Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Everybody's talking all this stuff of Martial
And how Tony wants to leave (tell me why)
Ralf don't need permission
To make staffing decisions
That's his prerogative (it's Ralf's prerogative)
It's Ralf's prerogative
He can do what he wanna do (It's Ralf's prerogative)
Tell the press a thing or two (It's Ralf's prerogative)
Rangnick turning the screw (It's Ralf's prerogative)
:lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

will never understand why the club continues to hold players ransom. if they dont want to be there, get a decent price and let them go. no one is big enough to hold a club hostage. you'll never see pool, city, juve etc doing the same. its madness and speaks of incompetence at the management level.
I think that's what we try to do, but the prices aren't decent, or teams want us to pay a large part of their wages whilst taking minimum risk, all our fault of course, but still we can't just let players go to the highest bidder at any given time.

I'm sure we'd love to sell Lingard for £15 million now rather than him leave for free in the summer, have Pogba off the books and £30 million in the bank, or have Sevilla pay us what we want for Martial, but it isn't happening, and so we will continue to suffer because of it.

Borussia Teeth

Of course Martial Is going to come out and say that he's hardly going to agree is he?

I for one applaud Ralf for speaking honestly and openly it makes a refreshing change, if it's true Ralf has to back down then we're well and truly fecked.

Martial should've been binned long ago there is no fight in him whatsoever and sulks at the first sign of competition and his attitude on the pitch is appalling.

Get rid.
The bold is false. At the start of Jose's second season Martial was second fiddle to Rashford, he out performed Rashford and took his place on the left (and then was wrongly replaced with Sanchez). The following season he started on the bench again but reclaimed his place and was actually one of our top performers that kept Jose in the job for a bit longer.

I think Martial's time here is up and he should be sold but this parroted narrative claiming that he 'sulks at the first sign of competition' is clearly untrue when he's shown on multiple occasions that he's willing to fight for his place.

Reactions: JPRouve

hungrywing

There's an old sufi(?) parable about a man conned into thinking ultra-hot red peppers were the sweetest fruit in existence.

It ends with him eating the peppers and weeping while one of his companions asks why. He replies that he's not eating the peppers. Someone here will know the rest.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
You are on the wrong side of history my friend. Martial is going to save whatever is left of this pathetic season if he stays and I will be here to remind you.
Cringe, but ok.
As long as it doesn't disrespect other players, I'd rather have his fanboys' shameless optimism than the negativity and toxicity from the player hate groups.
Martial FC may no longer be the force it once was, but the unnecessary hatred and reinforced player hate groups are far worse and damaging.

To those in player hate groups (Martial or other):
What is it to you if some fans wish or even dream that some players will eventually succeed? What is it to you if some fans choose not to join you in bashing players or celebrating their shortcomings? Does the club not benefit from players doing well?

To criticize is definitely good, even if harsh; but to hate, and to intentionally and constantly choose to spread hate when it isn’t necessary is, in my opinion, quite unbecoming—or at least very regrettable—for anyone with a sound mind.

Last edited:

KennyBurner

Martial still not fined by the club which it’s manager said refused to play. That should tell everyone with a working brain exactly what they need to know

Now it’s about how he interpreted it and not what Martial actually did.

Red_toad

Martial still not fined by the club which it’s manager said refused to play. That should tell everyone with a working brain exactly what they need to know

Or he’s just back tracking on previous comments after a word from his overlords to protect the value of their asset.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Or he’s just back tracking on previous comments after a word from his overlords to protect the value of their asset.
Regardless of what theory anyone wants to put out, a good manager puts the matter to bed. He's done that.

pascell

It's beyond embarrassing how we're ran as a club from top to bottom.

Managers now having to apologise to players who refused to play as they want to leave, absolute shambles.

Smores

If you had a working brain you'd know the manager never said that Martial refused to play. That should tell everyone with a working brain all they need to know.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Some absolute baffling posts in this thread, :lol:
Some proper conspiracy theories being thrown out there.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't know why but I have always felt that he could do well playing for Barcelona. I've seen him being linked recently aswell.

There's just something about the way he plays that could excel a bit more at a club that values things like positioning and passing. He would be a good dribbler in a league that also plays football mostly on the ground aswell.

I feel like he might be the player that they kind of expected Memphis to be.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I don't know why but I have always felt that he could do well playing for Barcelona. I've seen him being linked recently aswell.

There's just something about the way he plays that could excel a bit more at a club that values things like positioning and passing. He would be a good dribbler in a league that also plays football mostly on the ground aswell.

If and when he does move, I have no doubt he will get back to the levels we have seen from him before, during his time here.

Giggsy13

Martial asked not to be in the squad, that’s what the manager said. Refusing to be in the squad when you’re earning incredible wages at a big club earns you a fine anywhere else. But what does my small brain know, we don’t have standards at this club anymore just fan boys.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We need German to French translator. Mike Phelan can only speak English and Spanish.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ralf should be careful with his words. He's actually reducing an asset price of a player belonging to the club. These issues should be kept behind the scenes and not for public consumption.
Ah yes, be like Ole. Always spoke highly of the players. He sold a lot of players for very high prices.

red_de_pologne

Martial asked not to be in the squad, that’s what the manager said. Refusing to be in the squad when you’re earning incredible wages at a big club earns you a fine anywhere else. But what does my small brain know, we don’t have standards at this club anymore just fan boys.
Think he said Martial didn't want to play, not refused to play.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Cringe, but ok.
As long as it doesn't disrespect other players, I'd rather have his fanboys' shameless optimism than the negativity and toxicity from the player hate groups.
Martial FC may no longer be the force it once was, but the unnecessary hatred and reinforced player hate groups are far worse and damaging.

To those in player hate groups (Martial or other):
What is it to you if some fans wish or even dream that some players will eventually succeed? What is it to you if some fans choose not to join you in bashing players or celebrating their shortcomings? Does the club not benefit from players doing well?

To criticize is definitely good, even if harsh; but to hate, and to intentionally and constantly choose to spread hate when it isn’t necessary is, in my opinion, quite unbecoming—or at least very regrettable—for anyone with a sound mind.
A player who is earning £250k a week, who wants a move out of the club, seemingly refusing to lower his wage demands for said move that HE wants and then asking not to be included in a match day squad is asking for abuse. He is quite frankly taking the piss.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

He’s actually miles better than Depay so I’d expect him to do very well there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
My guess is he didn't explicitly say "I refuse to be in the squad". My guess is they asked how he feels and answered honestly - not up for it.

In Ralf's mind, he thinks that's as good as refusing and Martial probably in his mind thinks "well if you asked me to be in the squad I would have been".

Don't particularly think either of them are in the wrong.

KennyBurner

I don’t believe Martial did any of that hence he would have been fined. Why would he refuse to not be part of the squad while on payroll and management sides with him? It’s just hard for you lot on here to admit the manager might be LYING! You’re basically the fanboy of the manager which is weird.

KennyBurner

My guess is he didn't explicitly say "I refuse to be in the squad". My guess is they asked how he feels and answered honestly - not up for it.

In Ralf's mind, he thinks that's as good as refusing and Martial probably in his mind thinks "well if you asked me to be in the squad I would have been".

Don't particularly think either of them are in the wrong.
This is all guesswork to make martial look bad. Why not just take what was written and roll with it instead of imagining what you think was done when you weren’t there? What you have done is exactly what others have done the last 5 pages. Just guesswork because you can’t comprehend Martial might actually be innocent.

Hint - he wasn’t fined by the club so unless you think the club hates our manager please apply logic. He was fined during that preseason under mourinho by the way so fining players has never been a problem for the club.

Remember the geese

I like your posts about De Gea. Fanboying over Martial is not the one though.

Terry Chango

A player who is earning £250k a week, who wants a move out of the club, seemingly refusing to lower his wage demands for said move that HE wants and then asking not to be included in a match day squad is asking for abuse. He is quite frankly taking the piss.
100% this if true.

Poor modern day footballer doesn't feel up to it mentally to go out and perform for anything between 0-90 minutes.

Meanwhile the fans who pay his wages, have to go to work on far less earning's whilst perhaps suffering with their own mental, work life or private life issues. My staff get paid a fraction of what he does, none of them ever turn round after eating a shit sandwich from me to tell me that they don't feel up to it.

Gone are the days where teammates would callout these soft centred lazy fecks. I feel the majority of our squad have had it to easy for to long and lack the hunger or desire required.

Is it true that he still hasn't bothered to learn English ?

Reactions: Sultan

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Can someone explain why people are calling each other fanboys? :lol: I'm not understanding it?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This is all guesswork to make martial look bad. Why not just take what was written and roll with it instead of imagining what you think was done when you weren’t there? What you have done is exactly what others have done the last 5 pages. Just guesswork because you can’t comprehend Martial might actually be innocent.

Hint - he wasn’t fined by the club so unless you think the club hates our manager please apply logic. He was fined during that preseason under mourinho by the way so fining players has never been a problem for the club.
I literally finished my post with I don't think either of them are in the wrong. Maybe you should apply comprehension.

Hint - my guess work absolved either of them of doing anything levelled at them in this thread.

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t believe Martial did any of that hence he would have been fined. Why would he refuse to not be part of the squad while on payroll and management sides with him? It’s just hard for you lot on here to admit the manager might be LYING! You’re basically the fanboy of the manager which is weird.
How do you know he wasn’t fined? Why would the manager make that public knowledge and then say the matter is closed? Kind of contradictory statements are they not?

KennyBurner

How do you know he wasn’t fined? Why would the manager make that public knowledge and then say the matter is closed? Kind of contradictory statements are they not?
When has a player been fined by the club and it wasn't released to the public? Till we see a statement its only right to assume, no?

Giggsy13

That’s fine you’re entitled that view, but I think there’s a lot of skepticism behind Martial, which is why so many including myself have jumped on him and put credence to Ralf’s claim. This is the player who complained about changing numbers with Zlatan who is 10 times the player he’ll ever be. 2018, he failed to show up because Jose demanded standards. He’s shown his character in the past, so this latest outburst should be no surprise.

Maybe I’m old school and I remember the time when our manager had unwielded power and the players fell in line because they were accountable to him, the club and the supporters. I suppose it goes to standards again. You support player power while I support the club, and the players are accountable to you and me since we put aside money and time to watch them every week. I’m an old dinosaur I know but club before player every time.

crossy1686

career ending
When has a player been fined by the club and it wasn't released to the public? Till we see a statement its only right to assume, no?
Assume whatever you want. Players are fined and reprimanded all the time. Not everything has to be public knowledge, kind of silly to wash your dirty laundry in public if the player accepts they did something wrong and wants to draw a line under it

Remember the geese

Im forced to fanboy Martial because the club cant find attackers with pace that are also comfortable on the ball. Its out of necessity and willingness to succeed at this point
I liked Martial, but he just couldn't sustain his 19/20 performances. Also, his lack of willingness to run off the ball rules him out from being an option out wide. I just want to see Bruno tried as a false 9.

KennyBurner

That’s fine you’re entitled that view, but I think there’s a lot of skepticism behind Martial, which is why so many including myself have jumped on him and put credence to Ralf’s claim. This is the player who complained about changing numbers with Zlatan who is 10 times the player he’ll ever be. 2018, he failed to show up because Jose demanded standards. He’s shown his character in the past, so this latest outburst should be no surprise.

Maybe I’m old school and I remember the time when our manager had unwielded power and the players fell in line because they were accountable to him, the club and the supporters. I suppose it goes to standards again. You support player power while I support the club, and the players are accountable to you and me since we put aside money and time to watch them every week. I’m an old dinosaur I know but club before player every time.
This right here is just inaccurate. Martial saved Jose at United then was betrayed with the arrival of sanchez. He has always risen to the task and had to fight for his place here and done it many times. You have an idea of martial that has been influenced by the media. I mean there are many on here that dont like him just because of his laid back personality. I only care about what he can do on the pitch and his general performance. I take into account the state of the team before judging his overall performance. He is not a player without flaws but is still good enough in comparison to our options. For the record Im also for club power. I support United first which is why I support Martial. If we recruit a better player than Martial then fecking sell him I dont care.

Assume whatever you want. Players are fined and reprimanded all the time. Not everything has to be public knowledge, kind of silly to wash your dirty laundry in public if the player accepts they did something wrong and wants to draw a line under it
The manager has been very vocal about players since he arrived and its caused a rift. Im glad he wants to now do things differently and draw a line under it like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.