ronaldo has upset the squad. It seems this is exactly what needs to happen. This is Man United here. All the basics that are needed to build top quality teams are lacking. The players now know who’s the boss and we’ll see who are the pros. I think Pogba, Martial, Lingard, all need to be moved on immediately.

Irrational.

This was a power play by Rangnick. He is telling the players that he may stay only 6 months here, but in that time span, if they don't do what they are told he can damage them more than they can imagine.

I think that this was a great move by Rangnick! Our players should learn to work, and then work a little more, and listen to the manager. The manager is their boss, not their buddy like Ole.
If we had a manager with a backbone before Ralf then we wouldn’t be in this predicament, with a bloated squad and players swinging their dicks around.

Ole’s mollycoddling, pally-pally, people pleasing approach is going to hurt us for many more months to come.

Idxomer

Nah, that's stupid. If Rangnick started lying about a player like that the rest of the players would be livid.

Rangnick never said Martial refused to go. He said Martial didn't want to go.
Maybe not technically lying, but he's obviously omitting part of the truth and putting his own spin on it as @Hansi Fick said above.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Martial is probably only denying this to avoid his professionalism looking bad, I mean what club would want to sign a guy if he sulking as and doesnt want to be part of a squad just because he wants to leave.
And what club executive would happily damage like that the reputation of a player he is actually trying to get other clubs to sign at the same exact moment?

Kaos

Yeah I don’t buy the notion that Rangnick is lying. Martial clearly trying to get his PR to work overtime to salvage his professional reputation.

Say what you want about Ronaldo and Rangnick, I’m at least glad they’re bringing to light how petulant our squad is. Can’t wait for most of them to piss off.

acnumber9

The plot thickens. Lets wait for more information to come out regarding this matter. I knew it was strange that Martial would behave this way.
It’s not like he has previous for just fecking off from pre season without permission.

Manny

Grammar Police
And what club executive would happily damage like that the reputation of a player he is actually trying to get other clubs to sign at the same exact moment?
It sends a message to the rest of the squad. Unprofessionalism will get called out.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter how much we get for Martial. It wouldn't be much anyway.

AndySmith1990

Martial is talking shite, just as Rashford and Maguire talk shite when they jump on social media to post an apology, and claim they will give 100% in the next match. Talk is cheap and it won't wash anymore. Fans have cottoned on to the fact many of our players are lazy tossers who can't handle pressure nor criticism.

If any of them really cared they'd do their talking on the pitch. That's what professional people do when they want to prove someone wrong, they raise their game and go above and beyond to perform to the best they can. They don't go running to twitter or instagram to tell everyone how wrong they are.

crossy1686

career ending
The club executives have done enough damage to the club and the player before now. They should have moved him on in the summer, which if we’re to believe reports, Martial was for sale at that point. Now we’re in a situation where again, their lack of action has affected the playing squad and already got one manager fired this season.

Not only that, they’ve brought in an interim, with promises, and now are undecided on whether or not to sign anyone this window incase the new manager doesn’t fancy them in the summer, while playing hardball over players that simply should have been sold seasons ago.

No wonder Ralf is frustrated, if he is actually going to be kept on in a consultancy role, then he needs to be allowed to have some autonomy with the squad and recruitment. Frustrated managers speak to the board through the media and I honestly don’t blame him because no one is listening to the circus that’s going on down here.

led_scholes

If he had 10% less talent and 10% more work ethic, he would still be one of the best forwards in the word.
Now, he is rightfully considered an overpaid sulking figure.

I don't want to see him again wearing the shirt. If he continues with this attitude, in 2 years he will be a bench warmer in Turkey.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Martial put something up on his Instagram Stories (Instagram handle is ‘martial_9’) about 30 mins ago. I can’t post images/links yet, but I’ll quote it below:

“I will never refuse to play a match for Man United. I’ve been here for 7 years and I never disrespected and will never disrespect the club and the Fans.”

What to make of this now?
Martial wants out and asked not to play. The club said "that's A-OK"

Now this is being spun out as "Martial REFUSED to play", so he's defending himself

Pretty standard situation, nothing to see really

Mindhunter

I typically side with the manager’s word in these situations. While I am sure that Martial didn’t actually said the words “I am unavailable to play and wouldn’t want to travel” because that would be breach of contract, he must have said enough through his words, actions, and the general vibe he gives while training.

He isn’t really motivated to give 110% for United on the pitch and would have just been a passenger if selected. In those circumstances, it is best to not just keep him out of the lineup but also from the squad. Negativity spreads fast.

Ralf’s wording may be expedient but let’s not fool ourselves of who has United’s interests in mind between the two of them. Also being known as a troublemaker who underperforms and goes on strike isn’t good PR for Martial who would be looking for a club soon so obviously he had to defend his professionalism publicly after being called out.

Had he invested even a fraction of the effort he put into his PR campaign to actually perform on the pitch, he would have repaid some of the faith and the money the club has wasted on him over the years. I hold no malice for players who tried and failed and moved on despite a loss but it is entitled players like Martial that I hate with a vengeance. He has no place here.

Pickle85

The plot thickens. Lets wait for more information to come out regarding this matter. I knew it was strange that Martial would behave this way.
Not having a go but genuine question: at this point why would you defend Martial? He's been dross for a couple of seasons now, doesn't look arsed and wants to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.